NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice work John, do you live over there? We were talking on twitter a while ago (about the avatar pictures) and I forgot to ask

Oh yes, I stole your pic, but I'm no longer using it :P. I live in Ottawa and go to University of Ottawa doing my Masters, although I am nearly done.

Starting the major edit. Will get to the guys recently posted and add them later, this is taking hours, and I have to go to work. For the record I am checking on soccerway and transfermrkt, if I can't find the names there, I do a google search, if nothing concrete comes up, here's what happens:

Eliminating a LOT of names. Here's the first list. As I said in April, I'm will readd these guys if you can find them, and link proof of their whereabouts. Not trying to tick people off, trying to make this easy to track and accountable.

I got up to Scotland, and will finish the rest hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Here are the names.

Marco Rodrigues - Platense (Argentina Primera B Metropolitana) (3) U20

Manny Gomez - Sportivo Barracas (Argentina Primera D Metropolitana) (5) (NOTE wiki lists him at Club Atletico Jorge Griffa, but not confirmed)

Sérgio Rodríguez - CD Expreso Rojo (Colombian Primera B) (2)

Ismail Benomar - FC Erzgebirge Aue (German Bundesliga 2) (2) U19

Vladimir Vukovic - Sportfreunde Hamborn 07 (German Oberliga Niederrhein) (5) (Moved to Boden in Sweden...too low level to make the cut)

Ian North - FC Deisenhofen (German Landelsiga Bayern-SudOst) (6) (not found)

Stathis Kappos - Agios Dimitrios (Greek Gamma Ethniki South) (3) (transfermarkt infers he left there?)

Taran Bir - Kaposvári Rákóczi FC II (Hungarian NB II West) (2)

Alex Schleer - FC Veszprem (Hungarian NB II West) (2)

Billy Bitihene - Brescia (Italian Serie B) (2) Youth

*Nikolas Kras - ADS HinterReggio Calcio (Italian Lega Pro Seconda Divisione) (4) (only Italian nationality listed)

Frank Damiano - Trento (Italian Serie D) (5)

David Masciantonio - Lupa Frascati (Italian Eccellenza) (6) (too low of tier to track by new criteria)

Jonathan Parolini - Bojano (Italian Eccellenza) (6) (too low of tier to track by new criteria)

Steven Fronzo - Repen (Italian Eccellenza) (6) (too low of tier to track by new criteria)

Doekele Matteo van Wieren - Prix Le Torri (Italian Promozione) (7) (too low of tier to track by new criteria)

Maximir Luburic - Atlantas (Lithuanian A Lyga) (1)

Matt Grecco - Atlantas (Lithuanian A Lyga) (1)

Nathan Smith - Atlantas (Lithuanian A Lyga) (1)

Graham Ramalho - ACV Assen (Dutch Hoofdklasse) (4)

Mark Allison - RKSC Nemelaer (Dutch Eerste Klasse) (5) (too low tier to track)

Conor Rooney - Newry City (Irish Championship 1) (2) Reserves (couldn't find)

Rob Giacomi - IL Averøykameratene (Norwegian Third Division) (4)

Tomasz Tochowicz - Gornik Zabrze (Polish Ekstraklasa) Reserves (listed only as Polish)

Radoslaw Pindiur - Przebój Wolbrom (Polish III Ligi) (4) (too low league to track)

David Dinis - Lusitania (Portuguese II Divisão ) (3) (listed only as portuguese)

Alessandro Riggi-Atletico Sport Clube Reguengos (Portuguese II Divisão) (3)

Mauro Eustáquio - SC Pombal (Portuguese III Divisão) (4)

Jeffrey Pereira - GD Mealheda (Portuguese Aveiro Distrito 1ª Divisão) (5) (couldn't find)

Lucas Birnstingl - Bo'ness United FC (Scottish Junior FA East Region Super League) (5) (too low tier)

Note: I know many of you want color coding instead, but I'm doing it with **** just for now, for easier editing purposes until the list is done, then I'll probably color code them.

Note 2: Okay so for those who posted other names, or maybe posted about names I removed, patience here, I'll be checking 4 pages and updating them right after, so there may be some names that LOOK overlooked for now, but don't worry, I'll be doing double checking on what you guys have been telling me after initial updates.

Note 3: Just saw Gold Cup Roster. Eating my words about Aird never playing for us. Happily adding to list.

Adding to guys OFF THE LIST

*Milan Bozic - FK Beograd (Srpska Liga Belgrade) (3) (Transfermrkt lists him with this team, but wiki says team dissolved in 2012, after 2011-2012 campaign. Since he'd only be a one star guy I took him off until someone finds out what really happened here)

Filip Prostran - FK Mladost Apatin (Srpska Liga Vojvodina) (3) (seriously, what league do they play in? Chasing down accuracy in serbia is ridiculous to find a one * guy, especially a 3rd tier one that may have gotten relegated according to wiki. Fact is you can't find a match result for them past 2011. Frustrated on this one cuz transfermarket actually does list him as there, but unless this club has a nickname, 3rd tier Serbia is too borderline to chase this down for more than the half hour already spent. Sorry.)

Martin John - Ontinyent CF (Spanish Segunda B) (3) (listed only as English)

Jaime Garcia - AD Colmenar Viejo (Spanish Tercera Division) (4) U19 (only Jaime Garcia I could find was chilean. If this low a tier, for tracking purposes, someone will need to be professional, not U-19)

Mario Fernandez - Santa Pola CF (Spanish Regional Preferente de Valencia Group 4) (5) (not listed)

Carlos Fernandez - Santa Pola CF (Spanish Regional Preferente de Valencia Group 4) (5) (not listed)

Troy Pennycooke-Morgan - Ostersunds FK (Swedish Division 2) (4) (no club now)

Dominic Imhof - FC Bazenheid (Swiss 2. Liga Interregional Group 5) (5) (too low of tier)

Ante Jazic - Chivas USA (Major League Soccer) (1) (career end)

Haedan Turner - Real Salt Lake Arizona (United States Soccer Development Academy) U18 (too low of tier, although technically interesting...wait till pro contract)

Kyle Richards - Concorde Fire (United States Soccer Development Academy) U18

Matthew Vuylsteke - Empire Revolution (United States Soccer Development Academy) U18

Boban Kajgo only stayed half a season at Sutjeska Foca. He is now playing at Balkan Mirijevo in the Serbian 3rd division. Can be confirmed on his Wikipedia page.

In that case, too low of tier to qualify for this list. Removing.

Edit complete. Some guys posting stuff still too low tier...for Youth club and Reserves to make the cut, I'd rather it was to higher tier, and at least U-18.

Waiting on a couple of our unattached guys, from Hutchinson down to McCallum, for just a little bit in case there is negotiations with the old club we don't know about, rather than slamming them right into unemployed. We will continue to keep on top of it, if time passes and they don't resign, they will be removed.

Don't hesitate to remind me!

Most of our unattached guys are under contract to June 30th @ midnight. So unless formally released by club (contract paid out) these guys are all still technically with their clubs - unlike MLS that can just drop players.

Most of our unattached guys are under contract to June 30th @ midnight. So unless formally released by club (contract paid out) these guys are all still technically with their clubs - unlike MLS that can just drop players.

Awesome thanks that helps!

Okay and color coded...I am seriously considering adding position played, as well. How does it look so far?

Yeah, we will see quite a few changes in Germany when this contract date approaches. Hopefully many more Canadians will come to replace the many that will not get a new contract!

Added, Toje, and thanks for the extra info Thiku I was JUST about to ask for more info on this guy...if it's not a guy on transfermarket or anything quite yet I prefer to have some backup info just for proof of nationality with the new color coding system :)

All I can think is - this kid is good enough for CFR Cluj but not the Whitecaps u23 or at some point the residency? Is Whitecaps youth system that much better than European champions league teams!? Whitecaps are, to be fair, in a really tough spot. Massive land mass to cover, large number of players, wide variety of leagues. They will miss some.

Not sure I'm searching and can't find anything man. It IS first tier but seems to hard to track anything current. I'm looking but without proof he is currently there...transfermarket lists him as club unknown since 2010, so they obviously don't track Mongolia either.

I've posted a couple times that a Calgary kid, Charlie Trafford is in the 2nd team of De Graafschap in the Netherlands. Here's the link from their website:

http://www.degraafschap.nl/selectie/beloften-elftal/selectie/11295-charlie-trafford.html

Added bro, thanks. And yeah a couple of those posts were when jpg was still running the old thread so you know. If I missed one on this thread, I apologize. Much respect to jpg, I'm not the smartest cat, since I can be the king of typos and wrong copy and pastes, as Grizz will tell you! So I don't know how much time jpg spent on this thread, but to give you an idea, the major update I did this weekend took me 7 hours (since I was trying to do it properly and research absolutely every player I was removing on google, wiki, soccerway, and transfermarket)

Much respect for jpg, I can see why noone was absolutely bounding to the task when you gave it up lol

Arlind Ferhati moved to Canada when he was 10, now he is 18 and apparently he is playing for Dinamo Tirana in Albania (2nd tier) According to 'google translate' he has a Canadian passport and his family still lives in Canada. Previously, he played in Italy.

http://www.shkodrasport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3412%3A-arlind-ferhati-talenti-shkodran-ne-vemendje-te-vllaznise&catid=56%3Ashkodranet-neper-bote&Itemid=113〈=

I suppose it will take some more digging.

Marek Malamura is currently on trial with AS Trencin (Coron Liga - 1st tier)

http://www.profutbal.sk/ligy/svk1/clanok158223-S_AS_Trencin_trenuju_Belgican_Holandan_a_Kanadan.h tm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_AS_Tren%C4%8D%C3%ADn

I'm not sure if he is still there as the link is a month old.

More - http://tvnoviny.sk/sekcia/sport/archiv/posilnia-futbalovy-trencin-do-as-belgican-holandan-a-kanadan-video.html

He has also played for Coastal FC in the USL Northwest U16B.

Arlind Ferhati moved to Canada when he was 10, now he is 18 and apparently he is playing for Dinamo Tirana in Albania (2nd tier) According to 'google translate' he has a Canadian passport and his family still lives in Canada. Previously, he played in Italy.

http://www.shkodrasport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3412%3A-arlind-ferhati-talenti-shkodran-ne-vemendje-te-vllaznise&catid=56%3Ashkodranet-neper-bote&Itemid=113〈=

I suppose it will take some more digging.

I dug. It's legit, although he only managed 8 appearances last season. I see his passport listed as Albanian however, which to me means he gets color coded green. I'll take the article's word for it about Canadian status. If he does take the call to Albania U-19, he leaves the list...see if you can keep tabs on whether he gets to play for KS Vllaznia Shkoder as appears to be his wish. Keep in mind too, that when I do my major updates, players like this if they haven't made enough mark in their leagues to get on to soccerway or transfermarket often get removed because there is simply not enough proof that they are still with that club.

Marek Malamura is currently on trial with AS Trencin (Coron Liga - 1st tier)

I'm not sure if he is still there as the link is a month old.

He has also played for Coastal FC in the USL Northwest U16B.

Won't be adding this one...couldn't find proof of where he was playing, and I did dig. Suffice to say, until next season if he shows up as playing or appearing on the bench I'll be leaving this one off the list, since it was a trial and not a guaranteed professional contract. Super Liga Slovakia is definitely high enough league to merit attention. All I CAN tell you is that he didn't play for them in May in the first team squad. Let's leave it for now.

By the way is he any relation to David Malamura? They look similar if the 2nd featured guy in the video is the right guy. Got David listed as Germany, and the article says he was just in Germany...is it possibly the same guy?

EDIT: Yeah it must be, the wiki page you linked has him at SC Fürstenfeldbruck. Check out this transfermarket listing. If he DOES get on in Slovakia this would be a big upward move, as the team was relegated from the 5th division of Germany.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/david-malamura/profil/spieler_245708.html

I dug. It's legit, although he only managed 8 appearances last season. I see his passport listed as Albanian however, which to me means he gets color coded green. I'll take the article's word for it about Canadian status. If he does take the call to Albania U-19, he leaves the list...see if you can keep tabs on whether he gets to play for KS Vllaznia Shkoder as appears to be his wish. Keep in mind too, that when I do my major updates, players like this if they haven't made enough mark in their leagues to get on to soccerway or transfermarket often get removed because there is simply not enough proof that they are still with that club.

Won't be adding this one...couldn't find proof of where he was playing, and I did dig. Suffice to say, until next season if he shows up as playing or appearing on the bench I'll be leaving this one off the list, since it was a trial and not a guaranteed professional contract. Super Liga Slovakia is definitely high enough league to merit attention. All I CAN tell you is that he didn't play for them in May in the first team squad. Let's leave it for now.

By the way is he any relation to David Malamura? They look similar if the 2nd featured guy in the video is the right guy. Got David listed as Germany, and the article says he was just in Germany...is it possibly the same guy?

EDIT: Yeah it must be, the wiki page you linked has him at SC Fürstenfeldbruck. Check out this transfermarket listing. If he DOES get on in Slovakia this would be a big upward move, as he was with their second team in the 5th division of Germany.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/david-malamura/profil/spieler_245708.html

Wait, what Marek and David Malamura are the same guys? If this is true, I better get on that :D

Wait, what Marek and David Malamura are the same guys? If this is true, I better get on that :D

I have no idea honestly, do you know? I'm just saying that wiki lists Marek on the Trencin page as from the same team David is from. Please, yeah get on it and let me know lol.

By the way for your site, according to Sandor, Eddy Sidra was last at the U of A Golden Bears back in Edmonton. http://the11.ca/2012/09/24/cis-wrap-eddy-sidra-makes-his-return-to-the-no-1-ranked-u-of-a-lineup/

Archived