Sign in to follow this  
king1010

Friendly - Colombia vs. Canada - October 14, 2014 - IN-match [R]

Gotta say... Canada are doing pretty good

0-0 35thmin

You know, I'm not going to sit here expecting a win... but I feel so much better watching this than I have watching anything Canada has done in probably two years...

Gotta say... Canada are doing pretty good

0-0 35thmin

It's been okay. It's never a good thing when the team is better without than with the ball. 

It's been poor in possession due to the negative 4-1-4-1 setup but defensively is has been going pretty well although a sweet Colombian goal was unjustly chalked off.

Canada seem well organized. Props to Floro.  de Guzman, Pacheco, de Jong , Issey, and Ricketts are having a good match.  Henry and Straith are struggling. Henry has to learn how to play in the offensive half. 

0-0 against Colombia with this Canada squad at the half is some sort of win, right?

I'd have to agree. Hopefully we make some adjustments in the second half. Have to be confident though. Have to weather the first 10 minutes of the second half and a good result is possible.

Man I am really proud of the way Canada are playing right now.

Beside Henry, and the absent ledgerwood everyone is playing above expectations.

The composure on the ball to not hoof it out...I believe in Floro

We looked very well organized in that first half. I thought de Guzman looked strong in particular. Borjan with at least one great save. We're holding our shape very well and forcing them to earn their chances. Great effort all round and props to Floro for a solid game plan.

Here's to a solid second half!

Good stuff so far. Although I am close to putting my fist through my screen with every attack down Colombias right flank. Is ledgerwood being told to tuck inside and leave their right winger and wing back free for every attack? Killing me.