Impact 2017 Season.

Dub Narcotic

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FML. 3 things that were horrible in the game vs VW:

1. Piatti's dribbles and lack of opportunism;

2. Oyongo's freaking crosses that don't go anywhere but the first post (if lucky). Why don't they have someone else take the bloody corners!?!; and

3. Canadian referees - absolutely crap! Lack of calls, handballs and also w VW putting the stalls in extra time a minute and a half is nothing! With all the stalls and AJHs injury it should've been at least 5mins if not 6 not 4.  

On 4/29/2017 at 2:09 PM, Moldy9 said:

2. Oyongo's freaking crosses that don't go anywhere but the first post (if lucky).

The one he played over for Tabla in the second half was an absolute peach but the youngster was in two minds and made a hash of that golden opportunity.  Shortly thereafter the Caps scored the winner.

Mancosu out 6-8 weeks, Jacskon Hamel cramping up after 70, defence very weak along with injuries, this year could prove to be worse than 2014. Biello is in trouble with 1 win after 8 games and that with came as a fortunate goal in added time vs Atlanta at home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arregui loan is terminated. He showed little when he was here. As great as Piatti is and Romero is a good player who is finally back from his major injury, the Impact has far too much of a history of signing mediocre, unskilled Argentinians. One fears there is some management link to an agent behind this. However, at least in Arregui's case they reacted quickly and released him. It is likely to clear salary to sign another defender to replace Oyongo.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/06/16/montreal-impact-part-ways-midfielder-adrian-arregui

22 hours ago, Grizzly said:

mediocre, unskilled Argentinians. One fears there is some management link to an agent behind this. However, at least in Arregui's case they reacted quickly and released him. It is likely to clear salary to sign another defender to replace Oyongo.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/06/16/montreal-impact-part-ways-midfielder-adrian-arregui

Exactly my suspicion. As per every other business deal back home in Montreal there's always something sketchy. What's up w all the Argies? Don't get me wrong, love Piatti, Andrés and Victor, Hernán might have some personal issues going on is what I think, but Ontivero and Arregui were flops. What's the Argie connection? They don't have scouts anywhere else? They have some fishy business going on? Anybody recall the deal for a striker that fell through? We signed him from one club (Boca?) and gave him to River Plate and they screwed us?

Anyways, knowing JS, he probably has Di Lorenzo on the payroll, from what I understood is he and Arregui had a connection with Temperley. That or Nick just can't get enough steak, chimichuri, wine and tango. 

Like there's other good Spanish speaking players in South America which could also be an incentive for those communities in Montreal to come out. I believe they already secured the Argentine diaspora. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

4-0 loss to NYRB tonight. The Impact, and particularly their defence, have been pretty bad this year.

Bad, horrible, pathetic, they are probably the worst team in MLS. Last night they completed 60% of their passes. It could have been 10 -0. 

I was at the game and it looked like a 2nd division team against a 1st division team. We aren't the worst team in the league as there are always a few teams we play against that seem worse than us, Philadelphia for example, but we are pretty bad though Piatti's brilliance sometimes disguises this. The problem with the Impact from Day 1 has been management of the team and the refusal to hire good coaches and managers and then let them do their jobs unhindered. Saputo spends enough money that we usually will be competitive enough to challenge for a playoff spot but we are grossly underachieving. We had a few good games in the playoffs last year after a poor season and management ignored all of our blatant weaknesses and did nothing in the off season just like a few years ago. I like Biello and Braz both from when they were players and personally when I have met them but if they are going to be successful coaches or managers they should work their way through lower divisions not just be given a team. And above all, Nick de Santis needs to be removed from team management. The best coach we had since we joined MLS was Jesse Marsh and he was let go for "philosophical differences", ie. he wanted to make the decisions a head coach should be free to make and that is not how it works at the Impact. It is no surprise that Red Bull is a good team every year under him and he was the coach on the other side last night in this humiliating result. 4-0 was actually flattering for the Impact given the run play, it was one way traffic towards our goal.

At the gold cup break, Montreal were looking at sched of the next 7 of 9 being at home. They squandered one home game already against Dallas.  A simple decently played loss in an away game in new jersey would not have have changed the outlook for the worst, but a result like this one against NYRB and the squandered home loss  does raise questions 

Archived