Hoilett to Besiktas?

FootieFool

2 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

It's not like this is unique to soccer.  If the Canadian media was right, the Maple Leafs have signed Stamkos 5 times already.

Edit:  I have no idea why the font is so small and it doesn't look like I can change it after the fact.

Pretty sure he is saying the Canadian media does not care enough to make rumours.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

It's not like this is unique to soccer.  If the Canadian media was right, the Maple Leafs have signed Stamkos 5 times already.

Edit:  I have no idea why the font is so small and it doesn't look like I can change it after the fact.

They never said that Stamkos was signed to the Maple Leafs, but that the Leafs are intersted to Stamkos. That doesn't mean that the Leafs were going to sign him. It happens that the media gets it wrong like when Nesta signed in Montreal. Everybody thought that he was going to TFC.

5 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I selfishly want him in the Bundesliga so I can watch him in a quality stream on Sportsnet World and not some random stream where you can't make out the number on the back of a jersey.

I want him on a Champions League team so he I can watch him on Sportsnet Ontario. Monchengladbach are currently fighting for the fourth spot so it would be cool if they made it as well. Imagine two Canadians on solid Champions League level teams.

In reality, he should go to a team that will play him. I have no idea where he would fit in with either. 

18 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I want him on a Champions League team so he I can watch him on Sportsnet Ontario. Monchengladbach are currently fighting for the fourth spot so it would be cool if they made it as well. Imagine two Canadians on solid Champions League level teams.

In reality, he should go to a team that will play him. I have no idea where he would fit in with either. 

Sportsnet Ontario. Not West, East or Pacific. That is where you draw the line ;)

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I'm just confused. You want him on a Champions League team so you can watch him on Sportsnet Ontario? There's no chance that you'll see a Champions League match on Sportsnet Ontario.

Where would people prefer he lands? Besiktas or Monchengladbach?

Both could find themselves in the Champions League but Besiktas is more likely to play in the competition. I would rate both with an equal chance of success in the CL. Bundesliga is better than Turkish Super Lig but Besiktas could likely offer him more playing time - and he gets to play alongside Hutchinson. Also there is more chance of silverware in Turkey. 

17 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

At 'gladbach he would likely be brought in as a replacement for Mahmoud Dahoud if he is sold during the summer. 

A starting spot wouldn't be guaranteed however. It's a deep and talented squad.

For the CMNT Besiktas might be his best move. But as a BMG fan I'm giddy. 

On April 23, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Alex D said:

At 'gladbach he would likely be brought in as a replacement for Mahmoud Dahoud if he is sold during the summer. 

A starting spot wouldn't be guaranteed however. It's a deep and talented squad.

For the CMNT Besiktas might be his best move. But as a BMG fan I'm giddy. 

I personally don't see him as replacing a player like Dahoud. Dahoud has played mostly as a holding mid (though one who gets forward) and Hoilett is more of a wide attacker or sitting behind a striker.

I'm actually surprised if Gladbach are keen on him as they seem especially deep where Hoilett typically plays. Thorgan Hazard, Hahn, Traoré, Herrmann, all play in this role. Unless some of those guys might be moving on or they see Hoilett as providing depth. 

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I'll back up the claim about the Turkish press making up stories. Over the past year they have claimed Tore had signed with West Ham at least 10 times. And to get my defence in first, I can't be racists because I live in a Turkish neighbourhood and eat at Turkish restaurants ever week. 

Everywhere around the world, there are terrible newspaper companies that make up stupid stories. To find realistic transfer rumours you have to look at the best sources not which country they come from.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, masster said:

Not sure how reliable this is, but the new rumor is that he will be going back to the Premier League with Swansea. 
https://amp.twimg.com/v/cf250ce4-21fd-4613-9e12-4a867f9e0a9a

The guy works for Bleacher Report, which I'm pretty sure is famous for being full of crap. However, I actually trust it more than the Beskitas story, tbh.

I'm actually surprised so many high profile teams want to sign him. I thought he would be back in the second division.

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Media from the country with the world's best 2nd division would never lie! ;)

What bothers me is that I suspect the real motive for making these comments about the Turkish English press is racial, coming from a Germanophile even more so.

5 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Interesting, I had read much more positive things when I tried digging around forums a few months ago. These guys seem harsh 

I think it's mostly because he wasn't vey good for the first 3 years of his contract and only this season has he played well and the fans are bitter that he will now move on although some say they are happy to see the back of him!

Archived