NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's what I am betting on.

It's not a bad move for Occean either. From what we have seen of him, he's actually a right decent hold up striker, capable of holding the ball up and waiting for the attack. And this is a team near the top of 2 Bundesliga last year, that would have actually been promoted had they won the playoff. I think this is a club serious about promoting, and if Occean can fit in there, he can score some goals again this year hopefully.

It's not a bad move for Occean either. From what we have seen of him, he's actually a right decent hold up striker, capable of holding the ball up and waiting for the attack. And this is a team near the top of 2 Bundesliga last year, that would have actually been promoted had they won the playoff. I think this is a club serious about promoting, and if Occean can fit in there, he can score some goals again this year hopefully.

and it's official!

He played in the U19 squad, no? Just checked with the fan forum and was told that player will leave :(. We shall see where to!

Yes, he was with the U-19. And that he would leave the club was sure as soon as it was announced he wouldn't join the reserve side, since he is too old to continue with youth teams. The only open question is if he has found another club yet, but so far I haven't seen anything on this.

And the Eintracht boards are about the least reliable source of info on the club out there :P

Yes, he was with the U-19. And that he would leave the club was sure as soon as it was announced he wouldn't join the reserve side, since he is too old to continue with youth teams. The only open question is if he has found another club yet, but so far I haven't seen anything on this.

And the Eintracht boards are about the least reliable source of info on the club out there :P

I'm sure there are worse sources :P

Some major mixed feelings on this one. My most hated club, Lokomotiv Leipzig, is trialing both Julien Latendresse-Levesque and Marco LaPenna. According to Bild, JLL has impressed and is close to signing with the 4th division sorry excuse for a club. Their head ******* says, "He has impressed us and now we just need to come to an agreement."

http://www.bild.de/regional/leipzig/lok-leipzig/heute-test-gegen-hfc-31129172.bild.html

Getting some playing time is always good, even though I must admit the organization isn't that great. Legendary club though. But hey, he's only 22 so 4th level in Germany is perfect for him. He'd better signed for their rival RB, as they are steadily climbing the ladder in Germany (third level with intentions to get into topflight within 2 or 3 years).

Some major mixed feelings on this one. My most hated club, Lokomotiv Leipzig, is trialing both Julien Latendresse-Levesque and Marco LaPenna. According to Bild, JLL has impressed and is close to signing with the 4th division sorry excuse for a club. Their head ******* says, "He has impressed us and now we just need to come to an agreement."

http://www.bild.de/regional/leipzig/lok-leipzig/heute-test-gegen-hfc-31129172.bild.html

where did u get the part about Marco Lapenna?

Grizzly is a Chemie fan, so he hates the other Leipzig teams.

Yes but I would say it is not a simple rivalry hate as with most cities with two teams. As Shamrock says LOK are a legendary club. They are legendary for being a regime team in the GDR whose games were attended by party functionaries and those who supported the dictatorship and they also received a lot of "benefits" like biased reffing and forced player transfers. Chemie and Union Berlin were the anti-regime teams, Leipzig and Berlin being the only cities in GDR that had two large teams. That was before my time in Leipzig but has a lot to do with the intensity of the rivalry today, the Leipzig derby is referred to as the Hate Derby.

After reunification like a lot of the former communist party teams they became a team whose hardcore support consisted mostly of neo-Nazi skinhead hooligans. Anti-Jewish chants and things such as human swastikas (fans standing in the form of a swastika) were common at their games. To give a sense why I am not overjoyed to see a couple of Canadians who I otherwise would like to do well in their careers at this club, here is some footage of a derby I attended in 2002. This is Chemie's stadium and Chemie is in green while LOK is in white. Among the multitude of things that happened during that game which was stopped several times, LOK fans unfurled neo-Nazi banners saying, "Rudolf Hess plays right wing for LOK" and "We are LOKists, murderers and fascists."

And since then the plague on football and people's health known as Red Bull has moved into Leipzig. First they tried but failed to buy Chemie and LOK with the intention of changing the teams' names and colours as they have done elsewhere. Then they bought a small team in a village nearby and moved it to Leipzig and are pumping lots of money into it. It remains to be seen as they move up the divisions whether they will ever get much fan support as most football fans in Leipzig hate Red Bull. Indeed the hatred of Red Bull is about the only thing Chemie and LOK fans agree on and much of the soccer scene in Germany feels the same way. Red Bull meets protests throughout Germany when they travel away.

Chemie is now in a very low division after several bankruptcies while LOK has managed to work its way back to 4th division after several bankruptcies themselves. This summer they came very close to going bankrupt again and their new coach is looking to form a young/cheap team hence the reason JLL and Lapenna are there. JLL needs to play and one can never know what will happen but I suspect LOK will be a relegation candidate this year so it might be tough for him. At 22 years of age the 4th division is a bit of a low place to be since it is not a nationwide league but divided into 5 regional leagues which weakens the level of play. It is also very hard to promote from the 4th division as even winning your division does not give you automatic promotion but only entry to a promotion playoff in which you have 50% of promoting. For Lapenna at 19 it might not be so bad to be in 4th division though it would be better if it was a loan and he could still go back to Aue afterwards with some professional experience. Still I can not cheer for either player as long as they are playing for LOK.

Yes but I would say it is not a simple rivalry hate as with most cities with two teams. As Shamrock says LOK are a legendary club. They are legendary for being a regime team in the GDR whose games were attended by party functionaries and those who supported the dictatorship and they also received a lot of "benefits" like biased reffing and forced player transfers. Chemie and Union Berlin were the anti-regime teams, Leipzig and Berlin being the only cities in GDR that had two large teams. That was before my time in Leipzig but has a lot to do with the intensity of the rivalry today, the Leipzig derby is referred to as the Hate Derby.

After reunification like a lot of the former communist party teams they became a team whose hardcore support consisted mostly of neo-Nazi skinhead hooligans. Anti-Jewish chants and things such as human swastikas (fans standing in the form of a swastika) were common at their games. To give a sense why I am not overjoyed to see a couple of Canadians who I otherwise would like to do well in their careers at this club, here is some footage of a derby I attended in 2002. This is Chemie's stadium and Chemie is in green while LOK is in white. Among the multitude of things that happened during that game which was stopped several times, LOK fans unfurled neo-Nazi banners saying, "Rudolf Hess plays right wing for LOK" and "We are LOKists, murderers and fascists."

And since then the plague on football and people's health known as Red Bull has moved into Leipzig. First they tried but failed to buy Chemie and LOK with the intention of changing the teams' names and colours as they have done elsewhere. Then they bought a small team in a village nearby and moved it to Leipzig and are pumping lots of money into it. It remains to be seen as they move up the divisions whether they will ever get much fan support as most football fans in Leipzig hate Red Bull. Indeed the hatred of Red Bull is about the only thing Chemie and LOK fans agree on and much of the soccer scene in Germany feels the same way. Red Bull meets protests throughout Germany when they travel away.

Chemie is now in a very low division after several bankruptcies while LOK has managed to work its way back to 4th division after several bankruptcies themselves. This summer they came very close to going bankrupt again and their new coach is looking to form a young/cheap team hence the reason JLL and Lapenna are there. JLL needs to play and one can never know what will happen but I suspect LOK will be a relegation candidate this year so it might be tough for him. At 22 years of age the 4th division is a bit of a low place to be since it is not a nationwide league but divided into 5 regional leagues which weakens the level of play. It is also very hard to promote from the 4th division as even winning your division does not give you automatic promotion but only entry to a promotion playoff in which you have 50% of promoting. For Lapenna at 19 it might not be so bad to be in 4th division though it would be better if it was a loan and he could still go back to Aue afterwards with some professional experience. Still I can not cheer for either player as long as they are playing for LOK.

thanks for this interesting read. You are right Lapenna is tweeting a lot from Leipzig lately. I don't thin being 22 and playing for the 4th division is that bad, considering he is a goalkeeper and they can play until they are around 40 btw.

Archived