Impact 2017 Season.

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jonovision said:

An aging Italian was probably Montreal's best ever signing until Piatti.

Different context : 
- Di Vaio was super fit. Had just played a full Serie A season, and was still a very potent attacking threat at the top level. Gilardino (if he signs), won't have played football for a whole year, and is clearly on the wane physically. 

- MLS has evolved. I know its just been 5 years, but MLS marquee signings are closer to their prime now (either as young promising players, or top level players that arent totally washed up). In that sense, Gilardino would definetly be a step back for the Impact. Or I should say, it would be more of the same. But with MLS constantly evolving, stagnation is a relative step backwards in comparison to the rest of the league. 

Better be a shake up for next year. If they keep it status quo with the front office kicking their heels up on the desk things can get worse. Mancosu and Oduro were complete duds this year. And yeah I think the lack of an experienced coaching staff did the team in. Definitely did not get the most of the potential out of the squad I find. A coach with a little more time in and credibility could've been able to squeeze a little bit more juice out of this orange. Although I like Mauro and all he's done for the club and city I think it's time he steps aside. Biellout. 

Now Nick De Santis the "Vice President of International Relations" (whatever that means) came out of his hole to say it was shameful how the players played. Seriously I think some of the blame is on him and the coaching staff. Apparently the players and Nacho were not too receptive and in disagreement. 

Seriously NDS just shut the f up and just continue doing what you do collecting pay cheques and trips to Argentina while filling yourself w asado and Malbec.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/09/18/vous-devriez-avoir-honte---nick-de-santis

2 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Now Nick De Santis the "Vice President of International Relations" (whatever that means) came out of his hole to say it was shameful how the players played. Seriously I think some of the blame is on him and the coaching staff. Apparently the players and Nacho were not too receptive and in disagreement. 

Seriously NDS just shut the f up and just continue doing what you do collecting pay cheques and trips to Argentina while filling yourself w asado and Malbec.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/09/18/vous-devriez-avoir-honte---nick-de-santis

Actually it would be better if NDS stopped doing what he does, ie. running and destroying the team. I wish Joey would sell the team to someone who would run it properly

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Actually it would be better if NDS stopped doing what he does, ie. running and destroying the team. I wish Joey would sell the team to someone who would run it properly

This just in. NDS released by Impact. Picked up to manage a Canadian Under 21 team. 

IMG_5829.JPG

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Saw the MLS preview for TFC versus Impact tomorrow, and they had Tabla projected to start. 

I haven't followed Montreal too closely lately, but Tabla hasn't been playing much, or at least I thought?

Do you guys expect him to start or play a big role?

His playing time dropped off after he tried to force a move to Europe

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Hope that doesn't happen. Biello and some stability has been good for the club. 

???? We are a terrible team that will likely not make the playoffs and would probably be in last place if it was not for Piatti so how has Biello been good for the club? It might not be totally his fault, one suspects Joey and NDS are running the team as usual but he was also woefully under-qualified for the job when he was hired with no first team coaching experience at all. Not sure Nesta would be the right solution but at least he is a big name in the soccer world so might be able to run things and resist the interference of Joey/NDS. 

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

???? We are a terrible team that will likely not make the playoffs and would probably be in last place if it was not for Piatti so how has Biello been good for the club? It might not be totally his fault, one suspects Joey and NDS are running the team as usual but he was also woefully under-qualified for the job when he was hired with no first team coaching experience at all. Not sure Nesta would be the right solution but at least he is a big name in the soccer world so might be able to run things and resist the interference of Joey/NDS. 

Bare in mind this opinion is coming from someone with an outside perspective, and perhaps I don't follow the team in the same way that a true fan would, but nonetheless I do have an opinion and that opinion is the Impact are a difficult team with an identity and a way of playing that gets them results. Obviously they aren't there at the moment, but I don't think the solution is to tear it down by changing the coach.

I think the stability Montreal has had since Biello took over has been a good thing, and if you look at the last 3 years I think the club has been competitive. 2015 made the playoffs and got to the second round, that's a pretty successful season, better than average. Then last year, 2016, made it a step further to the eastern conference final, narrowly losing no less. Very successful season if you ask me.

Now this year, no playoffs most likely, but it's not like they were never in the race and I think they'll battle to the end. However it shakes out in 2017, I think 2018 they'll be back in the mix as one of the league's premier counter attacking teams. 

I would hate to see Biello sacked as I fear another era of coaching merry-go-round that characterized the teams early days in the league. I don't want that for the Impact. If Biello lead them to playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years, he can do it again. I think he should get 1 more year and if he fails to make the playoffs again, then perhaps it's time to think about going in another direction. I don't want to see a knee jerk reaction to missing the playoffs for the 1st time in 3 years.

Archived