Class of 2005

Northvansteve

8 hours ago, VinceA said:

Should add the two HFX guys

Ethan Schilte-Brown and Kimani Stewart-Baynes.

Although Schilte-Brown 's development deal has ended.

Kimani is a real talent, maybe a Generation Adidas player after the fall season at Maryland.  

This is where CPL makes no sense, you have a top young talent that’s on the radar of MLS teams and you do nothing with it.  Halifax is horrible, what excuse do they have for not using a player like this?  They could contribute a top player towards our next U20 World Cup qualifying campaign.  

19 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Kimani is a real talent, maybe a Generation Adidas player after the fall season at Maryland.  

This is where CPL makes no sense, you have a top young talent that’s on the radar of MLS teams and you do nothing with it.  Halifax is horrible, what excuse do they have for not using a player like this?  They could contribute a top player towards our next U20 World Cup qualifying campaign.  

Maybe he hasn't impressed and they want to be as competitive as possible

On 6/16/2023 at 4:53 PM, Aird25 said:

Maybe he hasn't impressed and they want to be as competitive as possible

Theres nothing competitive about that team... and if we really want to be honest, the level isn't anywhere near high enough to not play more kids like this.  If you've seen him or ask around, he's a talent.  I was convinced he was going to sign directly with an American MLS Next Pro team but maybe he wants to spend time in college.

Kevaughan Tavernier is a name I expect to go to Europe at 18.  Another talented boy playing League 1 that is more than capable of being an impact player in CPL.  One of a couple local boys TFC has been trying to bring in their academy for a few years now. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Forge have signed Daniel Firek, a 2005 to a Development contract.

They've also signed Guadeiro, who is a 2006 and was with the U17 team, and Kevaughan Tavernier, who is 17 but I can't find if he was also born in 2005.

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-sign-three-canadians-to-development-contracts

Pretty sure Tavernier is a 2006

• 7 months later...

I haven’t followed the first team too much, but Cove Rangers Saturday in the Scottish Cup would be a good time for some minutes off the bench. Cove are 3rd tier so could see some rotation if the game gets out of sight.