Impact offseason 2017-18

Blackdude

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Impact signed 2 goalkeepers in Clément DIop and Jason Beaulieu.  Crépeau will be on the outs for sure now from what is said. I'm guessing that one of Pantemis or Beaulieu will go to Ottawa.

Would either beat out Irving?  

Maybe moves are coming but so far it reminds me of last year and the offseason when NDS was manager. I come on this forum looking for some news and new signings and all that it contains is news about the moves being made by the other two Canadian teams that were better than us and for the Impact nothing interesting or promising.

54 minutes ago, Rheo said:

On the face of it not a very impressive signing. 31 year old career League 2 player who played 6 games in the Belgian top tier. For much of his time in Ligue 2 he was not a starter and is currently not a starter. At 31 he has only 3 years of being a starter. I hope Garde knows what he is doing and is finding an under rated guy because we need better than a veteran Ligue 2 sometimes starter. We brought in guys like this in our NASL days and not all of them were all that great even at NASL level. Not feeling positive about the upcoming season.

Better resume then Camara in the few years before joining, if he joins. And Camara was good for Montreal in mls. Diallo was a starter last 3 of 5 seasons in d2 and Camara wasn't even close to becoming a sure starter in d2 and on a weak team

On 2018-01-12 at 10:06 AM, Chad_Impact said:

Ballou looks like he's going to be sold as well. Meanwhile Atlanta just sealed Barco for 15 Million...

The type of players were linked with (besdies Taider) is not encouraging. I really fear were going to become a budget team

By budget you mean USL team? Or main sponsor? Or both???

6CC87563-19DC-4611-9A82-20A64395064E.jpeg

Hopefully the amount of player departures and lack of signing notable players won’t give Don Garber and Joey Saputo the reason to waive their finger and blame the fans for not filling up the stadium like they did last year in May. This just like 2016 offseason is another example of the brass ineptitude and the fans are not to blame. Just saying. #jemesouviens

EBD299D4-B7C5-4819-8FD1-97289B1B7BC5.jpeg

5 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Hopefully the amount of player departures and lack of signing notable players won’t give Don Garber and Joey Saputo the reason to waive their finger and blame the fans for not filling up the stadium like they did last year in May. This just like 2016 offseason is another example of the brass ineptitude and the fans are not to blame. Just saying. #jemesouviens

EBD299D4-B7C5-4819-8FD1-97289B1B7BC5.jpeg

UH-Oh... What is this supposed to mean?.... Sell the team or have it relocated should it continue to happen for more years a la Columbus Crew type of thing? .... If so I'm smh, but fortunately worst come to worst CANPL will be running to offer them a space, lmao

some good news for us.  this team needs about 5 more signings and 3 of them have to be at Piatti quality for us to have a chance.

big name central defence

big name holding mid

big forward

rest of signings have to be pieces which fit.

14 minutes ago, Ruud said:

some good news for us.  this team needs about 5 more signings and 3 of them have to be at Piatti quality for us to have a chance.

big name central defence

big name holding mid

big forward

rest of signings have to be pieces which fit.

Let me do a bit of fortune telling. Montreal will not have 3 new signings at Piatti's level this year. They still could put together a decent team.

3 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Let me do a bit of fortune telling. Montreal will not have 3 new signings at Piatti's level this year. They still could put together a decent team.

If we pull off Taider, I think that would be a pretty big signing. He's hit a rut at Bologna but has some real talent. He has quite the resume for a 25 year old.  

Archived