Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rocky Motivational Speech, Voyageurs to CMNT version:

You ain’t gonna believe this, but you used to fit right here. (Gestures to the palm of his hand). I’d hold you up and say to Eurosnobs, ‘This team’s gonna be the best team in CONCACAF. This team’s gonna be better than anybody I ever knew.’ And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watchin’ you, every day was like a privilege. Then the time came for you to be your own men and take on the world, and you did in 1986. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you’re no good. And when things got hard, you started lookin’ for something to blame (Referees, Jack Warner, Travel, the CSA, Lack of funding) like a big shadow.

Let me tell you something you already know.CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as playing away games in CONCACAF. But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!

Now if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth! But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!

The Voyageurs are always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens.

YES! I begged my boss successfully and can come into work an hour late! WOOHOO! I'm watching the game!

Considering my job is coaching kids and stuff I feel sorry for them if I come into work after a loss! lol j/k I couldn't let that affect my job, but I'll be pretty sad! Just pumped I can watch live!

ok now it appears hockey is back anytime soon. If we make the hex this will be the best day EVER.

lol I could care less about hockey right now. I'd say more about the NHL and how I may be boycotting the season as a fan, but nobody (including me) really cares about that right now lol

I want to disagree with this, because I think most of the V's are pretty good about not spoiling results, but if we make it through I can't say I see everybody being able to restrain their jubilation. I'm dying of anticipation here...

when the page count jumps from oh 12 to 200+ you kind of will know something big has happened

Rocky Motivational Speech, Voyageurs to CMNT version:

I was reading that Bruce Wilson article on Sportsnet about how to play in CA and got me thinking, why didn't they have him and some of the guys from '86 fly down and give the team a pep talk this morning?

Its a blessing in disguise that Jazic will be missing tonight IMO. Klukowski and De Jong are both better options.

Is Kluko starting at left back then? I figured that might happen as most of us on here figure De Jong would start as a left winger before the news about Jazic came out. The only good thing about him being out is that we wont have to hear Dobson say what good shape hes in about five times.

starters; Hirschfeld, Klukowski, Hainault, McKenna, Edgar; Johnson, DeGuzman, Hutchinson, Ledgerwood; Ricketts, Jackson.

per Dobson's twitter

well by the looks of that... we are playing for a tie all the way. Ledgerwood...

well by the looks of that... we are playign for a tie all the way. Ledgerwood...

I don't like the 4-4-2, but Ledgerwood has been decent to good in every match he's played for Canada in 2012. He was an offensive threat against the USA; even scored a goal that should have counted.

Archived