Yeah, I don't think Calgary necessarily needs to follow exactly Flames' colors. Red is Calgary's color. Not red and yellow or anything else. The Stampeders are red, black, and white, and the Foothills could absolutely be red and beige if they so desired.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Diamondium said:

Yeah, I don't think Calgary necessarily needs to follow exactly Flames' colors. Red is Calgary's color. Not red and yellow or anything else. The Stampeders are red, black, and white, and the Foothills could absolutely be red and beige if they so desired.

was aiming for a wheat-coloured beige, for obvious reasons.  Not sure if that was obvious or not

2 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

alberta=plains

much of the surrounding area of calgary is farmland

Sorry I was probably too vague.  I understand that Alberta has a lot of wheat.  I didn't understand that the beige colour was supposed to represent that wheat.  In that case I'd suggest making the beige slightly more golden.

But I think the beige and maroon in general is a great colour scheme.  It's somewhat similar to the colours the Flames used in their heritage classic jerseys.  Although the beige there is more of an accent colour with yellow still being primary.

39 minutes ago, JerryUnderscore said:

Sorry I was probably too vague.  I understand that Alberta has a lot of wheat.  I didn't understand that the beige colour was supposed to represent that wheat.  In that case I'd suggest making the beige slightly more golden.

But I think the beige and maroon in general is a great colour scheme.  It's somewhat similar to the colours the Flames used in their heritage classic jerseys.  Although the beige there is more of an accent colour with yellow still being primary.

definitely going for red as opposed to maroon, albeit a deep red.  So lightened up the red a bit and yellowed up the beige a bit.  how's this?

appreciate the input

Calgary Black dark red and gold.png

22 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

trying something new with calgary, added stripes at the bottom hoping to represent plains, and changed the white to sort of white-gold yellow.

not sure what I think, feel like it's now become a little too complex.

Calgary plains bottom.png

How about this, but a different shape?  I like the design, but I keep thinking Colorado Rapids when I see this, and being a former Nordiques fan, I hate anything Colorado-related.  

Yes, it is all about me, before you ask.

1 minute ago, SuperCanuck said:

How about this, but a different shape?  I like the design, but I keep thinking Colorado Rapids when I see this, and being a former Nordiques fan, I hate anything Colorado-related.  

Yes, it is all about me, before you ask.

hahaha well what did you have in mind.  the horse and rose haven't been overly popular

17 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

lol back to surrey, they have a pretty cool coat of arms/flag, might be cool to see if this could be incorporated somehow

really like the keys - I'd say the colour scheme too, but lord knows we have to much black and blue already

County_Flag_of_Surrey.png

Two keys.  One gets you an acorn or whatever that is, and the other gets you a ... pillow?

17 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, figured I would include the original colour scheme with the new layout.  I can see why you would want to go for the classic Calgary Flames retro colours but theres also a case to be made for going in a slightly different direction.

Calgary Black dark red and gold.png

I liked the horse, but this is a pretty happy medium I'd say. 

11 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

hahaha well what did you have in mind.  the horse and rose haven't been overly popular

People didn't like the horse (it's Calgary, how can a horse not work?) but they liked the bum.  How about a horse's arse?

I've been outvoted, so I'll go with the majority.  

Just now, SuperCanuck said:

People didn't like the horse (it's Calgary, how can a horse not work?) but they liked the bum.  How about a horse's arse?

I've been outvoted, so I'll go with the majority.  

lol no they didn't like the bum either, hence why I removed the cheek edge and the anus(aka the flower)

It's not so much that they didn't like the horse, I think they just preferred a bit simpler.

18 hours ago, JerryUnderscore said:

I created two logos today for a potential Halifax club.  The first one is inspired by Chelsea's logo and the second was somewhat inspired by FC-Hali's own citadel style logo.large.593211706312d_HalifaxFC.png.59c9d31297e162ac2f8a558558dc3b6e.pnglarge.5932116edff22_HalifaxFCv2.png.7a23c3f34b1292ee8d07611e28eb3aed.png

really like the top one

Archived