Impact offseason 2017-18

Blackdude

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

So he's the direct replacement for Ciman? And Raitala/Edwards replace Oyongo? Ouch. Better hope Taider comes to replace Dzemaili or the playoffs will be a long ways away.

Ciman as much as I enjoyed his passion and slide tackles they often backfired and he liked to complain too much. Also I think it was too much a coincidence all these goals from crosses and set pieces occurred during his tenure. If this Diallo is a physical specimen as he’s touted I hope this resolves that issue. I don’t care about the flashyness and slides just someone solid and consistent. 

Crepeau is still listed on their official roster, which would technically give them 12 Canucks. Even without him, they have more than twice than TFC have, which is 5 at the moment (I don't count Akinola - I'm going by who is eligible to be counted as a Canuck for V-Cup purposes). The Whitecaps have 6 but that doesn't include Bustos (loaned out) and Edgar (listed on the Whitecaps website as being on the roster but "unsigned"). Sadly for me, right now TFC appears to hate Canada the most, although they only have 18 players in total signed to the first team, so hopefully they will hate Canada less by the time the season (which begins early for them) starts.

In any event, well done to the Impact

26 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Crepeau is still listed on their official roster, which would technically give them 12 Canucks. Even without him, they have more than twice than TFC have, which is 5 at the moment (I don't count Akinola - I'm going by who is eligible to be counted as a Canuck for V-Cup purposes). The Whitecaps have 6 but that doesn't include Bustos (loaned out) and Edgar (listed on the Whitecaps website as being on the roster but "unsigned"). Sadly for me, right now TFC appears to hate Canada the most, although they only have 18 players in total signed to the first team, so hopefully they will hate Canada less by the time the season (which begins early for them) starts.

In any event, well done to the Impact

It<s not official that he`s gone, but Martineau knows that he`s gone. They`re just waiting for the official news of Crepeau leaving.

12 minutes ago, Metroimpact said:

Maybe Impcat are angling for the CanPL.

They would have a chance at winning then right? :ph34r:

Think tabla would be mental to leave with Garde there tbh. Even if it's just staying another year. 

Hopefully he sticks there and the other nationals and Remi can corrupt his mind to pull on the right international jersey.

17 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

Montreal traded their 2 first round picks (4&7) to Dallas and Minnesota for  200 000$ and 150 000$ of TAM. Wise move, it's looking a lot like Garde will really count on the academy to provide depth for his team instead of Superdraft prospects or MLS journeyman. 

^ Yup,

Also, I saw on twitter that Mathieu Choiniere will be at the 1st teams training camp

39 minutes ago, Dub Narcotic said:

It's been a tradition since Montreal came into MLS for their management to shit on the draft and then end up signing a pu pu platter of terrible Euros for a lot of money. Who was that Romanian CB last year? One of the worst of a really undistinguished list.

Shitting on the draft and signing bad European players are two different things. TFC has I think 1 guy in their core that they drafted (Hagglund). Seattle has 2 (Roldan and Fisher) Garde said himself that he thought that Academy players are more ready to play in MLS than the potential draftees. It does tell you more about the draft quality getting worse with the Academy system throughout MLS. If ther was that much talent, why did DC which had a higher draft position traded their pick for allocation too? 

Tell me the players drafted in the past 6 years who are  contributors (ie 10+ matches last year) on MLS teams right now?  There aren't that many players like that. 

31 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Shitting on the draft and signing bad European players are two different things. TFC has I think 1 guy in their core that they drafted (Hagglund). Seattle has 2 (Roldan and Fisher) Garde said himself that he thought that Academy players are more ready to play in MLS than the potential draftees. It does tell you more about the draft quality getting worse with the Academy system throughout MLS. If ther was that much talent, why did DC which had a higher draft position traded their pick for allocation too? 

Tell me the players drafted in the past 6 years who are  contributors (ie 10+ matches last year) on MLS teams right now?  There aren't that many players like that. 

Don't forget about Alex Bono. You can always find gems in the draft. If Impact uses the allocation money for good use than they will be ahead. If not they've wasted  a couple of cheap options.

Archived