hah hah USA Eliminated from WC

beachesl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be OK with this if it wasn't because of two blatant fixes from the other games.  We so easily forget that Mexico let Honduras tie them on the final game to eliminate Canada in the previous round.  They need to get rid of the Hex and go to a more head-to-head format that can eliminate the match fixing.

LOL sad performance from the USMNT...maybe this is the wake up call thats needed....after the Centenario they should have cycled in more young guys and they just went with a lot of retreads and it bit them in the ass...every kid from the U-23's and U-17's should be getting serious looks in camp soon....Pulisic, Wood, Yedlin, Nagbe (maybe), Altidore (maybe) are the only ones on this squad who should stay for them..the rest need to go it's time..

The soccer haters in North America are loving this, can’t wait for all the soccer hating writers to come out and hate . If your a soccer fan here in Canada this is not good for both countries and the popularity of soccer in North America, ya I know many on here will disagree but our countries are so connected like no other two countries in the world.

Anyone who has interest in US Soccer should have a cow...US Soccer needs more guys like Twellman who care.......the attitude of entitlement reeks...Arena made no lineup changes..they looked lazy and lethargic all night...He starts Gonzalez and sits an EPL guy in Cameron...unreal lol 

I still do not understand how the US is ranked #28. I know the rankings are sort of bogus, but come on. I do not hate the Yanks, but I DO feel they are way over rated. 

Big question: Is Costa Rica the bona fide #2 power in CONCACAF? I mean, could one make the argument that they have been #2 in the region for at least the last two or three years?  

And as much as I detest Honduras, I still want them to beat the Aussies, if only because it reflects best for our region.  

Makes one wonder if we'd have seen a significantly different result for the US had Arena been the boss from the outset. Still, a loss at home to Costa Rica and a loss to T&T when a tie would have sufficed, all fell during Bruce's tenure. Still.

Maybe the US needs its own domestic league. (And what does any of this mean for the rest of the gringos in this region. No USA, Canada, Jamaica going to Russian. I blame the language. We do not need the CPL--we need Spanish-language teachers.)

1 minute ago, The Beaver said:

I still do not understand how the US is ranked #28. I know the rankings are sort of bogus, but come on. I do not hate the Yanks, but I DO feel they are way over rated. 

Big question: Is Costa Rica the bona fide #2 power in CONCACAF? I mean, could one make the argument that they have been #2 in the region for at least the last two or three years?  

Some will say yes because of this and 2014 but the answer is no. They're not bona fide as #2. 

It will be nice to not have to hear about the whole Trump-Russia stuff for the entirety of next summer. They clearly rode their old horses too long. As for being overrated they finished first in the last WCQ cycle and won the last Gold Cup so I don't know who has done a lot better in CONCACAF recently.

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

I'd be OK with this if it wasn't because of two blatant fixes from the other games.  We so easily forget that Mexico let Honduras tie them on the final game to eliminate Canada in the previous round.  They need to get rid of the Hex and go to a more head-to-head format that can eliminate the match fixing.

Hardly fixes.  Panama drew at home to Costa Rica, and so beating them at home is hardly unbelievable.  And frankly, both Costa Rica and Mexico had advanced already, so that is a right that they have, to field a weakened squad.  And if it wasn't a weakened squad, then they earn the right to take a night off because they did the job earlier.  Same for Mexico vs. Honduras in WCQ.

Archived