This might be overdoing - but had the idea and had to try it.

just a tweak on a previous concept(calgary foothills)

was trying to think of creative ways of adding the Wild Rose - stumbled upon this.

I like to think of it kinda like those obstacles that equistrian and barrel-riders jump over

It might need some tweaking in terms of centering and such, but what do you guys think otherwise?

Calgary Foothills WR.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, dsqpr said:

I put "BringBackTheBlizzard" on ignore and that thread went from 401 pages to 200!

Just in the intrest of fairness. He's been fully onboard with the idea of being constructive and positive as a way to support the CPL and the Voyageurs. His posts have been much better lately and he's been a positive part of the conversation. His posts have been positive and fair lately. Credit where its due.

8 hours ago, BradMack said:

Just in the intrest of fairness. He's been fully onboard with the idea of being constructive and positive as a way to support the CPL and the Voyageurs. His posts have been much better lately and he's been a positive part of the conversation. His posts have been positive and fair lately. Credit where its due.

I concur with this statement.

13 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This might be overdoing - but had the idea and had to try it.

just a tweak on a previous concept(calgary foothills)

was trying to think of creative ways of adding the Wild Rose - stumbled upon this.

I like to think of it kinda like those obstacles that equistrian and barrel-riders jump over

It might need some tweaking in terms of centering and such, but what do you guys think otherwise?

The way the flower curves seems unnatural, and it doesn't seem to connect through the horse. I do enjoy the two-tone red quite a bit, and find this to be a much sharper, more professional-level design than some of the others that I've seen.

13 hours ago, Xavier said:

What if the wild rose separated the two shades of red?

This is definitely a good idea. If this is attempted though, you'll likely have to shift the horse in order to strike a balance between the two halves of the image. With the flower & the horse's head being so close to each other, that'll shift the weight quite high and leave the bottom area feeling too empty.

10 hours ago, Rintaran said:

I concur with this statement.

The way the flower curves seems unnatural, and it doesn't seem to connect through the horse. I do enjoy the two-tone red quite a bit, and find this to be a much sharper, more professional-level design than some of the others that I've seen.

This is definitely a good idea. If this is attempted though, you'll likely have to shift the horse in order to strike a balance between the two halves of the image. With the flower & the horse's head being so close to each other, that'll shift the weight quite high and leave the bottom area feeling too empty.

yea I realize that it's gonna take some tweaking.  Will probably have to alter the shape of the hills slightly.

at this point i'm just putting out feelers to see if the idea is indeed solid and seems relevant to calgary - in my ideal world both the edmonton and calgary crests would have the Wild Rose incorporated in some way - so I could refer to it as the Wild Rose Derby :P

On 5/16/2017 at 3:10 AM, BradMack said:

Being one of the guys who got into a couple of online debates with him, I actually thought about sending him a PM to express some gratitude for precisely that reason.  Since there was a bit of a line in the sand drawn by retiring the old thread, the tone of the conversation around CPL has generally changed - not just with BBTB (though for sure he is included), but with everyone.  Thus the idea of a PM to him.

Then I thought that might seem a bit patronizing.

Then I thought he might not give 2 shits what I think.

So I didn't.  But like others, I concur - and it is nice to see the board not getting bogged down in unproductive squabbles.

Grand River Concept

just a slight tweak on KW United's logo, as I think it's a decent one already.  Ditched the massive "UNITED" as I thought it was overkill.  kept the colours and shape, although I added gold.

Changed KW to GR(Grand River) to be slightly more inclusive and not alienate Cambridge and Guelph

"The Riverlands" - awfully game of thrones-y but you have to admit it's classy

also, and I think it still needs tweaking - but added the rivers joining into one river on the bottom.  I'm not sure but I think the angles are a bit off or something.

Grand River United.png

Is there a way to get all these logos in one place? I am really enjoying coming back and seeing the updated concepts, but it is kind of a hassle to scroll through 64 pages each time. It'd be awesome if we could have some sort of webpage set up or something where we could view all the finalized logos one place. Bonus points if we could get them all on to a map or maps. I think that'd be a cool look.

4 hours ago, Dannon20 said:

Is there a way to get all these logos in one place? I am really enjoying coming back and seeing the updated concepts, but it is kind of a hassle to scroll through 64 pages each time. It'd be awesome if we could have some sort of webpage set up or something where we could view all the finalized logos one place. Bonus points if we could get them all on to a map or maps. I think that'd be a cool look.

I've just set up a facebook page "Guillermo Del Quarto" that i'll be posting all of my work under.  

That being said, there is some work by Jahinho Guerro and Xavier that won't be on there.

I'd move Timmie's up so it's centred on a bar.

Hmm, what about if one of the chest stripes was made up of the five thin sleeve stripes, so they carry all way across?

Or, instead of thick even hoops, use the sleeve stripe as the thickness for some pinstripes. A bit more "inspired by" the Cats sleeves instead of actually using them.

It's kinda hard to make black and gold look bad, tbh.

15 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

fair enough.  I kinda thought so as well, but couldn't not give a nod to the ticats somehow.  seemed the most fitting way, without going over the top.

The hoops does enough to pay homage.

Also put the sponsor on a black hoop (looks like it should fit). So you dont have to stroke it.

P.S. I've been trying to recreate the template to change the collar. ..but I've been struggling.

3 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

The hoops does enough to pay homage.

Also put the sponsor on a black hoop (looks like it should fit). So you dont have to stroke it.

P.S. I've been trying to recreate the template to change the collar. ..but I've been struggling.

haha all good.  I kinda decided the first edition of CPL kits(in my head) should have some sort of symmetry across all of them anyways - and a nice big collar you can pop is kinda classic haha

2 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

TSS Burnaby kit, redone with Vancouver 86ers colours.

I could go into why, but I don't think I need to, knowing you folks

added the 86

TSS Burnaby '86.png

Interesting. It actually gives off a spanish div 2 feel to it.

Archived