Canada announces preliminary roster for Gold Cup

David C.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd look at it this way: TFC calling Osorio and Henry (legitimately, or close to it) would have left opportunity for Bekker and Morgan to make an impression and get closer to earning minutes. And really, if they start playing more at TFC, that's going to do a lot more to make them effective for the national team than 3 piddly gold cup games.

If I were the CSA, I'd say he can keep the two of them, but he has to get them on the field. If he doesn't, well then the CSA can raid the pantry next time and TFC can't complain much.

That is a compromise that I can see being acceptable. I don't think Morgan and Bekker were going to see much action anyways.

Starting XI tonight:

--------------Haber----------------

Teibert------Bekker------Ricketts

-------Johnson---De Guzman-----

De Jong--Edgar--Henry--Ledgerwood

-------------Borjan------------------

Looks like this is Miller's idea of what the XI will look like. I really hope REB, Osorio, Pacheco, Aleman or Piette can displace Bekker and Ricketts.. I can't see us doing much damage with those two in the XI.

Looks like this is Miller's idea of what the XI will look like. I really hope REB, Osorio, Pacheco, Aleman or Piette can displace Bekker and Ricketts.. I can't see us doing much damage with those two in the XI.

You have to remember there is this match then 4 more days of camp before the Martinique game, plenty of time for one of these guys to prove themselves further or for Bekker/Ricketts or anyone else to disappoint.

You have to remember there is this match then 4 more days of camp before the Martinique game, plenty of time for one of these guys to prove themselves further or for Bekker/Ricketts or anyone else to disappoint.

Looks like everyone will play tonight.

Ventura County eleven:

Roslund

Dreschler - Delbridge - Colvey - Riley

Palacios - Guzman - LaGrassa - J. Lopez

Gray - Salciccia

Looks like a B+ lineup. Goalkeeper with one appearance this year, few other guys who don't have many minutes. Notably absent is leading scorer Chase Minter.

Oh, I know just hoping anyway ahah. Change to the XI, Thomas is actually starting in place of Borjan according to CSA twitter.

Starting XI tonight:

--------------Haber----------------

Teibert------Bekker------Ricketts

-------Johnson---De Guzman-----

De Jong--Edgar--Henry--Ledgerwood

-------------Borjan------------------

Not a bad line up but I am disappointed to see Ricketts in there. I am surprised that Teibert is not on the left like he is in Vancouver. Interesting to see the continued faith they put into Bekker. Wonder what Osorio is thinking seeing Bekker start ahead of him. Speaking of Osorio I would be interested to see him in that CAM role. We will probably see Aleman come into that spot though and I am fine with that.

Good choice to name Johnson captain.

Not a bad line up but I am disappointed to see Ricketts in there. I am surprised that Teibert is not on the left like he is in Vancouver. Interesting to see the continued faith they put into Bekker. Wonder what Osorio is thinking seeing Bekker start ahead of him. Speaking of Osorio I would be interested to see him in that CAM role. We will probably see Aleman come into that spot though and I am fine with that.

Good choice to name Johnson captain.

Teibert's on the right in Vancouver. I'm sure that they probably have swapped wings during the first half.

^ But that's pretty much football for you these days. I don't see a lot of teams playing with two guys up top. There's a lot of solo strikers with support from advanced wide players who quickly transition between attack and defense. There are problems elsewhere on the field that need to be worked on and the overall talent level we have to deal with right now is definitely not the greatest.

I can't think of any reason why playing with a second striker would make this team prolific.

Archived