2015 Whitecaps Season

nolando

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree that Dean is probably stronger at LB than Teibert in a straight comparison, I also agree that Dean is ahead of Rodriguez and he might need to continue being Waston's replacement in the middle, depending on what happens in the GC quarter-final tonight.  Mexico - CR going into extra time right now.

After watching the Pan Ams, I think that Manjrekar James would be a good option for VWFC.  I think that he has very good potential to be a Gershon Koffie type of player, plus he is several years younger.  I like liked him the midfield when, at times, he played that position for Canada.

Cheers!

I like James, too, but he is only two years younger than Koffie and light years behind his development and confidence on the ball. I think he could be a serviceable MLS CB in a couple of years with the right coaching and development, though. TFC should have a serious look at him. imo.

So, for Sunday, can we expect to see Dean-Waston-Parker-Beita now that we know CR is eliminated?  Personally I'd love to see RT in there but I don't foresee it happening except as a late substitution or tactic.

I think James would be a good fit for any of our 3 MLS sides. He is young and a decent CB already. I know he got the handball call against but those type of mistakes he'll learn from and keep the hands by the side no matter how unnatural it feels.

His play at this level was very solid and his timing on tackles is very good. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

So, for Sunday, can we expect to see Dean-Waston-Parker-Beita now that we know CR is eliminated?  Personally I'd love to see RT in there but I don't foresee it happening except as a late substitution or tactic.

I would think that would be our back 4 but I could easily see Russ getting the start at left mid. While he isn't the threat going forward that Manneh is Russ can constantly back check the hell out of anyone trying to attack Dean's side. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russ at left mid over Manneh in this instance.

Nice consistent win against San Jose who looked like shit. Should have kept a clean sheet but gave them too much time and space around the box in the final 10 minutes. 3-1 is still a good score.

All 3 Canadian teams are above the line in both total points and points per game. 2015 the year all 3 Canadian teams make the MLS playoffs!!

That is more like it. 3-0 and in Seattle. We have a habbit of doing that to them there. Our goal scoring machine (Kah, a CB) did 2 goals worthy of a forward or attacking mid. Not the type of goals you expect from a CB. Should get GOTW for the second one.

Seattle is on a terrible streak. A single win in 9 games. Hope they will continue for one more week, would be nice for Whitecaps if they got a head start in the Campions Leage, especially win the number of games they got ahead of them.  Right now it looks like it can get to all hands on deck for Seattle to even make the playoffs. 

Agreed that both SJ and Seattle are not in top form but we are doing what we should be doing to weaker teams. Beating them and "not even close" type performances. We used to play to the level of our opponents way too much. Hopefully we are over that for good.

Agreed that both SJ and Seattle are not in top form but we are doing what we should be doing to weaker teams. Beating them and "not even close" type performances. We used to play to the level of our opponents way too much. Hopefully we are over that for good.

Exactly. We were getting points on the road luckily, with late goals in tight games, now we are really deserving them-

Have you heard what Sigi said after the game, incredible way to motivate the team saying how dare the Whitecaps celebrate on our field and take pictures with their fans. Other players (Frei) said the same, they obviously went in the locker room and agreed to trash talk their way out of an embarassing loss. 

Last minute esp:

Even suggests Alonso bleeding was the fault of a Van player, when there is no evidence for it, the ball hit him from what it seemed.

I have read comments on the Seattle Times articles and their fans don't buy it, saying if you dont want the Caps celebrating then beat them. Very hard on them, as hard as I have ever seen MLS fans with their own team. 

Super disappointed in Robinson. You come off perhaps your best result ever, and then you put out that lineup? Last night was not squad rotation, that was a full on reserve squad. In a game where you really should get 3 points if you want to go through.

Super disappointed in Robinson. You come off perhaps your best result ever, and then you put out that lineup? Last night was not squad rotation, that was a full on reserve squad. In a game where you really should get 3 points if you want to go through.

Vancouver put out a stronger lineup than Seattle IMO, they just didn't perform.  The Canadian kids who were given a shot were good.  I thought Morales could have had a bigger impact in a game like that though.

Vancouver put out a stronger lineup than Seattle IMO, they just didn't perform.  The Canadian kids who were given a shot were good.  I thought Morales could have had a bigger impact in a game like that though.

Both teams played their reserves. The only difference is that Vancouver has more depth than Seattle right now. Regardless of that, Robinson should have spread out the changes: half against Seattle last night, and half against RSL at the weekend. RSL will be travelling from Guatemala, and they played a lot of regulars in their away match on Tuesday night.

As I have been saying for some time, Bustos is good.

Watched the game last night. I know it wasn't the top lineups of either team, but Bustos looked good in the small time he was on the pitch.

Sam looked understandably a little rusty coming off the bench and kind of playing as a withdrawn LW ( I think, anyways). Froese was lively, and Bustos brings a completely different (and refreshing) attacking dimension. I found his second effort to be lacking, though, and also noticed he is a little slow for a guy that otherwise bits the physical profile or a fast latino. Is he a straight-up replacement for Mezquida, generally speaking?

Also, that first half was some of the worst football I have seen a Caps side play in a long long time.

Teibert was pretty tidy. Like his press comments in general he plays very safe football these days but didn't stamp a real impact on the match the way I had hoped. He was essentially playing Laba's role, so I think that's a job well done, though to be fair, with Flores getting to be the more creative mid. How about Deybi taking that late free kick ball from Earnshaw, btw?

Russ made some uncharacteristic bad passes as well. I mark it up to he and Flores not playing much together. Very poor perf from most of the players. I hope that was just an abberation.

Teibert, Bustos, Froese and finally Sam!! All made the field for minutes.

Caps add Costa Rican RB Jordan Smith on loan from Saprissa.  I think this requires a 12th international spot if I'm not mistaken.  Anyone keeping track?  Do they need to acquire one or move someone out?  

They also loaned Hurtado to a team in Norway and the Norwegian article hinted at the Caps adding a big player.  Not sure if this would be Smith or not.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/06/wfc-acquire-jordan-smith-on-loan

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/07/wfc-loan-hurtado-mjøndalen

http://www.dt.no/sport/fotball/mif/dette-er-mjondalens-nye-spiss/s/5-57-148221

Russ made some uncharacteristic bad passes as well. I mark it up to he and Flores not playing much together. Very poor perf from most of the players. I hope that was just an abberation.

Teibert, Bustos, Froese and finally Sam!! All made the field for minutes.

Worst game I've seen from Froese. Hopefully it was just a one off for the team.

Caps add Costa Rican RB Jordan Smith on loan from Saprissa.  I think this requires a 12th international spot if I'm not mistaken.  Anyone keeping track?  Do they need to acquire one or move someone out?  

They also loaned Hurtado to a team in Norway and the Norwegian article hinted at the Caps adding a big player.  Not sure if this would be Smith or not.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/06/wfc-acquire-jordan-smith-on-loan

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2015/08/07/wfc-loan-hurtado-mjøndalen

It was time for Hurtado to go. Competition at RB never a bad thing.

http://www.dt.no/sport/fotball/mif/dette-er-mjondalens-nye-spiss/s/5-57-148221

Archived