Voyageurs' Cup 2017

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, matty said:

Aside from Crepeau's work is anyone else finding this game.....bad?

Not really.  TFC had some good movement going forward.  Generated a few chances, and  Ricketts missed the mandatory opportunity.  Edwards hasn't looked great, but I tend to be less impressed with him than some on here.  Impact grabbed one to make it interesting for the 2nd half.  Definitely mixed emotions about Tabla getting it.  I wish he was going to the GC for us - would make me a whole lot happier about his accomplishments.

Overall, not much to complain about in terms of the game itself.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Not really.  TFC had some good movement going forward.  Generated a few chances, and  Ricketts missed the mandatory opportunity.  Edwards hasn't looked great, but I tend to be less impressed with him than some on here.  Impact grabbed one to make it interesting for the 2nd half.  Definitely mixed emotions about Tabla getting it.  I wish he was going to the GC for us - would make me a whole lot happier about his accomplishments.

Overall, not much to complain about in terms of the game itself.  

I feel like TFC keep fucking up big time as opposed to being shut down. Montreal feels out matched but got a lead (which yes has made things interested)

21 minutes ago, matty said:

Aside from Crepeau's work is anyone else finding this game.....bad?

Bah, good and bad.  Expect things will really come to life after the break.  

Bit of a broken play on the goal but full marks to Tabla on the strike.  Smartly taken. 

Would give Edwards full freedom in the last third.  He's going to have his way yet me thinks

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

That was a pretty serious body check, with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball there.  Like none.  

The radio broadcast was arguing it.  Play by play said it should have been a red, colour guy said yellow.  

In another thing, it's weird only listening to a game.  Not complaining but I'm not technically sound when it comes to the game so finding it hard to pick up on some things.  Just glad I get to experience it at all though :) 

Hell of a strike from Tabla to put Impact ahead. And then he does the Drogba celly, which I didn't like.

Fisher with a terrible "tackle" on Beitashour. IIRC some Impact supporters here think he is another example of a mediocre American player getting undeserved minutes. IMO that tackle really supports that case.

Just now, jonovision said:

Gio's been good. He also has every footballer bad habit that non-soccer fans (and many fans) hate.

Hard to disagree with that.  I really hate seeing it in games that I encourage people to watch in an effort to generate interest in Canadian footy...

Archived