CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atiba just couldn’t resist! Love it.

Cant say I’m thrilled about the keeper choices.. if Borjan wasn’t coming I’d want Crepeau starting.  So we’re leaving him with the Fury as a favour I suppose?.. 

Also Edgar called? Has he even been the best Canadian Fury defender? Another favour?

To make it easy..

Added: Thomas, Tabla, Pantemis, Edgar, Hutchinson, Morgan

Dropped: Borjan, Crepeau, Akindele, Jakovic, De Jong, Wotherspoon

Just now, Keegan said:

Cant say I’m thrilled about the keeper choices.. if Borjan wasn’t coming I’d want Crepeau starting.  So we’re leaving him with the Fury as a favour I suppose?.. 

But the MIGHTY Fury needs their keeper to get into the playoffs for one of the most prestigious cups in the WORLD.

The USL Cup aka future CHAMPIONSHIP CUP*

*no promotion to MLS

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Nothing against Crepeau whatsoever, but I think a lot of us would rather see Busti get some initial minutes than have him sit on the bench for another match.

Morgan over Adekugbe is a frustrating one for sure.. heck even Levis, Edwards or Telfer I’d call first.  He hasn’t been playing for TFC so what message are we sending?  I don’t care if it’s in Toronto and no one should.. especially our FA. 

I am looking forward to the starting XI's that people will post.  I am not nearly as much of a formation geek (and I say that lovingly) as some on here, so it is always good to know what others think is our best formation.  Plus I am curious how many folks have Tabla walking into the starting 11 versus seeing him subbed in (I am at minimum assuming he will see the field at some point).

Just now, Keegan said:

#AtibaForCB

I have said it before, but will repeat it - to me this make so much sense on so many levels.  He has great defensive skills and a high soccer IQ.  Plus with our newfound wealth of attacking options, it would allow us to field our best 11 individuals without sacrificing formations or having people way out of position (aside from Hutch).

I have no idea how he would feel about that sort of assignment - it certainly wouldn't be about forcefully pushing him out of midfield.  But if he would make that change, it would address what is now our biggest problem area while leaving us with a crazy good attacking group. 

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am looking forward to the starting XI's that people will post.  I am not nearly as much of a formation geek (and I say that lovingly) as some on here, so it is always good to know what others think is our best formation.  Plus I am curious how many folks have Tabla walking into the starting 11 versus seeing him subbed in (I am at minimum assuming he will see the field at some point).

———————-Cavallini———————

Hoilett—————————————David

—————Osorio——Arfield————-

Davies————-Piette—————-Tabla

————Hutchinson—Henry——————

————————Busti—————————-

Sub in Larin, Millar and ZBG.

----------David--------Larin--------Cavallini----
Davies-------Hoilett-----Ballou------Millar
--------------Arfield---Atiba---Osorio-------
--------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------Busti---------------------

1 minute ago, Bully said:

----------David--------Larin--------Cavallini----
Davies-------Hoilett-----Ballou------Millar
--------------Arfield---Atiba---Osorio-------
--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------Busti---------------------

Final score: 16 - 3

David        Cavallini 

Davies           Arfield           Osorio           Hoillett 

ATIBA

Edgar       James      Cornelius 

Busti 

Subs - Tabla for Oso 

Larin for Cava

Ricketts for David 

* I would like to see Atiba in the back and piette at CDM but either way Atiba starts                            

Archived