Impact offseason 2017-18

Blackdude

I think you'll need to add Blerim Dzemaili to the "Limbo" list. Seems like him and the Euro 2016 fan of the tournament, wife Erjona Sulejmani, are on the splits. According to media Blerim is considering to stay at Bologna. 

Meh... if she's a crazy vindictive woman he's probably better off going far away from her as possible, making Montreal a safe haven. More to follow on this. 

Blerim says he won't allow her to use his last name. Good luck w that dude.

I wonder if this has something to do w the book she's coming out with revealing all the dirty on the soccer world and how most players prefer to masturbate rather than have sex before big games  ay caramba  

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/blerim-dzemaili-erjona-sulejmani-ugly-split-euro-2016s-top-fan/

IMG_6084.JPG

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camara confirmed today that he is retiring. Sad because he was so dedicated to IMFC but his body just couldn't keep up this year.

I wouldn't be opposed to Dzemaili leaving permanently if someone of a similar caliber was brought in to replace him. Him going to the world cup with Switzerland means he could likely miss two months in the summer. That is a problem since MLS isn't on break for the entire time.

35 minutes ago, badname22 said:

When will the full list of roster changes be released?

Happened like two weeks ago. 

Options picked up:

-Evan Bush, Kyle Fisher, Daniel Lovitz, David Choinière, Michael Salazar, Nick DePuy.

Options declined:

-Shaun Francis, Andrés Romero, Eric Kronberg, Hassoun Camara, Hernán Bernardello.

In contract discussions:

- Chris Duvall, Shaun Francis and Ambroise Oyongo.

5 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Happened like two weeks ago. 

Options picked up:

-Evan Bush, Kyle Fisher, Daniel Lovitz, David Choinière, Michael Salazar, Nick DePuy.

Options declined:

-Shaun Francis, Andrés Romero, Eric Kronberg, Hassoun Camara, Hernán Bernardello.

In contract discussions:

- Chris Duvall, Shaun Francis and Ambroise Oyongo.

Pretty sure Francis is out. Oyongo too he's going to sign at Montpellier in January. 

We definitely need a better CB to put beside Ciman. Why does the Impact seem to only look at Argentine players though? There are some good players there but they are also heavily scouted by other countries and not the best place to find cheap but good players. With the large Chilean community in  Montreal one might think they would look there sometimes.

On 2017-12-03 at 10:51 PM, Grizzly said:

We definitely need a better CB to put beside Ciman. Why does the Impact seem to only look at Argentine players though? There are some good players there but they are also heavily scouted by other countries and not the best place to find cheap but good players. With the large Chilean community in  Montreal one might think they would look there sometimes.

Not sure why either. Seems they really do have a love affair with the country. I think that market has already been exploited, and I agree, they should look to other places to diversify and find hidden gems. 

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/12/10/limpact-devoile-sa-liste-de-joueurs-proteges

the Impact have released their list of 11 protected players for the upcoming LAFC player draft. 

Protected:

GK Evan Bush, defenders Victor Cabrera, Laurent Ciman, Chris Duvall, Kyle Fisher, Daniel Lovitz and Ambroise Oyongo (protect rights, left for Montpellier), and midfielders Blerim Dzemaili, Marco Donadel, Ignacio Piatti et Samuel Piette.

Not Protected:

Deian Boldor, Matteo Mancosu, Nick DePuy, Wandrille Lefèvre, Dominic Oduro and Michael Salazar.

17 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Ciman is going on a Twitter rampage. Retweeting tweets calling the Impact front office "amateurs" and "dummies". Calling out his ex-teammates for their poor play. 

Yeah, the #IMFC hashtag on twitter is pretty crazy right now. I like the move, but apparently, quite a few fans think Ciman has been the same player since his MVP winning season. <_<

Well why would his twitter be any different from his play?  Ciman spent alot of time last year pointing and yelling at his teammates after a goal was scored against them.  I really think some of the european guys dont really get the concept of trades.  Getting dumped to another MLS team and having to pack up without being consulted is part of playing over here.  

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

I'm sad to see Ciman go, but I like this move. Ciman's game had dropped off drastically. He was running all over the place some games.  

Exactly, he fit in nicely in Quebec and his daughter was benefiting as well. But on the field, he really dropped off from 2015 and looked a negative influence at time even.

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Ciman is going on a Twitter rampage. Retweeting tweets calling the Impact front office "amateurs" and "dummies". Calling out his ex-teammates for their poor play. 

Something he as done in the past as well. I remember one game he had to apologize for something he retweeted about a teammate.

I'm excited to see what moves Garde makes to sure up the back line. There are currently 3 possible LBs with Lovitz, Raitala and Edwards on the roster. It's possible they see Edwards as more of a winger and maybe even think Raitala can play RB. All we know is that there are many more changes to come.

Also it wouldn't surprise me to see Edwards moved. 

To be fair, as Bison44 says, it is part of the deal. It is raw, not fair, but everyone knows it is the system in North America. I personally hate it because I think it flies in the face of what a contract is and is a labour practice no one in any other sector of the economy is subject to.

And fair to him, I see his wife is tweeting very elegantly and graciously.

I still think he is potentially one of the top defenders in MLS, he just needs to be on the right team, because, let's face it: he is the highest level player from MLS in the World Cup based on national team ranking.

13 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Piette, Jackson-Hamel, Ballou, Crepau, Choiniere, Meilleur-Giguere, Pantemis, Shome and now Edwards. Quite the base of promising young Canadian talent. I'm really excited to see what Garde can do with them.

No kidding?.... Hopefully he develops them properly, so that can translate to positive contribution at the international level, which is highly needed to reach heavyweight status within the region

8 minutes ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

I feel bad for Raheem 

I agree 100 %... Especially considering that up until yesterday, he was under all the euphoria/frenzy of the whole championship that was won  and celebrating it out there with the loyals in the community, not to mention his teammates and now finds out he will not continue being part of this core due to this whole trade s***t... A good hometown prospect indeed who could have at a future time be an important contributor to the team a la Osorio

Archived