Hoilett to Besiktas?

FootieFool

6 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Interesting, I had read much more positive things when I tried digging around forums a few months ago. These guys seem harsh 

In fairness, he was a terrible deal for them. He played very well this year but did nothing in the 3 preceding seasons. 

hoepfully he can bring his strong form into the Premier League.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10 mei 2016 at 11:24 PM, dsqpr said:

Yes, I'd be very surprised if he stays at QPR. Bought with good money (£4m, I think) and moving on for nothing - well done QPR!

And over 100 games for them. Which isn't all that bad if you ask me. 

On 5/28/2016 at 9:18 PM, dsqpr said:

If you have a hot clue, a player of Hoilett's age and ability would be moved on for a PROFIT, not released for a 100% loss!

Clearly hot clues are hard to come by.  If you follow basic accounting mind set, then you are absolutely correct: get maximum value out of asset.  Considering that QPR did not sell him on suggests one of two things: 1) QPR's asking price was higher than what other clubs valued Hoilett at, or 2) QPR made a footballing decision.  I suspect the latter as QPR has a wealthy owner in the Air Asia founder who has backed large debts in the hopes of a Premier League payday. QPR likely decided that they were stronger with Hoilett in the squad and were willing to risk losing a few million in the hopes of gaining promotion.   

Archived