NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone knows this young Canadian on AC Milan

Quoted paragraph from the preseason Trefeo Tim Tourney championship game between AC Milan & newly promoted Sassuolo.

Another defensive error handed Sassuolo the equaliser, as goalkeeper Gabriel’s pass to promising Canadian-Italian midfielder BRYAN CRISTANTE was intercepted and Gaetano Masucci blasted it low into the near bottom corner.

Note: AC Milan's Bryan Cristante was sent off in the 41st minute.

Quoted paragraph from the preseason Trefeo Tim Tourney championship game between AC Milan & newly promoted Sassuolo.

Another defensive error handed Sassuolo the equaliser, as goalkeeper Gabriel’s pass to promising Canadian-Italian midfielder BRYAN CRISTANTE was intercepted and Gaetano Masucci blasted it low into the near bottom corner.

Yes, we know about that Italian youth international.

Right, to be clear, the thread rules are that they must not have played most recently for another country other than Canada (including youth system) to be eligible for this thread. Regardless of whether they are still technically eligible for Canada. Cuts down on a lot of fringe players that will never realistically be in our system, and makes the list more manageable.

Sorry but maybe I missed something, Randy Edwini Bosu is still with the same German club he was with last season (2012-2013)? Did his club from last season get promoted to the top tier of German soccer?

Sorry but maybe I missed something, Randy Edwini Bosu is still with the same German club he was with last season (2012-2013)? Did his club from last season get promoted to the top tier of German soccer?

He's without a club right now. (And yes, his club got promoted, they won the league actually)

^It would be a fruitless effort at this point to sort everyone on this list out, with so many rumors and such to go on, only. I'm waiting until August when there will be a lot more clarity on the market, and then I can go over everyone. In the meantime, definite moves will be reported and dealt with. Read the list in entirety, there are plenty of guys still with their old clubs that are, in actuality, OOC. Late July is not the ideal time to do a complete list revamp.

^It would be a fruitless effort at this point to sort everyone on this list out, with so many rumors and such to go on, only. I'm waiting until August when there will be a lot more clarity on the market, and then I can go over everyone. In the meantime, definite moves will be reported and dealt with. Read the list in entirety, there are plenty of guys still with their old clubs that are, in actuality, OOC. Late July is not the ideal time to do a complete list revamp.

I agree, but nothing wrong with reporting changes in here in the meantime

I agree, but nothing wrong with reporting changes in here in the meantime

Absolutely not, and actual changes where they are signing elsewhere I am definitely changing in the thread :) Just not OOC yet, because of the difficulty tracking it down with most sites still listing them as under their former club :)

Per his twitter, Alex Comsia is off to train with Stade Lavallois in French Ligue 2. I assume he'll be eligible to sign a pro deal some time in 2014 if he sticks.

I wonder if that's permanent? He's trained in France before and is a 96', so he's still eligible for the U18 next season.

Canadian national team player Adam Straith joins third division team SV Wehen Wiesbaden www.fussballeh.com/item/88-canadian-national-teaam-player-adam-straith-joins-third-division-team-sv-wehen-wiesbaden

Good to see that Straith has found a club that he should get starting minutes at. I was hoping he would land with a team in B2 (or the whitecaps) but either move would likely prove difficult for him to get minutes, and you need minutes to develop. He is still young so hopefully a good season or two will bring about a starting job at the B2 level or equivalent. At that point we can start to consider him a serious CB option.

Archived