CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Our midfield is getting deep. Likely at least two players from the group of Davies, Hoilett, Arfield, Atiba, Osorio, Piette, and Tabla will start on the bench.

My opinion based on history is atiba, hoilett, arfield and Davies are starters for sure. 

I think Tabla comes on for Osorio.  Osorio is a better player right now than Tabla.

2-5-3 formation (yes I’m serious)

Davies    Cavallini   David

Osorio. Arfield.   Hoilett

Piette.  Hutchinson.

Henry.     James. 

Busti. 

Tabla for Osorio

Larin for David

ZBG for Hutch ( and we drop Davies to a more conservative 3-5-2 with Davies dropping back after we’re up by 7)

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I tallied up the total goals scored by this roster... it’s at 50. Is it safe to say thats the most ever? 

I believe the WCQ against Australia in 1993 had Mitchell, Catliff and Bunbury who each had 19, 18 and 10 goals at that time. I'm sure the rest of the team had more that 3 goals combined.

5 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I believe the WCQ against Australia in 1993 had Mitchell, Catliff and Bunbury who each had 19, 18 and 10 goals at that time. I'm sure the rest of the team had more that 3 goals combined.

Good find, thanks 

16 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Thinking of that match makes me smile and cry at the same time. That was my favorite MNT of all time, and they almost made it. It was that match that taught me not to drink (excessively) and support.

Think it's clear that Herdman told Borjan to rest in Serbia so Busti plays and gets capped-tied. Great stuff, imo.

Rest of the squad looks strong/good with a few depth players that not many of us are in love with but hey, they're bodies that will create a competitive environment for training (which gets overlooked sometimes). 

Promising stuff and exciting times to be a Canadian footy supporter. Lets keep the buzz going until we're in Qatar ;) 

I'm thinking 4 changes from the previous match.

Busti for Borjan
Atiba for Cornelius
Ballou for Millar
Larin for David

So, I think we'll go with a 2-6-2 or a 2-4-4 (Though if it's a 2-4-4, Davies would play at left midfield and Hoilett on the left wing)

Cavallini Larin
Davies Hoilett Ballou 
Osorio Piette Arfield
Hutchinson  Henry
         Busti

Archived