Impact 2017 Season.

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see them grab an away point today in New York.

Not the best start to the season, but I am happy that Tabla has gotten minutes early in the year (none today though), as well as Jackson-Hamel, who came on late according to the match report.

Bernier has played every minute I believe and looked very good today in the limited amount of time I actually watched this match. 

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more. That ref was seriously out to lunch or on the LAX payroll for basically gifting their much need win giving a straight red to Donadel on Jermaine Jones Academy Award Performance crying like a little baby and he didn't even get hit hard! Jones is another dishonest player piece of trash. Tabla got checked hard from behind by Nathan Smith and not even a yellow. Dos Santos is found to dive in the box and asked a penalty and he doesn't even card him. 

Here is a link about the new improvements:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2017/04/10/significant-improvements-made-stade-saputo-experience

Looks like there will be a lot more space to move around. Lots of TV screens underneath the stands. Also maybe the biggest thing is there are a lot more spots to order food and it looks like you can order food on tablets kind of like a McDonalds.

On 2017-04-08 at 11:24 AM, Dub Narcotic said:

There's an interesting debate on reddit about this call. Some think Donadel threw an elbow into Jones' neck. 

The A-League used the video referee for the first time today to overturn a penalty non-call. MLS needs to roll this out next year.

I think I heard the VAR will be tested out after the All-Star game, during the second half of the season.

It has been a tough start for the Impact and it doesn't get any easier on saturday with Atlanta coming to town. The Impact play 5 of the next 7 at home if we can pick up 12-15 points out of the 21 available in that stretch I think I'd be happy. Not expecting a win this weekend but I am hoping for one.

3 hours ago, farrelld said:

Here is a link about the new improvements:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2017/04/10/significant-improvements-made-stade-saputo-experience

Looks like there will be a lot more space to move around. Lots of TV screens underneath the stands. Also maybe the biggest thing is there are a lot more spots to order food and it looks like you can order food on tablets kind of like a McDonalds.

So 3 million in improvements and they couldn't bother to improve the incredibly inadequate washroom facilities? I wonder how they even get licensed to operate a facility with that many people and so few washrooms.

9 hours ago, Grizzly said:

So 3 million in improvements and they couldn't bother to improve the incredibly inadequate washroom facilities? I wonder how they even get licensed to operate a facility with that many people and so few washrooms.

Washrooms are bad a Stade Saputo also? At BMO if I leave 5 minutes before half to go to the washroom and I still will not make it back in time for the start of the second half. It is ridiculous!

From what I read is they spent $3 million on esthetics under the stands on tvs, food concessions and the boutique increasing spacing. Wooptydoo. I know we can't say much about this stadium given that Saputo paid out of his pocket for it but honestly it looks somewhat dull and cheap. Definitely not one of those state of the art stadiums we are seeing come up in the league that impresses you. Just a bunch of stands thrown together. 

They could add a little more cosmetic touches to add to the ambiance like blue lighting under the plastic roof like many modern stadiums have. Just find Stade Saputo to be simple and bland which is inconsistent with the artistic imagination and creativity of Montreal. The Big O tower adds a lot to its charm but that's pretty much it. 

Cheeky goal by Jackson Hamel with the back heel saving Biello and the Impacts bacon late in the 93'. Seriously they need to sharpen their passes and finishing in the final third. They had a man up and I felt for a team playing at home w no wins they weren't playing with enough intensity or sense of urgency. 

Yes he was able to get the nice cross into Jackson Hamel for the goal but seriously OYONGO NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS CROSSES. It's like he just doesn't care where he sends it, other times it doesn't even go far enough like my little daughter could kick further and at times he just doesn't put enough power. Geez it's so frustrating. And seriously Oduro is becoming frustrating to watch as well. 

I only saw 2nd half, live on Eurosport, and Montreal was slow and predictable, but did a few things right. Had v good out wide play, got past their marks a few times, and then Jackson-Hamel in the exact right spot twice, first header very well taken. Proud of the guy. 

Bernier looked good as well, very fit and active. And Tabla, well he showed his youth but is daring and confident. 

For me, Mancuso, very bad today, a real dud. What's his problem?

Archived