Canada announces preliminary roster for Gold Cup

David C.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CSA to make a "major announcement" in TO on Friday. Given the timing I doubt it's a new coach, probably sponsorship or something to do with the upcoming women's tournaments

The CSA said (if I remember correctly) that tickets for the U-20 in August 2014 would go on sale in August 2013. Before tickets sales begin we will need a match schedule. My guess would be that they will unveil the schedule for the U-20.

Sponsons.

It just seems an odd time for sponsons. Ombrelle was just before the friendly. As well, the tickets for the June 2nd game went on sale less than 3 months before the game despite the huge hype. The tickets for the game in Edmonton, occuring at the end of October, are going on sale just under 4 months before the game. This makes me think they want ticket sales to be well in place before they announce the U-20 schedule and proceed with ticket sales for that event at the end of August.

It just seems an odd time for sponsons. Ombrelle was just before the friendly. As well, the tickets for the June 2nd game went on sale less than 3 months before the game despite the huge hype. The tickets for the game in Edmonton, occuring at the end of October, are going on sale just under 4 months before the game. This makes me think they want ticket sales to be well in place before they announce the U-20 schedule and proceed with ticket sales for that event at the end of August.

I love how "sponsons" has so easily become part of the V lexicon.

However despite knowing it's origin I'm still not sure of the correct use of the term "towrads..."

CSA to make a "major announcement" in TO on Friday. Given the timing I doubt it's a new coach, probably sponsorship or something to do with the upcoming women's tournaments

It would be out of form for them to do this so suddenly...but it's possible they decided to get a red version of the new kit in time for the Gold Cup?

Archived