Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

Cant you just PVR a time and channel? That would solve the problem.

I always add an extra half hour. **** happens during live sports (like the lights going out) and PVR's notoriously cut off good stuff.

I guess i could pvr the games from 2-5 and then prime time sport from 5:30-6:00 then sportsnet conected from 6:00-7:00 and hope it all goes as planned but really NOT something i wanna screw with and miss. This is one of my sons biggest game (meaningfull wise) in my eyes and i'm a bit supersticious with certain things, which game shirt to wear, spot on the couch, holding emblem during anthem, and other qwirks so i need to see this live as i dont want to be held responsible if we lose ;) but will take full credit if we win...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess i could pvr the games from 2-5 and then prime time sport from 5:30-6:00 then sportsnet conected from 6:00-7:00 and hope it all goes as planned but really NOT something i wanna screw with and miss. This is one of my sons biggest game (meaningfull wise) in my eyes and i'm a bit supersticious with certain things, which game shirt to wear, spot on the couch, holding emblem during anthem, and other qwirks so i need to see this live as i dont want to be held responsible if we lose ;) but will take full credit if we win...

LOL.

Maybe you should dust off the old VCR, just to be safe!

I'm lost. Your son is playing in the game?

I am doing the same thing ... apparently I'm recording Germany vs. Sweden and PTS and then covering my butt by recording whatever is on Sportsnet West. You'd think they would be able to get this right.

I am doing the same thing ... apparently I'm recording Germany vs. Sweden and PTS and then covering my butt by recording whatever is on Sportsnet West. You'd think they would be able to get this right.

As i mentionned earlier, it's on Sportsnet1 at 9pm (listed) so if i miss it live at 4, i can hide in a closet till nine so i'm in the dark till start time. Then no text, no e-mail and no answering phones, for anybody durring the game. Think I'm gonna call bell... NSSoccer I'm Hainault's dad so trust me if the fans on this board are stressed and anxious... Walk a mile in my shoes.

As i mentionned earlier, it's on Sportsnet1 at 9pm (listed) so if i miss it live at 4, i can hide in a closet till nine so i'm in the dark till start time. Then no text, no e-mail and no answering phones, for anybody durring the game. Think I'm gonna call bell... NSSoccer I'm Hainault's dad so trust me if the fans on this board are stressed and anxious... Walk a mile in my shoes.

Yeah. I can't imagine! No sweat though. I have a good feeling. Unlike in most other similar situations we have been in before, Canada doesn't need to score. Luckily defending is our strong suit! Sure we have a few guys who could find the back of the net and some who have done it in Honduras before.......But we are fortress defensively when we don't have to open up to try to score.

Didn't have to since the game is at 5 here. BUT, I am suppose to drive 3.5 hours after work tonight to get to hotel in Halifax, for meetings tmr AM. Instead, will be driving while working (hopefully no one notices, I can still do work on the phone...) to make it there for 4. Enough time to check-in and make it to the bar!

I can't imagine that level of anxiety ... I have enough of my own but your situation takes it to a whole new level.

OTOH you must be incredibly proud. Andre is a beast!

Sorry to conflate things, but the Sportsnet website currently has the Canada-Honduras game listed on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific not on Sportsnet1. Does anyone have anything more definitive than that? I would hate for people to miss it because of the crappy and often erroneous listings on their channel guide. I PVRd everything on Sportsnet West and Sportsnet1 so I am covered and was under the impression the game was on Sportsnet1. If this is the case, why is it listed as the main Sportsnet channels on the website?

Additionally, they advertised on Fox Soccer News/SoccerCentral last night that it is on the main networks but that has been wrong in the past as well.

Clarification?

Sorry to conflate things, but the Sportsnet website currently has the Canada-Honduras game listed on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific not on Sportsnet1. Does anyone have anything more definitive than that? I would hate for people to miss it because of the crappy and often erroneous listings on their channel guide. I PVRd everything on Sportsnet West and Sportsnet1 so I am covered and was under the impression the game was on Sportsnet1. If this is the case, why is it listed as the main Sportsnet channels on the website?

Additionally, they advertised on Fox Soccer News/SoccerCentral last night that it is on the main networks but that has been wrong in the past as well.

Clarification?

Dobson's been tweeting like mad that it will be live on Sportsnest East, Ontario, West and Pacific at 4pm EST and 1pm PST.

Archived