• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2017 at 0:18 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Did a rebrand for the Victoria Highlanders FC....

victoria-highlanders-v2.thumb.png.7cf6936ff331bd8f1d84504f1bda80e7.png       

I like this one. Nice & sharp. The blade & buckler work well together too.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:14 PM, ted said:

All the players would have wear goatees and tackle like Gascoigne or Cantona...

I'm down with the goatee. Just please, no more man-bun.

@GuillermoDelQuarto

I've been thinking some more about the Porcupine Gold Rush FC logo. Perhaps it would work with a mining head frame (Timmins/Porcupine has a very iconic one that remains upkept as a major landmark) at the back, with the crossed tools layered atop, and then the porcupine atop that? I'm not sure if it would be better with the head frame & porcupine as gold with the tools as the Timmins' blue, or vice-versa. Again, I'm thinking no circle, buckler, or shield to contain the logo, just the images standing free, perhaps with "Porcupine" above and "Gold Rush FC" below. Lettering would definitely have to be in blue, I think.

Any chance you can play with that? It's a bit of a different take, so maybe that'll inspire something.

2 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

@GuillermoDelQuarto

I've been thinking some more about the Porcupine Gold Rush FC logo. Perhaps it would work with a mining head frame (Timmins/Porcupine has a very iconic one that remains upkept as a major landmark) at the back, with the crossed tools layered atop, and then the porcupine atop that? I'm not sure if it would be better with the head frame & porcupine as gold with the tools as the Timmins' blue, or vice-versa. Again, I'm thinking no circle, buckler, or shield to contain the logo, just the images standing free, perhaps with "Porcupine" above and "Gold Rush FC" below. Lettering would definitely have to be in blue, I think.

Any chance you can play with that? It's a bit of a different take, so maybe that'll inspire something.

do you have a picture of the kind of headframe you have in mind?

2 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

do you have a picture of the kind of headframe you have in mind?

Here's 4 photos of the actual head frame from several angles. Image #1 & #4 are the usual views most people enjoy, but #3 is straight-on from the reverse, which may be easier to use.

Headframe1.jpg

Headframe2.jpg

Headframe3.jpg

Headframe4.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Here's 4 photos of the actual head frame from several angles. Image #1 & #4 are the usual views most people enjoy, but #3 is straight-on from the reverse, which may be easier to use.

Headframe1.jpg

Headframe2.jpg

Headframe3.jpg

Headframe4.jpg

i'm sure I can make either work.  Which do you like better?  the angled one?  Only slightly more complex.

56 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Yeah, that works.

I feel like i'm going to be busy though, got a ton of stuff I wanna bang out and school is kicking into high gear.

but I will get to it.

Fully understand. This is all for fun and maybe 1 jersey/jacket at some point down the line (because also fun).

52 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

i'm sure I can make either work.  Which do you like better?  the angled one?  Only slightly more complex.

I like the angle of #1 better, but I'm not sure how well that will work visually in a logo. Inevitably, I leave it to the graphics master (you) to decide what will work/look better & not provide you with excessive frustration.

9 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

Fully understand. This is all for fun and maybe 1 jersey/jacket at some point down the line (because also fun).

I like the angle of #1 better, but I'm not sure how well that will work visually in a logo. Inevitably, I leave it to the graphics master (you) to decide what will work/look better & not provide you with excessive frustration.

I have an idea, just checking which you liked

Both are very nice, I like the interesting trio of colors used. I feel the left one makes better use of the space available and looks a bit more symmetrical and such.

A potential suggestion, how would it look if you did an outline on the flower (white or black or whatever works best)? The red on orange blends in a bit. 

18 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

couple of ideas that came up for Brampton

still kinda thinking about something with a stylized B

They're both pretty sharp. I prefer the second one, with the B, and echo Diomondium's suggestion to perhaps outline the flower. I too find that it tends to blend with the orange.

The first logo, my eyes have trouble with the vertical of the letters against the vertical striping.Not sure if it's the offset or having the exact same angle, but I know that it makes my eyes go all swimmy for some reason.

Just now, Rintaran said:

They're both pretty sharp. I prefer the second one, with the B, and echo Diomondium's suggestion to perhaps outline the flower. I too find that it tends to blend with the orange.

The first logo, my eyes have trouble with the vertical of the letters against the vertical striping.Not sure if it's the offset or having the exact same angle, but I know that it makes my eyes go all swimmy for some reason.

That's a fair point. I suppose something that could look decent is if both the flower and text had a slight white outline, then it would be easier to compare how one feels about the two different designs without the background clash being an issue.

I've been using the red Calgary logo (and the rest of your logos that were used in the CPL database made a few months back) in my FM17 game on a save that had 200 hours of playtime, so I legitimately forgot at this point that wasn't their actual logo. :lol:

13 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

just added some light grey outlines

ignore the thing on the side, just trying to come up with an interesting B but still a work in progress

BRAMPTON FC NEW.png

That outline works beautifully. I don't have the disjointed feeling when I look at it anymore. Must have had something to do with the edging.

Archived