Impact 2017 Season.

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/6/2017 at 5:38 PM, Free kick said:

Interesting thing i noted about Jackson-Hamel.  He now has six goals in twelve games that he has played in.   With 468 minutes of playing time, his stat show that he averages 1.15 goals per 90 minutes of play.  Phenomenal strike rate. Second best in MLS behind Josef Martinez of Atlanta.

You forgot the other Canadian striker - tops of the list: Jordan Hamilton with 1.50 goals/ 90.

What's the deal w Mancosu? I think it's time the Italian love in w the Impact famiglia gets a reality check and stop playing him. Biello stop saying Mancosu took us into and far in the playoffs last year. 

That was LAST YEAR!!! He hasn't produced squat as of late. Time to play AJH. 

20 minutes ago, mtlfan said:

Piette puts in strong performance in Impact 3-0 win on Saturday vs the Union.

I liked how his passes with conviction and accuracy, defending is also impressive. 

Impact had 6 Canadians on roster and  3 saw action.

There is no doubt Montreal is Canada's team from a Canadian player content, with Orlando in a surprise second.

9 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

There is no doubt Montreal is Canada's team from a Canadian player content, with Orlando in a surprise second.

the11.ca has Orlando out in front and Montreal second but only if Tabla declares for Canada. If he goes for the Ivory Coast then they drop behind TFC to third. That was before this last weekend as he doesn't have the current week included yet.

Orlando City, 3586/23 (155.9)
Montreal, 2841/21 (135.3)

Toronto FC, 2730/23 (118.7)
Vancouver, 1352/21 (64.4)
FC Dallas, 1005/21 (47.9)
D.C. United, 90/23 (3.9)
Sporting Kansas City, 45/23 (2)
New England, 37/22 (2)
New York City FC, 2/23 (0.1)

9 hours ago, mtlfan said:

I liked how his passes with conviction and accuracy, defending is also impressive. 

Impact had 6 Canadians on roster and  3 saw action.

Playing in Spain has been known to improve one's passing (or you're gone). The fact that he survived there as long as he did is indication that he can pass and receive or he'd have been cut long ago.

That is sweet. Got Bernier's replacement just in time for him to move into coaching or management.

3-0 win over Chicago Fire. Really brilliant performance from Montreal. The combination play between Mancosu, Piatti, and Dzemaili was beautiful to watch, and Piette was immense in front of the back four once again. Choiniere was impressive off the bench as well. Disappointed that AJH didn't play, but with another game coming up on the weekend, it's safe to say that he'll get some minutes.

Mancosu will have Piatti on his Christmas list this year for allowing him to take the PK. Seriously Mancosu should've scored 4 goals tonight. Well last years Mancosu would've. At least tonight he was getting chances. Hopefully they'll start going in. 

Piette was strong again, Piatti was dominant and Mancosu played well for the first time in a long time. Mancosu should have scored more with all the chances but he was creating and playing hard which I have not seen for a while. It was right to let him take the penalty, he was the one the keeper took down so it was his goal and he needs the confidence boost. Cabrera since he has come back from injury has been a lot better than he was previously and has been an upgrade on Fisher. However, Fisher has been improving and it is possible that the competition from him and the arrival of Boldor has inspired Cabrera to take his play up a notch. Nice to see Beland-Goyette and Choiniere come on and do a good job. Choiniere still has a lot to learn but the raw talent is there.

Also interesting that Schweinsteiger played good for about 20 minutes but disappeared more and more as the game went on especially once they fell behind. I would have expected more leadership from him to get his team to play better. 

Glad to see Mancosu finally trying to play football again, but I was a bit shocked to not see Jackson Hamel out there. He didnt play at all on satuday, and with another game coming up next saturday, i thought Mancosu would be rested for the midweek game. WIth hindsight it seemed to be a good decision by Biello.

Overall, I have to say having Piette out there really helps out our posession AND counter attacking style. Possession : he is able to spread the ball pretty well for a DM. Counter attack : he's a lot more dynamic than Donadel, and wins more 50-50s. Therefore he wins more balls back, and starts more counters.

Apart from the team, have to say that the Ultras had a great outing as well yesterday. The stadium was rocking.  

So AJH scores a crucial game winner and then gets nailed to the bench for 2 games? Crazy.. I thought for sure he would have played against philly after coming off that game and the fact he scored 2 to get Montreal a result last outing there. 

38 minutes ago, Keegan said:

So AJH scores a crucial game winner and then gets nailed to the bench for 2 games? Crazy.. I thought for sure he would have played against philly after coming off that game and the fact he scored 2 to get Montreal a result last outing there. 

I can see why he didn't play last night as they were already up 3-0 by half time and wanted to give some of the kids some minutes, but I would have expected him to play against Philly.

It's very disappointing to see the best scoring forward on the bench in favour of an out of form Mancosu.

Piatti is the designated PK taker. Even though Mancosu got taken down in the box, which I'm certain he would've missed had he shot it and be 0/4 on break aways, it was Nacho's to gift away. 

Example. Last week Nacho took the penalty when Dzemaili was taken down. 

Mancosu IMO is still not out of the woods yet. Again he should've had at least a hat trick. 

44 minutes ago, Keegan said:

AJH seems to be the unfortunate victim of the IMFC /Italian /Bologna love in. It's partially trying to get life out of Mancosu so that his value doesn't plummet and the brass bias towards an Italian.

When Drogba wasn't at his form (and not as bad as Mancosu is now for that matter) and Mancosu started scoring a few goals the King got dethroned. Now you have a young local talent lighting it up and the Italian being a dud while being the highest paid player and he still gets more minutes than AJH?!

Another evidence that IMFC mismanages talent especially local talent. 

I made that same point earlier.. how can Drogba, a legend who carried Montreal in 2015 be benched so easily yet mancosu is immune to such treatment when he's been a complete dud.  At least drogba always had the potential to deliver something out of nowhere even when out of form.

10 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I made that same point earlier.. how can Drogba, a legend who carried Montreal in 2015 be benched so easily yet mancosu is immune to such treatment when he's been a complete dud.  At least drogba always had the potential to deliver something out of nowhere even when out of form.

Not only that Drogba made Saputo lots of $$$ w ticket and shirt sales. People paid and WANTED to see Drogba and it only took 4 goals to bench him. AJH is at 6 goals? and I'm sure less minutes than what Mancosu did last year. 

Can someone tell me what is going on with the Piatti talks? Seriously the man is one of the if not THE key piece to your team and they unable to extend his contract?!?!

Seriously Joey needs stop penny pinching or else he risks losing the all time leading scorer of the Impact 

23 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Can someone tell me what is going on with the Piatti talks? Seriously the man is one of the if not THE key piece to your team and they unable to extend his contract?!?!

Seriously Joey needs stop penny pinching or else he risks losing the all time leading scorer of the Impact 

I believe this matter will be settled sooner than later, Saputo will cough up whatever it takes I would say $2,500,000.

14 minutes ago, mtlfan said:

I believe this matter will be settled sooner than later, Saputo will cough up whatever it takes I would say $2,500,000.

I thought he was getting in the ~$700,000 range now...$2.5m seems like a massive jump.

Archived