Summer 2016 Transfers

Ruffian

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Here's hoping all three of them do well. Adekugbe needs to be playing so here's hoping he claims a spot and gets some good minutes. 

If he is going to England, is League 2 a good prediction if he wants to start?

25 minutes ago, TRM said:

Getting loaned out did wonders for Hurtado so here's hoping Sam does likewise!

Adekugbe has far more upside. Hurtado getting more playing time is probably down to Mattocks leaving, Earnshaw retiring, Blas Perez going on international duty. He has a strike rate of 1 goal every 11 games.

2 hours ago, TRM said:

Getting loaned out did wonders for Hurtado so here's hoping Sam does likewise!

Did it really? How many goals he score this season?

Re: Adekugbe, why are we assuming he's going to England? Is there a source who's said that? Can't find any indication of where he's going in Weber's tweets, which seems to be the major sources of info. 

Robo said in today's media scrum that Sam would be going out for "a couple of months". I think that implies a league that's not currently in a summer break. My guess is scandinavia.

Hurtado's overall game and ability playing forward has improved dramatically this year. No he hasn't lit up the goals but neither did our DP forward. It is night and day compared to last year. Still a long way to go but way better.

A summer league might just be Scandinavia like you suggest. Makes sense.

9 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

Did it really? How many goals he score this season?

Re: Adekugbe, why are we assuming he's going to England? Is there a source who's said that? Can't find any indication of where he's going in Weber's tweets, which seems to be the major sources of info. 

Robo said in today's media scrum that Sam would be going out for "a couple of months". I think that implies a league that's not currently in a summer break. My guess is scandinavia.

His article actually talks about his training stint with Brighton and Hove Albion in England. 

1 hour ago, jrue17 said:

His article actually talks about his training stint with Brighton and Hove Albion in England. 

Interesting. Might be one of those training things that some players go to with European clubs, normally during MLS off season. I don't expect Adekugbe to play competitive games. Which is sort of a trial too.

11 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

This tweet mentions he will be loaned to a club in London. 

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Columbus probably needs a striker with Kei Kamara gone.......probably wishful thinking on my part but TFC bringing in Haber & Ricketts would give us too many strikers (unless they are getting rid of Jozy)

I can't see teams wanting him right now because of his health issues.  

If TFC sign Haber & Ricketts, I just worry that it will cut short the progress that Hamilton & Babouli have been making. I also suspect that if they play Ricketts as a striker (and maybe they are not planning to, but as right sided winger to balance off the Morgan & Lovitz options on the left, which wouldn't be so bad), he will be #3 on Giovinco's list of favourite teammates to shout "you did the wrong thing, you idiot!" at (Endoh & Delgado being #1 and #2, respectively - I finally watched Saturday's game and noticed Giovinco having a go at Endoh again late in the first half for making another wrong decision with the ball. Ricketts has the same tendencies, but unlike the other two is a bit past the developmental stage of his career)

I don't mind the Haber signing:  he's good at hold up play as a target man should Altidore continue to be an injury issue.  Ricketts used as a winger is okay .  To me, it's better than seeing the likes of Robbie Findley and Herc Gomez on the squad.

1 hour ago, canucklefan said:

The best way to develop is getting playing time with the senior team. Both Hamilton and Babouli are doing fine so far so I'm not sure what's the need to put them at a level below. 

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the possibility of Haber going to the USL, not Hamilton/Babouli

What about the possibility of him signing with Columbus? They need to shake things up. This would also be a lower pressure situation than a veteran CanMNT player returning to a Canadian MLS team and expected to be an instant All-Star.

13 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

What about the possibility of him signing with Columbus? They need to shake things up. This would also be a lower pressure situation than a veteran CanMNT player returning to a Canadian MLS team and expected to be an instant All-Star.

Agreed. That's the hint I got from the Tweet.

Archived