NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wacker Burghausen terminate contract with Christopher Scott due to illness http://www.fussballeh.com/121-wacker-burghausen-terminate-contract-with-christopher-scott-due-to-illness

Thanks Jon, fixed both players

Tyler Forsey 20, leading scoring in challenge cup in NL this year is currently with the under 23 side of Dynamo Dresden on trial.

Sweet, keep an eye on it, let's see if he passes trial :)

Someone had asked about Marco Groeschel's connection to Canada. I can't find the original quote in the thread, so I am sorry for not directly quoting it. I looked into this though:

In The Groeschel family Marco his brother Roger and his parents have the Canadian citizenship. They are French Canadians and the extended family lives in Montreal. They are part of the Tanguay family tree. The entire family on the mother's side lives in Canada.

I just read that a guy I have played against several times this season is headed to Germany for a trial with Dynamo Dresden's U-23 side. He played for Holy Cross this summer and scored 31 goals in the NLSA challenge cup provincial league.

http://soccer2008bygorddunphy.blogspot.ca/2013/08/forsey-off-to-germany.html?m=1

Yeah it was mentioned earlier in this thread here:

Tyler Forsey 20, leading scoring in challenge cup in NL this year is currently with the under 23 side of Dynamo Dresden on trial.

Here is a strange one for you guys... Does anyone know the whereabouts of Ryan Fante? He played in Singapore for a while around 2010 I believe. I ask because, about 2 months ago, I was reading an issue of World Soccer and they had a kind of exotic feature on the Mongolian League. Apparently Ryan had been brought in to one of the title contenders there on a short term contract. Of all the places for a Canadian to end up... I cannot find anything on him now.

Tosaint Ricketts is now at Bucaspor in the Turkish 2nd division.

http://www.ntvspor.net/haber/futbol/93514/bucaspor-transfere-doymuyor

Good move for him! Bucaspor is a decent club to play at despite being relegated to 2nd tier...and I think Turkish football might suit him, if he gets playing time. Gets to play with Tam Nsaliwa. If have to say this in terms of Tossaint as a CMNT player. If he doesn't get playing time, but Tam does, does that mean it is unjust for Tam to not get a CMNT call? Or does it mean that Ricketts' phone should have stopped ringing a while ago?

Good move for him! Bucaspor is a decent club to play at despite being relegated to 2nd tier...and I think Turkish football might suit him, if he gets playing time. Gets to play with Tam Nsaliwa. If have to say this in terms of Tossaint as a CMNT player. If he doesn't get playing time, but Tam does, does that mean it is unjust for Tam to not get a CMNT call? Or does it mean that Ricketts' phone should have stopped ringing a while ago?

Nsaliwa left Bucaspor. And Tam isn't playing for Canada not because he wasn't good enough, it was because he doesn't have a Canadian passport.

Nsaliwa left Bucaspor. And Tam isn't playing for Canada not because he wasn't good enough, it was because he doesn't have a Canadian passport.

Yep. Back in 2008 I helped Aljarov with a short-lived Canucks Abroad website, and Tam told us he still wanted to play for Canada. 5 years later, and no headway was ever made! Not that Tam would've merited a call at every point during the last 5 years, but we certainly could have used the depth. The Voyageurs' own Rudi talked to him this year and the CanMNT dream is basically over.

I swear Joe that sounds familiar, as though someone had linked it to this thread or something. But then, it was probably you?

Nope, that was not me. After reading the article in World Soccer, I was just morbidly curious about Fante. Mongolia is very interesting place for a Canadian to play. I found the hard copy of the article I read but unfortunately I have no link.

The feature is the July 2013 issue of WS and written by Steve Menary. Ryan was brought in to play with a team called Koromkhon based in the capital of Ulaanbaatar. He played there in 2012 and was brought in on a 3 month contract. Apparently, these short term deals are done all the time in Mongolia. Its become an exotic place for foreign mercenaries to end up. Ryan, among other players, was "sourced" by a Singaporean agency called "Trebol Sports International". He won the Cup, finished as league runners up and was selected to the Mongolian league best XI.

Archived