• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

updated Quebec concept - changed the top from the chateau to a stylized version of the city gate.

think it's an improvement - although I think maybe it needs some sort of outline/stroke somewhere to make it a little more obvious.

still have to try with the ship coming towards viewer

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

I love this one. The top part of the crest seems a bit odd. But you're so close to killing it with this crest

20 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

or, you know, just KISS

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

Very sharp - I love what you've done in terms of finishing touches on the gate. I would only suggest two minor edits:

-I know it makes sense to use club de football, but in French it's typically still just FC. PSG, Monaco and a few other Ligue 1 teams use it. If you want something more authentically "French", maybe try AS (Association sportive) - though that would have to precede Québec (i.e., AS above the design, Québec below it).

-It should be Québec with an é, not an è. ;) 

2 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Very sharp - I love what you've done in terms of finishing touches on the gate. I would only suggest two minor edits:

-I know it makes sense to use club de football, but in French it's typically still just FC. PSG, Monaco and a few other Ligue 1 teams use it. If you want something more authentically "French", maybe try AS (Association sportive) - though that would have to precede Québec (i.e., AS above the design, Québec below it).

-It should be Québec with an é, not an è. ;) 

someone already mentioned the accent, then i got busy and must have thought I had already changed it haha

cheers

On 5/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

or, you know, just KISS

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

Just a suggestion, it may not be completely accurate but if you superimpose the fleur de lis on the sails I think it would be much cleaner. And second, remove the protrusion at the very top of the inner shield.

12 hours ago, zen said:

Just a suggestion, it may not be completely accurate but if you superimpose the fleur de lis on the sails I think it would be much cleaner. And second, remove the protrusion at the very top of the inner shield.

do you mean the arc part?  It's supposed to look like the underside of the city gates, which looks like that. 

Or are you referring to something else.

and re: the fleur de lis, do you mean like where the very central sail is?  That might work.

On 22/05/2017 at 1:16 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

updated Quebec concept - changed the top from the chateau to a stylized version of the city gate.

think it's an improvement - although I think maybe it needs some sort of outline/stroke somewhere to make it a little more obvious.

still have to try with the ship coming towards viewer

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

I would change the direction of the accent before changing the direction of the ship.  I think the top needs to be a bit more rampart-y.  Other than that, it's great.  

Edit:  Having continued reading this thread, I see m-g-williams has already pointed out the accent.  Also, I know I said more rampart-y, but is it possible to do a combination of the two?  I liked the look of the top of the first one, but it's easier to tell what the second one is.  I'm halfway through my first cup of coffee, so I hope you know what I'm trying to say.

10 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

do you mean the arc part?  It's supposed to look like the underside of the city gates, which looks like that. 

Or are you referring to something else.

and re: the fleur de lis, do you mean like where the very central sail is?  That might work.

Well the things on the left and right of the arc.

And yes, on the main sail!

7 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

not sure if this is what you meant.  think the arch looks better but liked the fleur better where it was personally.  

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

Yes the Arch looks much better.

I meant if the main sail of the ship actually had a tiny fleur-de-lis on it. Idk hard that would be to do?

8 hours ago, zen said:

Yes the Arch looks much better.

I meant if the main sail of the ship actually had a tiny fleur-de-lis on it. Idk hard that would be to do?

ahh alright.  no that's easy enough.  Makes more sense.  I don't know why but I liked the original orientation, but i'll try that out when I get home.

12 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Personally still prefer the larger fleur

QUEBEC WALL TOP.png

Very nice! But I was hoping you'd skew it or rotate the fleur so that it looked like it was part of the sail rather than an image laid over top if it.

3 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

Do you think it would look too wonky putting the turret on the left corner of the crest? Right now it looks awesome, just wondering if that would make a nice asymmetry or not.saint-louis-gate-illuminated-at-night-ol

I can try it, but I do think it would look too wonky.  Tried similar things before and almost always looks off

Maybe when I get a chance

22 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I can try it, but I do think it would look too wonky.  Tried similar things before and almost always looks off

Maybe when I get a chance

I agree it would ruin the symmetry and it would lose its crest feel. Plus it'll have an Everton look.

but worth a shot to try it.

Archived