Impact offseason 2017-18

Blackdude

As for Ciman I feel it to be another pussy foot move by the Impact. They seem to do that pretty well in screwing with their fans and the treatment of their players. Hence why I said on another discussion that Saputo has to stop this crap and get pros not bros in the FO. Their Human Resources skills are atrocious.

As for Lolo I really feel bad for him on the outside the game standpoint. However his play on the field was subpar at times. He was reliable at times but not consistent and was guilty of some plays and was never quick to point out his flaws but always yelled at others when they messed up. I believe Ciman does have good qualities but he was hampered w injury and having to play w jabrone like Boldor and inexperienced Fischer. Lovitz wasn't great either.

I felt this year, just the same for Mancosu, he would've bounced back. He would've had a better season w the WC around the corner and Rémi Garde at the helm and I was looking forward to that. Guess Impact not into giving anymore chances and all for low blows and cold hearts. We will see if the Impact are capable of defending crosses in the box. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at it the opposite Moldy.  Joey and the front office are going to upgrade Ciman and Mancouso, or at least try with all that TAM money.  AJH might get the bulk of Mancouso's minutes (yippee) and they'll bring in a new CB as Ciman was not near the player this last year he was before.  Fans will get over it if they bring in guys that will play well and win games.  

Its not show friends its show business.  Its the offseason, Ciman (or Edwards for tht matter) is a professional and should know that moves would be made.  Edwards was going nowhere with TFC, so it will be good for him to goto a new city, new coaches etc and take his game up to the  next level.  With these young CDN in montreal they might just be my new favorite team.  

Players peak years are from 26-29, Montreal's big problem in the last few years has been that they are too damn old. It's a really smart move to sell high when someone is starting to decline, and Ciman is definitely on the downward slope, not to mention he's constantly bitching about something to the media.

Does anyone believe De Santis and Braz can get jobs anywhere else. I say no. They never really spent anytime anywhere in a top league. Pure amateurs but great yes men for Joey. I am hoping TFC winning will smarten him up but I have my doubts. I used to be a season ticket holder since a year before the Impact joined MLS. I did not renew in 2017 as it was obvious the team sucked. I have no confidence that captain Saputo of the good ship IMF can get out of the harbor. All I want is to see a competitive team which can only happen by having a good front office. Unless Garde has good support and bars De Santis from entering the locker room and training field  like he did last year and previous years nothing will change. A fulltime scout is needed.

Language should never be a consideration in soccer, fans want good players over language, I do not ever listen to BS interviews, I look at performance.

40 minutes ago, Yohan said:

And he is really, really bad. 

Only reason he got selected is that he's French.

He's the most hot and cold keeper I've ever seen. The talent is there, but everything surrounding his physical ability is a train wreck. No command of his box, unsteady hands, bad decision making, etc....but he also played behind the worst MLS defense I've ever seen. If Garde can "fix" him, he could be a 10 year starter in this league. A lot of fix, though. 

On 11/27/2017 at 10:43 PM, Moldy9 said:

I think you'll need to add Blerim Dzemaili to the "Limbo" list. Seems like him and the Euro 2016 fan of the tournament, wife Erjona Sulejmani, are on the splits. According to media Blerim is considering to stay at Bologna. 

Meh... if she's a crazy vindictive woman he's probably better off going far away from her as possible, making Montreal a safe haven. More to follow on this. 

Blerim says he won't allow her to use his last name. Good luck w that dude.

I wonder if this has something to do w the book she's coming out with revealing all the dirty on the soccer world and how most players prefer to masturbate rather than have sex before big games  ay caramba  

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/blerim-dzemaili-erjona-sulejmani-ugly-split-euro-2016s-top-fan/

IMG_6084.JPG

what have I been missing.....

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I really hope Zachary doesn't go to Montreal. He should stay at Lyon fight for playing time, develop and get better. If he goes anywhere I hope he gets loaned out somewhere good in Europe. 

He could be the answer to our RB problem ! 

Me too, but there must be a reason they're sending him here

3 days into the transfer window being open and nothing happening with the Impact FO while other MLS clubs have been busy thus far. With all the hype with the new coaching staff and players having retired or released I was expecting some action. 

Blerim Dzemaili is asking not to be sent to Montreal and remain in Bologna dealing with his divorce and child custody battle after his wife came out with a book and tv interview on Le Capitane on Spike Italy (like hockey housewives) stating footballers aren’t great lovers, whatever that’s supposed to mean. 

Although a talent he does have quite an attitude which I feel can be toxic and counter productive to what he brings on the field. Better he stay there and fight his battle. 

Archived