Impact 2017 Season.

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like everything that was said at the press conference today. Interested to see how the training staff gets put together and excited to see the player recruitment for next year. Also sounds like he will take a hands-on approach with the academy which should only help the development of the players.

Do you guys like this choice or is he a bit "meh"? Cause I went through the Bio and was not sure he was that great, at Lyon he did not reach the potential of previous coaches, a strong team, and at Villa he was quite poor.

I know there are money limits, even with teams starting to pay more for coaches, but I am not sure he is the right guy. I mean, I would say a guy like Zambrano has a way more interesting profile than Garde, European league experience notwithstanding. 

I don't know. I'm certainly curious how he does. Meh would be John Smith, who played at the soccer hotbed Clemson, before being taken in the 8th round of the 1996 expansion draft by Miami Fusion, and racking up 200 pro appearances despite never once using his left foot. This describes pretty much every MLS manager other than PV and GM.

I'm excited. His time at Villa isn't a major red flag for me because the club as a whole is a mess. As for his time at Lyon, he came in when PSG started spending the big money yet still managed to win two trophies. His biggest asset seems to be the promotion of youth, which an academy and market with plenty of talent could benefit from. If things go well, I could see not just the Impact feeling the benefits, but also Canada's player pool.

Archived