NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely disgracefull behaviour, but I think things might have changed a little over 10 years. Both clubs are very badly run, as you can tell because some of the other former DDR-teams (for instance Dynamo Dresden, Energy Cottbus and afore-mentioned 1. FC Union Berlin are doing much, much better).

And yes, both the Leipzig supporter-groups hate RB. But hey, when they played for promotion this year (having won the Regionalliga Nord-Ost (former DDR), they set an attendence record for 4th division football in Germany (30,104 according to the DFB). It seems that the general public in Leipzig is sick and tiered of watching other teams in the topflight or their own teams in the minor leagues. And let's face it, a city like Leipzig should have a team in the topflight. So I think they will get the support they are looking for, even though they aren't a Traditionsverein.

I'm still in dubio wether this is a good thing. Football is commercial anyway and at least Redbull is giving the city what it needs. I have no doubt that they will play 1. Bundeliga within 4 years from now. On the other hand I really love those old German clubs, like Lokomotiv, Chemie and Carl Zeiss. Idunno what to make of it.

Back on topic, playing the fourth leage isn't bad for a 22-year old keeper. He could still develop into a nice 2. or maybe even 1. Bundesliga player. Btw now I think of it, the German 4th liga (Regionalliga) really looks like the 3. division the CSA envisions for Canada. Semiprofessional leagues organised by regional associations. Most German pro's have spend some time in the lowers tiers, albeit in their respective clubs' second teams.

Regarding Caleb Clarke: http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/caleb-clarke/transfers/spieler_224786.html

Is this a mistake?! He is listed as moving to Augsburg II ... this would seem surprising.

Edit: Maybe it is true, given this story from a few weeks back about VWFC looking to loan him out to a European club: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/06/25/whitecaps-closing-in-on-european-loan-for-caleb-clarke/

Regarding Caleb Clarke: http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/caleb-clarke/transfers/spieler_224786.html

Is this a mistake?! He is listed as moving to Augsburg II ... this would seem surprising.

Edit: Maybe it is true, given this story from a few weeks back about VWFC looking to loan him out to a European club: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/06/25/whitecaps-closing-in-on-european-loan-for-caleb-clarke/

yeah that's correct: http://www.fussballeh.com/item/50-caleb-clarke-moves-overseas-to-augsburg-ii

I didn't find any information on the details of the deal. Is it a loan or what? If anyone knows, please let kme know!

According to Bild it is looking good for Lapenna getting a contract with LOK. He is supposed to play a half tomorrow in a friendly for the team. Their coach states, "The contract is ready to sign. I think everything will be finalized by Friday."

http://www.bild.de/regional/leipzig/lok-leipzig/marco-lapenna-premiere-gegen-erfurt-31197764.bild.html

As for Julien Latendresse-Levesque, he is not with the club at the moment but is supposed to return if they can agree on a contract. The coach. "I hope we can agree on a contract soon."

http://www.fc-lokomotive.de/index.html?/presse.php

According to Bild it is looking good for Lapenna getting a contract with LOK. He is supposed to play a half tomorrow in a friendly for the team. Their coach states, "The contract is ready to sign. I think everything will be finalized by Friday."

http://www.bild.de/regional/leipzig/lok-leipzig/marco-lapenna-premiere-gegen-erfurt-31197764.bild.html

As for Julien Latendresse-Levesque, he is not with the club at the moment but is supposed to return if they can agree on a contract. The coach. "I hope we can agree on a contract soon."

http://www.fc-lokomotive.de/index.html?/presse.php

Thanks, very helpful!

According to the coach of LOK, both Lapenna and JLL will sign 2 year contracts until 2015. Neither has signed yet but everything is agreed to and the signature is only a formality. Lapenna apparently played decently yesterday but left the game because of an ankle injury (though pre-game articles suggested he was only going to play one half anyway). Here is a picture of him in that ugly LOK uniform. :)

fussball1682_v-standardBig_zc-3ad1f7a1.jpg?version=6639

http://www.lok-leipzig.com/de/info/aktuell/pressespiegel/2013-07-11-lvz.html

According to the coach of LOK, both Lapenna and JLL will sign 2 year contracts until 2015. Neither has signed yet but everything is agreed to and the signature is only a formality. Lapenna apparently played decently yesterday but left the game because of an ankle injury (though pre-game articles suggested he was only going to play one half anyway). Here is a picture of him in that ugly LOK uniform. :)

fussball1682_v-standardBig_zc-3ad1f7a1.jpg?version=6639

http://www.lok-leipzig.com/de/info/aktuell/pressespiegel/2013-07-11-lvz.html

Kit reminds me of First Vienna FC from a few years ago. not the worst kit but the Club(LOK) is scum. Only good thing from them is Rene Adler.

Kit reminds me of First Vienna FC from a few years ago. not the worst kit but the Club(LOK) is scum. Only good thing from them is Rene Adler.

If this site had a "Like" feature I would probably hit it 1000 times for this post. This is like my worst nightmare, not only two Canadians playing for LOK but two Montrealers playing for LOK. As much as I wish them well in their careers as long as they are in LOK colours I can not wish them well and still hope LOK relegates.

If this site had a "Like" feature I would probably hit it 1000 times for this post. This is like my worst nightmare, not only two Canadians playing for LOK but two Montrealers playing for LOK. As much as I wish them well in their careers as long as they are in LOK colours I can not wish them well and still hope LOK relegates.

Any facist, racist etc organization thats continues to advocate their hate either directly or indirectly doesnt deserve respect and this doesnt just go for LOK but for all organizations sporting or non sporting doesnt matter. evil should not be supported

Some news to report on Roberto Stillo.

Last week it was reported that he and Genoa opted to part ways as Roberto was looking to get game time as a starting keeper.

Well, he wasnt with a club for long as he has agreed to terms with Parma FC (SerieA) on a 4 year contract. He will be sent on loan to A.C. Perugia (Lega Pro, formerly known as Serie C1) where he will fight for his opportunity to start. His head coach will be former Serie A Golden Boot winner Cristiano Lucarelli

Roberto had some offers to move to the UK as well but opted to sign with Parma instead. I wish him luck and hopefully, if he gets regular game action, our new CMNT coach will opt to bring him into camp with the men's team.

Nice move for Stillo, going to a 3rd division club where he will hopefully get some game time but still under contract with a Serie A club. Strange that Genoa was not willing or able to keep him and do a similar loan especially given that Parma is a better team at the moment. From what I have been able to gather it seemed like Genoa liked having him as a backup/practice keeper which is obviously not great for his development. His competition at Perugia will be soon to be 25 year old Slovenian keeper Jan Koprivec who was their starter last year and who has some Serie B experience and one game in Serie A. So some fairly good competition for him to overcome. Perugia is also a historic club with a good chance at promotion. Last year they finished 2nd in their side of the 3rd division table (the Italian 3rd division is divided in two) missing out on direct promotion only by 2 points and then losing in the promotion playoffs.

Parma has about 95 players under contract. This is still a good move for Stillo though. The loan to Perugia should give him a way better chance at starting.

Stillo isn't even the first Canadian to play for Perugia, I recall Rocco Placentino played with them when they were in Serie D.

I was scanning the German landscape for Canadians and have found two that aren't on the list yet:

Govinda Innes of VFL Frohnlach, Bayernliga Nord (5th Division) http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/govinda-innes/transfers/spieler_265331.html

Lucas Menz of VfR Wormatia Worms, Regionalliga Südwest (4th division) www.transfermarkt.de/de/lucas-menz/profil/spieler_243373.html

Any facist, racist etc organization thats continues to advocate their hate either directly or indirectly doesnt deserve the respect from me or others who believe we as humans beings are all equal.... except those ppl, in their case they arnt equal they are scum. and this doesnt just go for LOK but for all organizations sporting or non sporting doesnt matter. evil should not be supported

I have been trying to find information online about the neo-nazis aspect of Loko Leipzig. Thus far I what I have found only suggests neo-nazis supporters. Can you prove that the club itself is fascist? Or that ALL the supporters are nazis. Perhaps the players are secret nazis too? Perhaps you might like to put this information on wikipedia, because it isn't there either. I don't doubt you, I'm simply asking for facts, from you, or others, who seem to be hell bent on being trolls about this issue.

I have been trying to find information online about the neo-nazis aspect of Loko Leipzig. Thus far I what I have found only suggests neo-nazis supporters. Can you prove that the club itself is fascist? Or that ALL the supporters are nazis. Perhaps the players are secret nazis too? Perhaps you might like to put this information on wikipedia, because it isn't there either. I don't doubt you, I'm simply asking for facts, from you, or others, who seem to be hell bent on being trolls about this issue.

I was stating in general off the staements from Grizzly and and video links he sent us. its quite clear the fans are scum and the club has to be held responisble in upholding respect in football. not stopping the act is just as bad as committing it urself.

The hardcore support of LOK is right wing to neo-Nazi. There has been incident after incident and the team management does not react as one would hope. They may not be Nazi themselve but they are certainly willing to accept them as fans. Occassionally if their image is getting too bad they will hold some anti-racism event but it is usually more of a PR exercise than sincere. Until recently LOK's president was a former hooligan. I don't know for sure he was neo-Nazi but most of their hooligans are. Obviously when there are big games and casual fans show up they are not all Nazis but the hardcore support, ie. the teavelling fans, are very right wing and have been tolerated by the club for a long time.

Leipzig has been extremely divided between the two clubs for a long time. LOK was a bigger club in the GDR because of party support and was always one of the better teams but actually never won the GDR championship. The price of being a Party team is that you also have a place in the Party team hierarchy and number 1 was always Dinamo Berlin. Chemie despite bouncing between the GDR 1st and 2nd division actually did win the championship twice despite a lot of obstacles. As much as both clubs lacked good management, the absolute hatred and division of the city in two camps made it difficult for either club to rise above the lower divisions. Then Red Bull tried and failed to buy each of the teams so they bought a small suburban team, moved it downtown and pumped a lot of money into it. So the hardcore soccer fans are divided between Chemie and LOK and would never ever attend a Red Bull game while occassional fans and the family crowd go to Red Bull. Yes for special events like a promotion game Red Bull can get a lot of spectators but it remains to be seen if they can attract large crowds on a regular basis with

zero support from the hardcore soccer supporters in the city. And the hatred against Red Bull from every other team in Germany is huge. And hatred not in the you guys are baddass sense but in you guys are sellouts and fools sense. The funny thing is Red Bull fans are the softest, geekiest fans imaginable but their away trips are actualy quite dangerous for them.

Archived