• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

trying something new with calgary, added stripes at the bottom hoping to represent plains, and changed the white to sort of white-gold yellow.

not sure what I think, feel like it's now become a little too complex.

Calgary plains bottom.png

There is definitely a lot going on, but I still really like it. My only issue is that there is a lot of text that would be really hard to read on an actual badge, especially since the text is running in and out of different colors.

1 minute ago, harrycoyster said:

There is definitely a lot going on, but I still really like it. My only issue is that there is a lot of text that would be really hard to read on an actual badge, especially since the text is running in and out of different colors.

wow, thanks for the quick response.  

Hm.  not really sure what I can do about that.  As logo's get older and people know what they're for I could see taking the name of the club off of it, but at this point I don't think I can do it.  Best I think I can do is make sure the contrast is good so that it pops out and make it as large as will look okay.

just means that I need to choose a lighter shade of yellow i think.

I think the color used in the top left one of the 2nd post looks absolutely incredible, and makes the whole emblem look just top-notch. Really gives it a much improved feel over the grey. I don't personally like the other 4 colors too much, I feel they're all a bit 'mustardey'.

I feel like the bottom part with the horse, flower, and stripes all in one place is a bit busy. Is it possible to perhaps have the flower shaft extend up the whole way, then have the horse hovering just above the striples? That might end up looking like shite, but could be worth a shot.

Sorry, @GuillermoDelQuarto I'm just not digging the Calgary logo. If you don't mind receiving some constructive feedback, here's what I think will make it work.

First, it's too busy. Take out the rose, the horse, the two hills that kind of look like buttcheeks, and centre the wordmark. I think it looks better if you keep it simple, like you have with other logos. The mountain and stripes are enough.

Second, the colours are completely off for Calgary. Try the red, white and yellow like the following highly popular concept jersey for the Flames. Retro Flames jerseys in Calgary are incredibly popular, and I think people would be attached to a similar colour scheme.

1022-laurentelbaz-cgy1.png?token=9sTXNA%

6 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Sorry, @GuillermoDelQuarto I'm just not digging the Calgary logo. If you don't mind receiving some constructive feedback, here's what I think will make it work.

First, it's too busy. Take out the rose, the horse, the two hills that kind of look like buttcheeks, and centre the wordmark. I think it looks better if you keep it simple, like you have with other logos. The mountain and stripes are enough.

Second, the colours are completely off for Calgary. Try the red, white and yellow like the following highly popular concept jersey for the Flames. Retro Flames jerseys in Calgary are incredibly popular, and I think people would be attached to a similar colour scheme.

1022-laurentelbaz-cgy1.png?token=9sTXNA%

ayyyyy fuck ya I can do that.

56 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

trying something new with calgary, added stripes at the bottom hoping to represent plains, and changed the white to sort of white-gold yellow.

not sure what I think, feel like it's now become a little too complex.

Calgary plains bottom.png

The hills look like a bum :) 

11 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

@shermanator

what now? 

Calgary shermanator.png

Hmmm, well the colours work better anyways. But, I think I had something else in mind.

Use the colour scheme on the right. Make the shield outline black. Leave the stripes the way they were before (but with the new colour scheme on the right). The part that used to be the butt cheek hills, leave that white. Centre the club name vertically in red. I think that should do it.

20 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Hmmm, well the colours work better anyways. But, I think I had something else in mind.

Use the colour scheme on the right. Make the shield outline black. Leave the stripes the way they were before (but with the new colour scheme on the right). The part that used to be the butt cheek hills, leave that white. Centre the club name vertically in red. I think that should do it.

comme ca?

thought we might as well see a few different options

Calgary shermanator.jpg

edit: just seeing that last on one, it looks better with the yellow type.  gonna upload that in a sec

just experimenting with different colour variations for calgary.  

I don't mind the white one but the black version just seems a bit more badass to me.

Then again, you could always use one as a third(kinda like that black and neon kit I always see chelsea wearing)

Calgary Foothills FC black and red.png

damnit, always looks a little different in illustrator than it does on here. 

it's supposed to be slightly less neon.

38 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

lol back to surrey, they have a pretty cool coat of arms/flag, might be cool to see if this could be incorporated somehow

really like the keys - I'd say the colour scheme too, but lord knows we have to much black and blue already

This is the flag of Surrey, England.

Link to flag of Surrey, BC:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Surrey_BC.svg

1 hour ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

also, figured I would include the original colour scheme with the new layout.  I can see why you would want to go for the classic Calgary Flames retro colours but theres also a case to be made for going in a slightly different direction.

Calgary Black dark red and gold.png

I think this looks great.  I'm a huge Flames fan, but I've never understood the obsession with the retro jerseys.  Using more muted colours works great for this shield.

Archived