Impact offseason 2017-18

Blackdude

Now that we have an official confirmation of players in and out, we have the players for next year.

IN: Thomas Meilleur-Giguère, James Pantemis, Raheem Edwards, Jukka Raitala, Jason Beaulieu, Clément Diop, Michael Petrasso, Zakaria Diallo, Saphir Taïder, Jeisson Vargas

OUT: Patrice Bernier, Hernan Bernardello, Ambroise Oyongo, Hassoun Camara, Shaun Francis, Andrés Romero, Laurent Ciman, Blerim Dzemaili, Deian Boldor, Wandrille Lefèvre, Maxime Crépeau, Ballou Tabla, Nick DePuy (loan)

Draft pick: Ken Krolicki (MF)

Academy players training with the first team: Daniel Kinumbe (DF) Clément Bahiya (MF) Mathieu Choinière (MF) Gabriel Balbinotti (FW)

Roster right now (25):
GK (4): Bush, Pantemis, Beaulieu, Diop
DF (8):  Cabrera,  Fisher, Lovitz, Meilleur-Giguère, Raitala, Duvall, Petrasso, Diallo
MF (10) :  Béland-Goyette, Donadel, Piette, Shome, Piatti,, D. Choinière, Salazar, Edwards, Taider, Vargas
FW (3): Jackson-Hamel, Mancosu, Oduro, 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Since we don'T know what is the full roster. I'll post from what we know. I only put players I fully know are staying and am waiting until something concrete. For the players on the outs, it's according to the year end press conference. 

IN: Thomas Meilleur-Giguère, James Pantemis

OUT: Patrice Bernier, Hernan Bernardello, Ambroise Oyongo

STAYING: Anthony Jackson-Hamel, Ignacio Piatti

By in, do you mean they have signed MLS deals? Or will they be in Ottawa?

There's a lot of talk on twitter about Garde's time at Lyon with Clément Grenier. People are wondering if Garde will try to bring him to Montreal. Grenier  used to be one of the top talents in France before injuries slowed him down, a move to Montreal with the coach he thrived under could be a good move. 

Also, this is cool: 

8 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yeah I could see Lefevre getting let go, better for both parties really. 

Funny I thought the arrival of Garde have the opposite effect and a life line for his career considering the French connection. Guess we will have to see. 

8 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

He never really lit the pitch up in Ottawa either. He flashes his credentials as an accountant more than as a soccer player. I think if he is cut, it may be the end of his playing career. :( 

That's a bit silly to say given that he only made two appearances. He did just fine, especially for a player who had just joined a new team. He'd be a perfectly good signing for Ottawa.

And don't forget, he has a French passport so he could easily get a shot somewhere in Europe if he wanted to. So unless he wants to retire for personal reasons, there's really no reason to expect him to.

14 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I'll be the first to throw Ashtone Morgan's name out there, not that I think for a second he will end up in Montreal.

Also, apparently the Impact are looking for a new #1 keeper in Europe. Guessing Bush is on his way out, and Crepeau won't be trusted with a heavier role next year.

Question. Does Bush have Canadian citizenship? He's lived in Canada for almost seven years now and wasn't capped at youth levels by the US.

Just now, harrycoyster said:

Question. Does Bush have Canadian citizenship? He's lived in Canada for almost seven years now and wasn't capped at youth levels by the US.

No, and he doesn't want citizenship. He is an American, and very proud of being from Ohio, where he wants to live. His GF is still there. He probably wants to play in the Crew or Cincy teams.  

27 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

No, and he doesn't want citizenship. He is an American, and very proud of being from Ohio, where he wants to live. His GF is still there. He probably wants to play in the Crew or Cincy teams.  

I agree with the statement about him not wanting Canadian citizenship. However, he is married and he and his wife and two kids live in Montreal. I think Evan is happy in Montreal but that might change if he gets replaced as a starter. He wouldn't start for the Crew but maybe an expansion LAFC side or like you said Cincy.

On 2017-11-17 at 3:22 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Would like to see him in the CPL

Would have liked to see him fight for a backup spot during the preseason. Seems like he regressed during his time with Ottawa, another sign scrapping FC MTL was bad for player development. 

CPL needs to start ASAP so that young players like him can keep playing and not have to wait in the wilderness until it does.

I hope the Impact will still try to resign Camara. He was making way too much money but he is still a good depth, sometimes starter player if his salary is commensurate with that role. I am fine with the other cuts though there are a few guys under contract who I wish were not.

7 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I hope the Impact will still try to resign Camara. He was making way too much money but he is still a good depth, sometimes starter player if his salary is commensurate with that role. I am fine with the other cuts though there are a few guys under contract who I wish were not.

I think he's retiring 

Archived