Summer 2016 Transfers

Ruffian

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Please no!!

Sure they are willing to bid but Arfield won't want to leave! He played every game for Burnley last season. Its like if Ottawa bid for Bradley.

26 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Sure they are willing to bid but Arfield won't want to leave! He played every game for Burnley last season. Its like if Ottawa bid for Bradley.

Maybe edmonton, I dont think ottawa would put up 5k for someone.

Did Arfield sign a new deal with Burnley recently? If not, he might be coming to his contract year.

I suppose it depends on how much money Derby is willing to offer for his wages, but he could try to rock EPL with solid performance and move on to a new team next season.

CYLE LARIN APONTADO

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/cyle-larin-apontado.html

I don't know how reliable this source is. Looks legit though.

O Benfica está a seguir o avançado Cyle Larin, vinculado ao Orlando City, de acordo com informação veiculada nos EUA.

O futebolista, de 21 anos, já representa a seleção principal do Canadá e, de acordo com as notícias vindas a público, uma transferência para a Luz pode concretizar-se por três milhões de euros.

No entanto, não é crível que uma mudança possa acontecer agora, pois os direitos de Cyle Larin pertencem ao clube e, também, à MLS. A ideia é deixá-lo ‘crescer’ nos EUA

CONTINUAR A LER

I don't know if Fabio Morelli is officially Canadian, but it seems he has moved from the Impact Academy to Neuchatel Xamax in the Swiss 2nd Division. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can let us know if he is eligible to play for Canada.

Ah tiens, Fabio Morelli a joué en amical avec Xamax ce soir. (cc @VincelloM)

19 minutes ago, mikey_s_ said:

I don't know if Fabio Morelli is officially Canadian, but it seems he has moved from the Impact Academy to Neuchatel Xamax in the Swiss 2nd Division. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can let us know if he is eligible to play for Canada.

Ah tiens, Fabio Morelli a joué en amical avec Xamax ce soir. (cc @VincelloM)

He`s not Canadian. He has lived there for 3 years. 

42 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Also

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at TFC with Perquis being released. Not sure what their roster situation is after the Ricketts signing, but they are a CB injury away from a scary CB pairing.

2 hours ago, Oranje said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at TFC with Perquis being released. Not sure what their roster situation is after the Ricketts signing, but they are a CB injury away from a scary CB pairing.

CB is pretty much last of TFC's worries, unless TFC is looking to trade one of Zavaleta or Hagglund who has looked pretty good recently at CB. Yeah, TFC relies on Drew Moor too much, but I think TFC FO is happy enough with Williams, Hagglund and Zavaleta as depth, and Skylar Thomas and Simonin waiting.

39 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Impact might make sense with Wandrille out for a while and Ciman missing a few games as well. 

Impact is apparently trying to loan out 2 players, so 1 is for Bernardello and the other is probably for a domestic defender (unless they trade for another international) . Jackson-Hamel and Gagnon-Laparé are 2 of the 3 that I'm thinking if they try to loan out a player, the other being Eric Fisher. 

Impact definitely needs to upgrade over Lefevre and Cabrera to partner with Ciman. My only problem with Jakovic in that role is we need more of a stable defensive defender to cover for all the risks/mistakes that Ciman makes. Jakovic is not really a defensive CB.

On 19/7/2016 at 2:06 PM, shamrock said:

CYLE LARIN APONTADO

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/cyle-larin-apontado.html

I don't know how reliable this source is. Looks legit though.

O Benfica está a seguir o avançado Cyle Larin, vinculado ao Orlando City, de acordo com informação veiculada nos EUA.

O futebolista, de 21 anos, já representa a seleção principal do Canadá e, de acordo com as notícias vindas a público, uma transferência para a Luz pode concretizar-se por três milhões de euros.

No entanto, não é crível que uma mudança possa acontecer agora, pois os direitos de Cyle Larin pertencem ao clube e, também, à MLS. A ideia é deixá-lo ‘crescer’ nos EUA

CONTINUAR A LER

"Benfica is following the striker Cyle Larin, who plays for Orlando City, according to information coming from the USA. 

The 21-year old footballer, who has already played for the national team of Canada, is a possible 3 million euro transfer target for the team from the Luz Stadium according to news that has been made public.

However, it is not sure that a transfer could be made now, since the rights to Cyle Larin belong to the club and the MLS as well. The idea is to let him "grow" in the USA 

Read more"

I am pretty sure about the read more part....so they might pay the transfer and let him stay in Orlando for a period?

22 hours ago, Yohan said:

CB is pretty much last of TFC's worries, unless TFC is looking to trade one of Zavaleta or Hagglund who has looked pretty good recently at CB. Yeah, TFC relies on Drew Moor too much, but I think TFC FO is happy enough with Williams, Hagglund and Zavaleta as depth, and Skylar Thomas and Simonin waiting.

With TFC conceding the winner vs a 9-man San Jose squad, I feel that the backline should be a huge worry.

1 hour ago, Oranje said:

With TFC conceding the winner vs a 9-man San Jose squad, I feel that the backline should be a huge worry.

Which was mostly Bono's bonehead lapse in concentration.

And Vanney instructing TFC players not to make a rash challenge bc he was afraid that the ref will send off another player. 

TFC is tied for 4th in GA 

1 hour ago, Oranje said:

Dont blame the defense for that goal. (Wind...Bugs...divine intervention??) Defense hasn't been the usual tire fire that it has been over the last 3-4 years.  

44 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Which was mostly Bono's bonehead lapse in concentration.

And Vanney instructing TFC players not to make a rash challenge bc he was afraid that the ref will send off another player. 

TFC is tied for 4th in GA 

Not going to get into a TFC discussion in the transfer thread, but the fact Bono faced a shot after the 2nd player was sent off is shocking. Adding an experienced defender wouldn't hurt.

16 minutes ago, Oranje said:

Not going to get into a TFC discussion in the transfer thread, but the fact Bono faced a shot after the 2nd player was sent off is shocking. Adding an experienced defender wouldn't hurt.

there's no cap room. if you read Neil Davidson's article on Ricketts signing, TFC barely fit him under the cap after Perquis was let go. TFC would need to shed someone taking up significant cap room. Frankly, only guy who is a 'luxury' and eats a lot of cap room is Will Johnson

2 minutes ago, Yohan said:

there's no cap room. if you read Neil Davidson's article on Ricketts signing, TFC barely fit him under the cap after Perquis was let go. TFC would need to shed someone taking up significant cap room. Frankly, only guy who is a 'luxury' and eats a lot of cap room is Will Johnson

Well shit, you should have said that sooner. In my original post I said I wasn't sure of TFCs roster situation, so clearly it ain't happening

Archived