Match Thread: July 27, 2019 - York9 FC v HFX Wanderers

I’m still wondering why York 9 who let’s be honest here are probably last in attendance in the CPL, think it’s a good idea to go up against TFC once again. Yes I know the York9 game is at 330PM, while the TFC home game is at 8PM, but I’m going to both , however, I’m going solo because I couldn’t get any of my TFC mates to go to both games. If the York9 game was tomorrow, I could have easily gotten at least 3 other guys to go with me. York9 you can’t compete right now with TFC in terms of fan support, maybe in a few years , but right now they can’t , do why not try to put yourself in the best position possible to try and get as many soccer fans out as possible and for now that means not playing when TFC plays on the same day , it’s not rocket science!

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

I’m still wondering why York 9 who let’s be honest here are probably last in attendance in the CPL, think it’s a good idea to go up against TFC once again. Yes I know the York9 game is at 330PM, while the TFC home game is at 8PM, but I’m going to both , however, I’m going solo because I couldn’t get any of my TFC mates to go to both games. If the York9 game was tomorrow, I could have easily gotten at least 3 other guys to go with me. York9 you can’t compete right now with TFC in terms of fan support, maybe in a few years , but right now they can’t , do why not try to put yourself in the best position possible to try and get as many soccer fans out as possible and for now that means not playing when TFC plays on the same day , it’s not rocket science!

The timing isn't unreasonable. You have plenty of time to make it for pregame ceremonies.

You get the chance to assist to back to back games, now this is just nitpicking, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow 

Screenshot_20190727-154821_Maps.jpg

Edited by Ansem

That picture of Telfer reminds me of Grey Worm--especially whoever convinced him not to smile.

I just logged on for the game, and they had the live game summary out of Winnipeg, it looked really sharp. Really, the OneSoccer broadcasting has really improved in subtle ways these last weeks, apart from that screw up in Edmonton. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

The timing isn't unreasonable. You have plenty of time to make it for pregame ceremonies.

That's not really the issue though - a lot people who might be interested in going to both games don't necessarily have 6 or 7 hours out of their summer day just to attend soccer matches. Splitting the time across two days would have worked better for me.