hah hah USA Eliminated from WC

beachesl

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

I'd be OK with this if it wasn't because of two blatant fixes from the other games.  We so easily forget that Mexico let Honduras tie them on the final game to eliminate Canada in the previous round.  They need to get rid of the Hex and go to a more head-to-head format that can eliminate the match fixing.

I too thought it was a little fishy how Mexico and Honduras always play each other at the end and H gets a result. Then I thought about how all those arrogant Americans will lose so much money not being in Russia and it became an afterthought. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I hope we dont see some sort of back lash in MLS. How can the league be worse for canadians?  Not that MLS really cared about developing soccer in Canada.  

1.  American failure has little to to with Canadian soccer.

2.  MLS is an American league.  They have no more obligation to Canadian soccer than the English Premier League has to Welsh soccer.

*Canada sits quietly reading the newspaper and sipping tea*

Canada: What a lovely evening

*There's a knock at the door*

Canada: I wonder who that could be?

*Canada answers the door and USA and Chile enter the room both drunk and upset*

USA: Canada I'm sad

Canada: I heard what happened are you ok?

USA: Oh I'm better than ok. I'm godlike

Chile: I don't give a fuck!

USA: Chile calm down you're intoxicat

Canada: Are you sure you guys are ok?

Chile: Yea motherfucker! You wanna go!

USA: Calm down you drank asshol. Canada?

Canada: Yes?

USA: Me and Chile decided the World Cup is for lame. Bunch of old unAmericans or something

Canada: USA! That's not very nice. In fact it's xenophobic

Chile: I don't give a fuck!

USA: Canada Canada let me finish. We me and Chile hav decided we're not doing the World Cup next year.

Canada: You mean you didn't make it?

USA: We decided we doing the Intercontinental Championship. Get it? Like the Miz has

Canada: You mean the Calgary Kid

USA: Shut up about....we want you in our Miz Championship. Paraguay will be there and Mexico

Canada: Mexico is in the World Cup

USA: Shhhh Shhhh don't you worry about the

Canada: Are you sure you're ok?

Chile: Fuck you say?

*Jamaica shows up sober*

Jamaica: So is Canada in or not? I need a crowd to play in front of

USA: Canada your hosting

Canada: Huh?

*USA grabs Canada's arm*

USA: You good hosting?

*Canada struggles to get free*

Canada: You're....hurting....me

5:20 mark

The reason the US are in this is not because of Bruce Arena, Klinsmann, it's because the US are not a very good team. They get the odd good results but they are not a very good team.

3:48

But they're not a good team! :D

The USMNT are indeed an "old team"

16 minutes ago, Ansem said:

F'N told you for months. They are NOT a very good team. Overrated, over-hyped. They peaked in 2014 and Pulisic is great but can't save them on his old

TBF to the USA.....Arena is the one who fucked it. Something wasn't working with the talent under Klinsmann and Arena didn't seem to take those issues seriously (similar sort of to Floro post Gold Cup 2015). The US has A LOT of talent but something was off this cycle and the guys at the top didn't work on what was off.

The USSF needs to take a good long look at itself after this.

16 minutes ago, matty said:

TBF to the USA.....Arena is the one who fucked it. Something wasn't working with the talent under Klinsmann and Arena didn't seem to take those issues seriously (similar sort of to Floro post Gold Cup 2015). The US has A LOT of talent but something was off this cycle and the guys at the top didn't work on what was off.

The USSF needs to take a good long look at itself after this.

Take a look at their roster in tonight's game. I'd be shock if the average age is below 30 years old.

Seems they have a development problem like we do.

That team is overrated.

Just now, Ansem said:

Take a look at their roster in tonight's game. I'd be shock if the average age is below 30 years old.

Seems they have a development problem like we do.

That team is overrated.

They do especially in goal. I don't think it's right to call them overrated (7 straight World Cups and 6 Gold Cups including the most recent count for something) but feel they have problem letting go of the old guard and other strong nations have figured out what their current tactics. I don't think they need to blow everything up but it looks like it's time to change the coaching approach and seriously insert some new blood into the regular roster.

7 minutes ago, matty said:

They do especially in goal. I don't think it's right to call them overrated (7 straight World Cups and 6 Gold Cups including the most recent count for something) but feel they have problem letting go of the old guard and other strong nations have figured out what their current tactics. I don't think they need to blow everything up but it looks like it's time to change the coaching approach and seriously insert some new blood into the regular roster.

They did great in the past but can we please look at the present. As of recently, they aren't that good of a team and were indeed overrated.

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Is this the end of it after panamas no goal?  In Africa this year a match was ordered replayed due to a penalty call in errror.. I'd argue that non goal was far worse.  How do we never get breaks like that? 

We're Canadian

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Huge and unacceptable failure given their depth of talent. 

Organization and determination trumps star talent that is complacent, poorly organized and motivated. Like to think we always have a chance with this. 

Average age of that team was around 30 years old. They were most of them veterans past their primes and Pulisic can't carry that team on his own

8 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

I too thought it was a little fishy how Mexico and Honduras always play each other at the end and H gets a result. Then I thought about how all those arrogant Americans will lose so much money not being in Russia and it became an afterthought. 

I would rather have that money go to the Americans, where it doesn't make a difference to us. 

Millions in the coffers of Honduras or Panama does.

20 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Is this the end of it after panamas no goal?  In Africa this year a match was ordered replayed due to a penalty call in errror.. I'd argue that non goal was far worse.  How do we never get breaks like that? 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happens - there's a lot of money at stake here.

55 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Average age of that team was around 30 years old. They were most of them veterans past their primes and Pulisic can't carry that team on his own

Didn't realise how much of that team was also just mls based. Our best squad isn't that far behind at all. 

Also in sort of unrelated news: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41579670  

Wouldn't do that here lol. 

56 minutes ago, admin said:

I would rather have that money go to the Americans, where it doesn't make a difference to us. 

Millions in the coffers of Honduras or Panama does.

Coffers or pockets? :) 

Anyways I think it's worth it to see Uncle Sam take an ego hit. 

32 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Didn't realise how much of that team was also just mls based. Our best squad isn't that far behind at all. 

Also in sort of unrelated news: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41579670  

Wouldn't do that here lol. 

I don't believe were that far behind post Gold Cup. We just need more depth which is our biggest problem. CPL will certainly help in the long run but our A team didn't play as bad (during the Gold Cup) as the US did in the Hex, that I'm 100% sure of that.

When you look at that Hex, we definately belonged there

Archived