The Floro Replacement

matty

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Having a Division 1 League in CPL makes us a more desirable spot for a good manager. Without it, you're asking managers to pull a miracle or setting them up for failure. Might be why CSA is in no hurry...who are they going to get in this status quo?

I don't think the lack of league is an issue atm, if the cpl is on the horizon, when it comes to bringing in a coach. If anything it's a selling feature.

I think it's possible the cpl is delaying the hire but not because our current lack of league is scarring folks away.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

On a more relevant football note...I really despise the short-termism of football and some of its supporters.  I think it is absurd to sack a manager who has won one of the most unexpected top flight league championships in history less than 9 months ago. 

Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's like he got fired for moving the bar up higher. They are just a few points away from being in the position they were at the end of the season in 2014/15. He wins the whole damn league, and all of a sudden Leicester is supposed to consistently compete with the big clubs? They even won their Champions League group, and he still gets fired. Ridiculous in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if after this season or next they are out of the Premier League for another 10 year stint, like they were not too long ago.

On 2/23/2017 at 9:43 AM, MtlMario said:

Just curious. At the Gold Cup if we win all our games and win the tournament, how many points would we get and how much higher would we rise in the standings approximately?

I don't know the formula on these things, but there are websites that break down the math. Besides World Cup qualifies, Gold Cup games are the only ones we play that have a high multiplier. From a ranking stand point, these matches are much more important than a friendly. I believe the ranking depends on the opposition that you play too. So you wouldn't be able to calculate the exact number without knowing who we are playing.

This is just a guess, but if we were to win 6 straight games and win the Gold Cup, I think we would probably jump at least 40 place.

This article sounds more hopeful regarding finding a replacement before the Gold Cup.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/tony-fonseca-canadian-soccer-association-1.4007572

"Montopoli says the plan is still to have a new men's coach in place by this summer's Gold Cup. And if things fall into place, the coach could come sooner.

"We're down to a short list," Montopoli said of the search."

2 minutes ago, matty said:

I bet you a beer he ends up at Barcelona.

Will you give me odds too, matty? Bit thirsty there.

Barça seems bent on hiring a former player who knows the system, esp the youth system. With one exception, Sampaoli. Wenger has no chance at all, not the slightest. I could see Wenger coaching an African national team.

The front-runner seems to be Valverde at Bilbao. I like Cocu, because I loved him a player and I think PSV plays good football.

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Will you give me odds too, matty? Bit thirsty there.

Barça seems bent on hiring a former player who knows the system, esp the youth system. With one exception, Sampaoli. Wenger has no chance at all, not the slightest. I could see Wenger coaching an African national team.

The front-runner seems to be Valverde at Bilbao. I like Cocu, because I loved him a player and I think PSV plays good football.

I'm betting with what the bookies so be my guest ?

If he's available he'll be the number 1 contender

Just tobe clear you're betting on psg getting him right?

thatde be sweet, but i was just tossing that out there b/c of what happened td.! 

the funny thing is that td certainly wasnt his fault but will probably be a reason for his head.

kinda like 8-1 wasnt his fault but he got canned for it as well(?) 

(anybody wanna guess what im talking about?)

7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Holy shit! Barca won 6-1 today! What a fuckin' comeback! Wenger at PSG before Barca. If he joins another club other than those two, no bet. What city do you live in? Going to Toronto for the Women's game vs Costa Rica?

Well I did not bet on the game because 9-1 odds for that, too cheap for me. 

When we scored the last one I really just was stunned, could not even celebrate.

16 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Holy shit! Barca won 6-1 today! What a fuckin' comeback! Wenger at PSG before Barca. If he joins another club other than those two, no bet. What city do you live in? Going to Toronto for the Women's game vs Costa Rica?

Toronto

21 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Side bet if he goes to neither he ends up in china

Archived