HFX Wanderers Season Thread 2020

I am confused who is playing up top. Sanoh is the only natural striker on their books right now, I know GARCIA can fill in there though. That is a lot of weight on Sanoh's shoulders. Surely they are brining another quality striker in?

Edited by toontownman
No name mcghee

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Oops.. left his name out of the sentance lol. Is he an out and out striker, thought he was more of a wide play/attacking mid that could play as a second striker if needed. Guess it depends how he set the team up. 

Based on transfermarkt, he played 10 games at CF and had 3 goals, so doesn't seem like you'd want him to be your main guy, but the service was also pretty bad for HFX last year.

I had read that Bent can play anywhere in the front three as well

“Sanoh offers us a different option in the squad because unlike Akeem Garcia, he’s a bigger player who is a bit more of a target player that we will able to play through and he’s also a proven goalscorer and we all know we lacked goals last year,” said Fegan.

https://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca/article/wanderers-add-depth-to-attack-with-signing-of-maritime-college-star-ibrahima-sanoh

Garcia will push forward with the depth in the midfield but we do need another target striker.

1 minute ago, DigzTFC said:

“Sanoh offers us a different option in the squad because unlike Akeem Garcia, he’s a bigger player who is a bit more of a target player that we will able to play through and he’s also a proven goalscorer and we all know we lacked goals last year,” said Fegan.

https://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca/article/wanderers-add-depth-to-attack-with-signing-of-maritime-college-star-ibrahima-sanoh

Garcia will push forward with the depth in the midfield but we do need another target striker.

With the amount of roster turnover it is probably a good idea to run with this now and make some corrections later if need be. I don't see a third place finish getting too far away from them by the summer window

I don't see this club struggling to score goals with the additions of Morelli, Riggi and Marshall.  

Riggi has always been rated but injury prone.  Marshall has TEN caps for Jamaica already... and they've never been short on attackers.  Morelli looks absolute class in his highlights - I know it doesn't mean much but he's had the best reel of the summer signings league wide.  

Add these guys to Garcia, who was already one of the best attackers in the league and I expect them to do some damage.  Just imagine if they could add Shaffelburg on loan..

It is true that all of the above players can score.

I see the players in camp fitting into these roles:

• Centre Forward - Sanoh, (Morelli)
  • Secondary Strikers - Morelli, Garcia, (Marshall)
  • Attacking wings - Riggi, Marshall, Kreim, Bent (Garcia)
  • Box to box midfielders - LBG, Rampersad, Sissoko, Firth
  • Left Foot CB - Santos, Geffrard
  • Right Foot CB - Schaale, Nsa
  • RB - Restrepo, Ruby, (Nsa)
  • LB - De Carolis, Kinumbe, (Santos)

It will be interesting to see how Ruby, De Carolis, and Sanoh fit on this team.

There is tremendous flexibility in roster design with each player having multiple positions.

I still think we need more at the centre forward position and defensive back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 3:41 PM, DigzTFC said:

Sign this guy then a good international CF. 

Will Baynham - Canadian Centre Forward (Former Teammate of Mateo Restrepo) UCSB Top Goal Scorer.

I guess when you post on the club's official facebook page, the club will listen.

https://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca/article/wanderers-hand-trial-to-ncaa-striker-will-baynham-in-search-of-different-dimension-in-attack

1 hour ago, DigzTFC said:

Digz can you post something about halifax picking up Higgins from TFC??  Or if you have some pull with Valor, he could go there as well.  Thanks.