Voyageurs' Cup 2017

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jonovision said:

That red card was a far worse decision than the penalty miss.

Not sure about that.  Both were bad, but that was as stone-cold a penalty as I have seen.  Gio beat him, and he slid right through him.  The red was idiotic too, but worse?  Not IMO.  That PK would have ended the game if converted (and awarded).

Shows that if you pressure a ref, he can make mistakes. Creates doubt. That was probably a penalty, but if you are harping at the ref for other non-calls, he'll doubt.

As for the red, well the announcers think it was not, I was not sure either. TFC pressuring ref, guilty about the non-call on the penalty, and there you go. 

This is bad reffing, but at least it is intense football and worthy of a final. 

As for Gio and his naysayers, sitting at home with their mall cop uniforms on whining about his style: that is football, like it or not. The best way to keep defenders off is to embellish, it gives the talented baller space and time. Football is a game of small margins and you have to find them. These mall cops will never say anything about dirty boot tackles though, will they?

TFC was the clearly superior side, and in my view, is one of the few sides in MLS who actually play attractive football. Their DPs make a difference, they create danger creatively. The team is balanced and has few if any weak links. I think they probably deserved the win and I can't say Impact have much to complain about, they did not manage their advantage properly or defend intelligently.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

TFC was the clearly superior side, and in my view, is one of the few sides in MLS who actually play attractive football. Their DPs make a difference, they create danger creatively. The team is balanced and has few if any weak links. I think they probably deserved the win and I can't say Impact have much to complain about, they did not manage their advantage properly or defend intelligently.

Toronto FC won because Montreal got tired and their best player injured, and they didn't replace their Canadians at half with better players. That's the depth advantage you get from outspending your opponent 4 to 1. If they lost this tie it would have been an embarrassment, and rightly so, for them

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

The TFC homer with the accent thought it wasn't even a foul.

Ref was heavily influence by TFC players overreaction...that combined with missing a lot of calls earlier he overreacted with that red card.

Archived