Josh Simpson recovering

TT5

Just read this article about Josh Simpson and his leg break. http://www.teamradio.ca/soccer/josh-simpson-talks-recovery-from-horrific-injury/

Looking forward to the interview on Sunday. Sounds like it might be pretty emotional. Hope he returns soon, but sounds like it might be until the fall or so. Could have really used him in Honduras with this Canada team. He always had tons of heart and talent.

Wishing him the best.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, so he's going to be out for the Gold Cup as well. That's rough, hopefully he'll be the same player if not it's a tragedy.

sounds like he'll be needing some sessions with a shrink to get his head back in the game too. going to be a rough for Simpson

^

Kinda hope he's just hamming it up a bit but yeah, a pretty dramatic event for anybody never mind an athlete so it's easy to imagine him being a bit gun shy. Once he's out and about on the pitch with some seriousness again he'll get over it all though, of that I'm sure.

Ug. Can't stand a hour in the hospital visiting, couldn't imagine a week anchored to the same room. Double ug.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone see. Any updates on Josh Simpson's road to recovery. He's been a favourite of mine ever since that goal against Burkina Faso and I hope to see him pull on the maple leaf yet again.

+1 Any news? Josh Simpson was probably my favourite Canadian player and now seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth following the injury.

+1 Any news? Josh Simpson was probably my favourite Canadian player and now seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth following the injury.

Trying to read Young boys news. I found out that Young Boys played their first friendly yesterday and Simpson wasn't involved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, anybody have anything new on Josh's recovery? I've been looking around trying to find new articles but all he is mentioned in is the injury report, and it just says he has a broken leg. Also, I would have to say the one downside of him playing in Switzerland is that it's extremely awkward typing "Young Boys" into a search bar... Makes me nervous.

Hey, anybody have anything new on Josh's recovery? I've been looking around trying to find new articles but all he is mentioned in is the injury report, and it just says he has a broken leg. Also, I would have to say the one downside of him playing in Switzerland is that it's extremely awkward typing "Young Boys" into a search bar... Makes me nervous.

I am also curious about this. I haven't been active in searching about it, but I have been curious when he will stage his comeback!

Young Boys wrote something on Josh's injury.

It says that the healing process was halted during the Fall of 2013, and that he got operated this past Winter. He doesn't feel pain since the end of April. He'll start training soon. They'll go step-by-step and see where it will take him.

EDIT: It is mentioned that he has acquired a Swiss Passport. (I wrote citizenship, but it's not the case)

http://www.bscyb.ch/news-detail.aspx?Navi=4&detail=5716

Josh still has a final year on his contract with Young Boys.

Young Boys wrote something on Josh's injury.

It says that the healing process was halted during the Fall of 2013, and that he got operated this past Winter. He doesn't feel pain since the end of April. He'll start training soon. They'll go step-by-step and see where it will take him.

EDIT: It is mentioned that he has acquired a Swiss Passport. (I wrote citizenship, but it's not the case)

http://www.bscyb.ch/news-detail.aspx?Navi=4&detail=5716

Josh still has a final year on his contract with Young Boys.

Thanks, good work!

It does say in the article that Josh is currently not thinking about staging a comeback and that he is taking everything day by day... Hopefully one day we will see him again in a competitive soccer match!

• 1 month later...

I wish him the best, but at this point i am not holding out much hope of seeing him make a comeback.

Back in December 2013:

“I’ll absolutely be ready for 2018 qualifying,” vowed Simpson.

I"ll hold him to his word. I think he can be ready for Fall 2015.

Archived