another attempt at Vaughn.  Loosely based on the city's logo which is nice and clean.

Not really sure about the flowers(trillium) but figured as that was a popular options with York, and Vaughn being sorta close to York, that it might make some sense.

Also I believe Ontario soccer head office is in vaughn( I swear I read that somewhere) so it kinda makes sense as their new logo incorporates the trillium.

Feedback!

Vaughn City FC.png

edit:grammar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

another attempt at Vaughn.  Loosely based on the city's logo which is nice and clean.

Not really sure about the flowers(trillium) but figured as that was a popular options with York, and Vaughn being sorta close to York, that it might make some sense.

Also I believe Ontario soccer head office is in vaughn( I swear I read that somewhere) so it kinda makes sense as their new logo incorporates the trillium.

Feedback!

Vaughn City FC.png

Looks good except it will be important to spell Vaughan correctly :)

Alright, I've gotta see what comes of this. I'm looking for a Porcupine Gold Rush FC logo concept, from my team in the Duane Rollins Fantasy League. Team colours will be blue & gold, similar to the colours of Timmins, ON. I'm totally going to be looking into getting a jersey done with the logo & faux-sponsors. I just can't resist.

Here's the city's logo for colour reference, but I'm hoping for something that isn't a direct rip of the city's logo.

City of Timmins logo

21 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I think it would look interesting if u moved the P over to the left by the thickness of the font

Not sure if u get what I'm saying though 

like joining the P with the C? removing the gap?

56 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

What's the significance of the porcupine?

@Rintaran

Porcupine is one of the areas in Timmins, located East of the main city, and NW of South Porcupine. The Porcupine Gold Rush was an actual gold rush that ran from 1909 - 1911 across Northern Ontario. You can read about the history on wikipedia if you want: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcupine_Gold_Rush . Basically all the different areas of (old) Timmins (McIntyre, Schumacher, Porcupine {previously "Golden City"}, South Porcupine, etc) were former mining camps that were formed during the Porcupine Gold Rush, generally around Porcupine Lake. A rail line to Golden City opened July 1st, 1911, with over 8000 claims in the area. The city burned to the ground, killing between 73 (official) - 200 (estimated) people and razing 500,000 acres of the forest on July 10th, 1911. The dead were buried at a brand new cemetery at what is still called Dead Man's Point (yes, there really is a Dead Man's Point).

Timmins itself didn't form until Noah Timmins auctioned off some flat land West of the Hollinger & McIntyre mines on Labour Day 1911. By time of incorporation on January 1st, 1912, Timmins' population had surpassed that of Golden City & South Porcupine.

It's a shockingly interesting history that is sadly not taught to locals.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:53 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Feedback!

Vaughn City FC.png

you know...I always wondered how they got away with their current logo being so close to the CSA logo.

6QdSfh6T.png ................ 1024px-Canadian_Soccer_Association_logo.svg.png

27 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I know one of the main club coaches....gunna send him this:

vaughan-sc.png

definitely 1000X better than their current.  Yea I agree,can't believe they got away with it.  We were talking on here a little while ago about it, It's basically soccer blasphemy if you ask me.

only thing I think I might change is the maple leaf to the trillium flower, just cause it irritates me how everyone wants to use the maple leaf.

On 4/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

buddy of mine is from sask and this was his favourite colour combo,

anyone strongly disagree?

Saskatoon RB.png

hm weird, the yellow is a lot less pronounced in illustrator

I liked the yellow better than the white? Not sure I recall that ;)

17 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

you know...I always wondered how they got away with their current logo being so close to the CSA logo.

Cause nobody cares?

Cause nobody is gonna confuse the two?

Because Amateur sports teams do this all the time?

K just got a request to do a trail and castlegar fc badge, 

just posting these here for future reference and to make sure I have the right ones

Coat-of-Arms.jpg

xcity_coatofarms.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u7wvgy

I don't suppose anyone has a larger version of the castlegar one?  It's a little hard to make out whats in the centre there.

also, would west kootney fc be and appropriate name?  Trail and Castlegar is a bit of a mouthful, although managable.

12 hours ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

been working on this one for a while.

think this is by far the best version

still probably going to try a few different vectors for the maple leaf and castle as well as different fonts for the L,

but general layout-wise, thumbs up?

<snip>

also, preference for right or left?  

I like the one on the left better, but they're both good, strong, logos. The veins in the leaves is really sharp, not sure how it would work on gear, but looks great in the image.

On 12/04/2017 at 5:32 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

K just got a request to do a trail and castlegar fc badge, 

just posting these here for future reference and to make sure I have the right ones

Coat-of-Arms.jpg

xcity_coatofarms.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u7wvgy

I don't suppose anyone has a larger version of the castlegar one?  It's a little hard to make out whats in the centre there.

also, would west kootney fc be and appropriate name?  Trail and Castlegar is a bit of a mouthful, although managable.

It looks like a large, orange spider, crushed by a crucifix and a pair of binoculars, but it could possibly be something else.

Archived