Summer 2016 Transfers

Ruffian

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Hamilton would be an alternative to Larin, just as we saw at the U20 level. 3 goals in 9 games now for TFC, gotta think he puts himself in the conversation for WCQ if he keeps this form up. It was a great finish tonight from him down in Columbus.

Chapman by the way with an osorio-esque assist. Don't think he gets a sniff yet, but perhaps one to bring in next time we have a friendly camp.

Larin didn't start tonight, is that tied in with Heath's departure, or is he injured. Was on the bench but don't know if he came on as a substitute. In any case, Orlando lost yet again. 

5 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

He hasn't looked fantastic against CONCACAF teams that are below MLS level, IMO 

He's fast, so he can be an Oduro-type player, but I'm sure he'll still get plenty of ire from fans

Against Honduras, El Salvador, Panama and all the usual suspects, Ricketts can often irritate us because his first touch lets him down, or his technique limts his effectiveness. His movement also doesn't jump out at you as excellent. His decision making is perhaps his biggest let down

Although the teams mentioned above are aguably below MLS level (I think that's extremely generous to MLS btw), they are superior to MLS teams when it comes to technique, first touch, movement. Therefore, I don't think Ricketts would stand out as poor in comparison to other players on the field, at least in those categories.

41 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Well, that makes sense. Didn't really see a fit for Haber at TFC, given that they already have a similar forward in Altidore who is on a big contract.

Perhaps only if there were any serious concerns about his return to full fitness.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

It was the Crew

Haber's got a decent strike rate in league 1 and provides good hold up play. I can see how he would be a useful MLS bench option. The international status will probably be an impediment to getting a deal done though. I hope it works out for him.

My Spanish is mostly based on knowing French, but I believe it says that Sam and Javi Ortega have terminated their contracts with Deportivo B and good luck to both of them.  Not sure what meta means in this context but it's describing Javi.

54 minutes ago, shorty said:

My Spanish is mostly based on knowing French, but I believe it says that Sam and Javi Ortega have terminated their contracts with Deportivo B and good luck to both of them.  Not sure what meta means in this context but it's describing Javi.

meta means goalkeeper. 

This article from Marc Weber says that Adekugbe will start with the U-21's, with a shot at making the first team. Seems a similar situation to the one he was in with Vancouver, just with a higher level of play should he make the first team.

This article also mentions the Whitecaps are looking to loan out Froese as well.

http://theprovince.com/sports/soccer/mls/vancouver-whitecaps/whitecaps-sam-adekugbe-loaned-to-brighton-hove-albion?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I find it weird that an English Championship side would be able to offer better playing opportunities to an inexperienced 21 year old, than an MLS team could. Or do the Whitecaps simply feel that the training environment would be a better experience for him? Wish Sam all the best though - hope it works out for him.

5 minutes ago, David C. said:

I find it weird that an English Championship side would be able to offer better playing opportunities to an inexperienced 21 year old, than an MLS team could. Or do the Whitecaps simply feel that the training environment would be a better experience for him? Wish Sam all the best though - hope it works out for him.

Maybe the Whitecaps feel that playing with BHAFC's U21 side is better for his development than not playing at the MLS level or playing with VWFC2. 

5 hours ago, Ruffian said:

This was found by @GlassCityFC 

I think It means he is without contract???

I thought both had contracts to June 30 and it was announced they would  both stay, that the team was keeping them. Maybe I was wrong, otherwise you would not pull out of the contract. It would not be unusual for a player to have an opting out option in case of certain better offers.  

I am guessing he has found something else, better, even hoping it might be a division up. Will check...

54 minutes ago, David C. said:

This loan doesn't happen without Adekugbe's English passport. 

56 minutes ago, shermanator said:

This article from Marc Weber says that Adekugbe will start with the U-21's, with a shot at making the first team. Seems a similar situation to the one he was in with Vancouver, just with a higher level of play should he make the first team.

This article also mentions the Whitecaps are looking to loan out Froese as well.

http://theprovince.com/sports/soccer/mls/vancouver-whitecaps/whitecaps-sam-adekugbe-loaned-to-brighton-hove-albion?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sam-adekugbe-vancouver-whitecaps-canada-3178985.aspx

Brighton's news piece

Not that I know him or anything but it seems that Sam never recovered mentally from not being able to win back his spot from Harvey after getting injured last year. Much like Jordan Hamilton, maybe he'll play better at a level he feels is commensurate with his ambitions.

I like of the Whitecaps go about these young players. Instead of plainly cutting them from the team, they get the chance to develop in a different environment. They did it with Clarke, with Hurtado. If nothing else, it's also a chance to showcase their skills to a different audience. 

Archived