hah hah USA Eliminated from WC

beachesl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

Canada used to be better than USA  from the 70's to the late 80's....will the cycle repeat again?

yes. They aren't as invincible as some people on these boards think they are. Hoping the Hex finally opened some eyes

15 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Sniff, sniff, (wiping eyes)...sounds like you are describing our 2000 Gold Cup team.  If we did it then, and Panama is doing now, why not us??  

Man that was 17 years ago. You know 4 World Cup cycles ago. Proud of our past achievements but lets not rest on our laurels (as meagre as they are, 1986 & 2000)

2 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Fairly honest assessment on his way out the door. A perfect storm to make them pay for not putting it away earlier in qualification. Hey, Bruce buddy, at least you didn't lose 8-1 ....  :(

18 hours ago, TRM said:

Fairly honest assessment on his way out the door. A perfect storm to make them pay for not putting it away earlier in qualification. Hey, Bruce buddy, at least you didn't lose 8-1 ....  :(

Another thing that i liked about what he said:.

Asked about the USSF’s role in player development, he said: “Why do people think U.S. Soccer is in charge of player development? Players play in clubs. Why is that U.S. Soccer’s responsibility? They support the clubs in this country, they support player development, but that’s not their responsibility.”

At times, we read the same thing here on this forum about Canada and CSA (ie.: people thinking that the CSA is responsible for player development)

Hope it cures some people on this board who keep thinking the US are much better than they truly are.

Watching our game against Costa Rica, we certainly played way better than the US did the Hex. It was frustrating to watch knowing we could have done better.

2022 looks even better for us with the US either being in denial and make next to no change or start from scratch.

On 16/10/2017 at 10:29 PM, dsqpr said:

The reason people think the US have been good for the last 20 years or so is because their results say so. They are obviously not that good right now but that is just the ebb and flow of football. They will be back soon enough.

They will be but they will need to get a phenom for keeper to replace the one that's leaving. With him in his prime they were capable of beating some of the best in the world but without him they are just another average team in concacaff. 

PS. I think Messi has forgotten more soccer knowledge than Rongen will ever have. 

Since 1996 the US has had either Keller, Freidel or Howard in net when it counted most. That's an average to above-average keeper in one of the top Euro leagues bailing out a decent backline. Plus for over a decade they had Landon Donovan providing a clutch, dynamic attacking presence to compliment a solid defensive structure. Now they are stripped of their two strengths at the same time and it showed. 

The good news for Canada is that all we need is a similar recipe for success. Get a killer keeper, develop a few competent defenders and find a guy who can take over a game and score. Shouldn't be too hard LOL.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:52 PM, matty said:

*Canada sits quietly reading the newspaper and sipping tea*

Canada: What a lovely evening

*There's a knock at the door*

Canada: I wonder who that could be?

*Canada answers the door and USA and Chile enter the room both drunk and upset*

USA: Canada I'm sad

Canada: I heard what happened are you ok?

USA: Oh I'm better than ok. I'm godlike

Chile: I don't give a fuck!

USA: Chile calm down you're intoxicat

Canada: Are you sure you guys are ok?

Chile: Yea motherfucker! You wanna go!

USA: Calm down you drank asshol. Canada?

Canada: Yes?

USA: Me and Chile decided the World Cup is for lame. Bunch of old unAmericans or something

Canada: USA! That's not very nice. In fact it's xenophobic

Chile: I don't give a fuck!

USA: Canada Canada let me finish. We me and Chile hav decided we're not doing the World Cup next year.

Canada: You mean you didn't make it?

USA: We decided we doing the Intercontinental Championship. Get it? Like the Miz has

Canada: You mean the Calgary Kid

USA: Shut up about....we want you in our Miz Championship. Paraguay will be there and Mexico

Canada: Mexico is in the World Cup

USA: Shhhh Shhhh don't you worry about the

Canada: Are you sure you're ok?

Chile: Fuck you say?

*Jamaica shows up sober*

Jamaica: So is Canada in or not? I need a crowd to play in front of

USA: Canada your hosting

Canada: Huh?

*USA grabs Canada's arm*

USA: You good hosting?

*Canada struggles to get free*

Canada: You're....hurting....me

I fucking called it* https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017/11/14/16652530/usa-soccer-world-cup-nit-netherlands-italy-chile

*at least 75% of it

11 minutes ago, matty said:

O% chance happening.

If it does, it will be unsanctioned by FIFA which in terms means no stars would show up and risk injuries before their club seasons.

If FIFA ever saw the merits of a "Europa League" type of World Cup, they'd do it themselves. There's money to be made in running another bidding process after all. Why on earth would they want to deal with SUM? It's greedy FIFA after all 

Just now, Ansem said:

O% chance happening.

If it does, it will be unsanctioned by FIFA which in terms means no stars would show up and risk injuries before their club seasons.

If FIFA ever saw the merits of a "Europa League" type of World Cup, they'd do it themselves. There's money to be made in running another bidding process after all. Why on earth would they want to deal with SUM? It's greedy FIFA after all 

I don't think it would be unsanctioned but I don't see it happening during the World Cup. Maybe a month prior.

BTW if the US does this shit and doesn't invite Canada we should leave f;aming bags of poop at MLS's Canadian office door. Like this is lame but we should be in it

Archived