Voyageurs' Cup 2017

10 hours ago, Rheo said:

TSN 1 is showing both tonight, 7 and 10 pm.

FML. Won't let me watch cause I'm out of country. Seriously!?! Like there's sooooo many people wanting to see this all over the world! Just open it up colissss

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Ansem said:

So many empty seats...not good

Looks like a good crowd actually. Most of the people are on the side the camera is shooting from. Remember it is a 24,000 seat stadium, the Senators are playing a huge game tonight and TFC is fielding basically a 'B' team.

Wait til ya see the empty seats in Vancouver tonight   :P

Just now, grasshopper1917 said:

Looks like a good crowd actually. Most of the people are on the side the camera is shooting from. Remember it is a 24,000 seat stadium, the Senators are playing a huge game tonight and TFC is fielding basically a 'B' team.

Wait til ya see the empty seats in Vancouver tonight   :P

I guess you're right...  you'd think the Fury would fill the seats on the other side so it looks good on TV

Not a great half for either team. I thought Cheyrou and Morrow were the best players on the TFC side. Hamilton had a great one-two touch on the Cheyrou goal, but he missed a sitter and wasn't great in possession when he did get the ball. Chapman, Cooper and Endoh all had bad half's, and Cooper looked like he couldn't care less about the game. I'm indifferent on both Osorio and Edwards' first half's.

As for Ottawa, well, they were on the pitch. That's about all I can say on them.

TFC should leave Osorio, Cooper and Endoh in Ottawa. How many dozens of mediocre appearances is Osorio going to get for TFC before he gets moved on? Cooper has been found out and Endoh is not good enough, especially for an older player on an international slot.

Chapman had a really nice cross right onto the head of Hamilton for the chance you mentioned. I think TFC is doing alright with the always-difficult chop-and-change cup lineup. Ottawa's only impressive player going forward has been Onua Obasi.

That was interesting.

Eddie Edward had a great game, lots of productive runs.  Irving had good distribution which is a change of pace for a Canadian keeper.  

Chapman, Osorio, Cooper all had forgettable games for TFC.  Disappointing.

Nice #CanPL Two Stick from the Ottawa Supporters.  I'd like to see more of that during this tourney.

Howler of a second half by TFC. Chapman was downright terrible. Looked like Osorio was playing defensive mid after Cheyrou went off injured. Ricketts finishing was poor. Edwards' second yellow was for what, exactly? 

Don't think Ottawa played very well at all tonight. Got lucky with a handball and a gift from Chapman and the backline.

That was more painful than interesting from my perspective. I thought TFC were awful in the first half and I didn't know at the half when I was well off. Some horrific defending on the two Ottawa goals, poor passing, ball control and first touches, TFC had great difficulty with the turf it seemed, they just couldn't play the game they wanted on it. Other than Cheyrou and maybe Irwin the entire team had an off night, especially Edwards. Have to chalk it up as a learning experience and see how well the kids can rebound. With Altidore suspended on Friday I am surprised he didn't play at all tonight. I imagine Vanney will be pissed as hell although I would take it out more on the veterans who played like they didn't care (ie. Cooper) than the younger players who made mental mistakes (Chapman, Edwards) that cost them goals (although the defending after the mistakes those two made ws not great either) but looked like they cared at least.

Hamilton and Chapman very weak, Edwards active as usual but not effective and dumb at the end, Osorio not as bad

Most interesting to see in next game is Choiniere...de Jong needs to bounce back from his weak performances

Man, if Ottawa could just spend the rest of the season playing only the 2nd half they might be all right.  Yes, yes,yes.  I know that's exactly what they're doing right now but what I mean is....ah never mind.

Couple o' tots.  Start with Ottawa.

1).  Williams.  Who else?  

2).  I suspect Mr Campbell is going to be somewhat sore tomorrow morning and Hume, Bloody Hell.  

3).  Yes, he certainly made a nuisance of himself at times but damn man, bit quicker on the ball eh.

Now T-O.

1).  HA HA!  

2).  You know you're in trouble when your entire back line is hearing, or rather, imagining that they are hearing the pitter-patter of spiked boots closing fast and panicking.  You know, 'cause that's what you're suppose to do.

3).  Chapman.  White shirts good.  Red shirts bad.  Don't pass to the ref.

Aaaaand not to nit-pic but just want to point out a slight clerical error.  Statistical records matter!  The box score has Jonathon Osario playing tonight.  I call BULLSHIT. 

P.S.  Who's the monkey that hurled that half full can a beer at Williams?  Come on, man.  Really?  That's like $6!

Well the first half of the Whitecaps / Impact game was infinitely better than the entire Fury / TFC game.

Davies was the best player on the pitch IMO. Teibert had a solid half, and de Jong and McKendry were decent as well although I didn't notice them much. Not much Crepeau could do on the two goals as they were 1 v 1 situations. Made a good save on McKendry as well, but his distribution was lacking. Tabla was okay going forward but I think Davies tracked back well to cover him. Choiniere was pretty absent.

Now, SHOME THE MONEY!

Also, it's interesting that last year, a mostly reserve Whitecaps side looked poor against Ottawa, whereas a mostly reserve TFC side dominated the Impact. This year, a mostly reserve Whitecaps side are dominating the Impact, whereas a mostly reserve TFC side looked poor against Ottawa. Coincidence?

1 hour ago, gator said:

I must say that none of the Toronto FC Canadians did themselves any favours as for pushing for more playing time, very disappointing!

Unfortunately, I agree with you Gator!  Although, I will cut Morgan some slack for his first appearance in quite a while.  Hamilton and Osorio I thought were at least passable - but not convincing.  Chapman and Edwards were shockingly bad. 

5 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Also, it's interesting that last year, a mostly reserve Whitecaps side looked poor against Ottawa, whereas a mostly reserve TFC side dominated the Impact. This year, a mostly reserve Whitecaps side are dominating the Impact, whereas a mostly reserve TFC side looked poor against Ottawa. Coincidence?

I am not sure I can unravel the string of implications involved in this paragraph. 

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

I guess you're right...  you'd think the Fury would fill the seats on the other side so it looks good on TV

North Stand is like 50 years old and shit.  Yes it would look better on tv.. but the South stand is shiny, new, and with far better amenities.  They should set the cameras up on the otherside not move the fans.

TFC vs OTTAWA:  Osorio has been out, Morgan out for what seems like years, Chapman has barely played so I'll give them a bit of a pass for having at best "ehhh" games.  Edwards has been playing so well...what happened tonight???   Irving and Dixon were ok, they didnt look out of place against TFC.  And for all the guys who want Edwards at CMNT camps at RB, well It didnt show tonight.  Not that he was bad, but I was hoping he would stick it to TFC,   Oh well...at least we didnt see Spencer, and maybe its the last time we ever see Endoh.  

18 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Move Ottawa to the MLS.. drop Montreal to the USL?

Archived