Canada announces roster for Belarus match

loyola

The only thing that concerns me is sure Julian is scoring in the lower leagues in Italy but I don't believe the lower leagues in Italy compare to the lower leagues in England and Germany (3rd division) the attendances in those 3rd divisions are even higher than some Serie B teams. Crotone's stadium holds >10k for example while Occean's kickers offenbach has a 26,500 capacity, attendance plays a major part in quality of sides.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing that concerns me is sure Julian is scoring in the lower leagues in Italy but I don't believe the lower leagues in Italy compare to the lower leagues in England and Germany (3rd division) the attendances in those 3rd divisions are even higher than some Serie B teams. Crotone's stadium holds >10k for example while Occean's kickers offenbach has a 26,500 capacity, attendance plays a major part in quality of sides.

Point taken but with that concern how do you justify the inclusion of Jackson, Edgar, Stalteri etc who are plying their trades in lower division reserve leagues where attendances may number in the couple of hundreds?

Point taken but with that concern how do you justify the inclusion of Jackson, Edgar, Stalteri etc who are plying their trades in lower division reserve leagues where attendances may number in the couple of hundreds?

I don't think any of those players play reserve matches, Edgar maybe but I don't agree with the inclusion of Edgar or Stalteri and they play different positions

To get this thread back on track:

Issey Nakajima-Farran is seemingly on his way to Antalya to join the camp.

One would imagine he is filling in for an injured attacking player, but I have no more info at this point.

Are you going to Antalya?

Belarus squad :

Chief national coach Bernd Strange has announced the list of players due to participate in the qualifying round of the championship match of Euro 2012 qualifier against Albania, which will be held March 26 in Tirana, and in a friendly against Canada, which will be held March 29 in Antalya (Turkey).

Goalkeepers: Yuri Zhevnov (Zenit St Petersburg, Russia), Anton Amelchenko (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Sergei Veremko (Sevastopol, Ukraine)

Defenders: Igor ****ov, Aleksandr Yurevich (both - BATE Borisov), Sergei Sosnowski (Tom Tomsk, Russia), Maxim Zhavnerchik (Kuban Krasnodar, Russia), Alexander Martynovich (Krasnodar, Russia), Sergei Omelyanchuk (Terek Grozny, Russia), Dmitry Molosh (Krylia Sovetov Samara, Russia), Dennis Polyakov (Shakhtsyor Salihorsk).

Midfielders: Aleksandr Kulchy (Krasnodar Kuban, Russia), Sergei Kislyak (Rubin Kazan, Russia), Jan Tigorev (Tom Tomsk, Russia), Alexander Bychenok (Dynamo Minsk), Sergei Kryvets (Lech Poznan, Poland ), Anton Putilo (Freiburg, Germany), Alexander Hleb (Birmingham, England), Maxim Bordachev (BATE Borisov), Vyacheslav Hleb (Dynamo Minsk).

Forwards: Vitaly Kutuzov (Bari, Italy), Leonid Kovel (Dynamo Minsk).

To participate in a friendly against Canada, also called Timothy Kalachev (Rostov, Russia) and Sergei Kornilenko (Blackpool, England).

To get this thread back on track:

Issey Nakajima-Farran is seemingly on his way to Antalya to join the camp.

One would imagine he is filling in for an injured attacking player, but I have no more info at this point.

\

Replacing Jonathan Bourgault, according to the CSA Twitter.

Once again, I find myself defending Friend, and now even Hart...

Friend is a header of the ball... the fact he isn't scoring is the result of the midfield being often poor in possession..

as a result he ends up coming back to the midfield to help out something neither OO

or Gerba have done, that I have seen...

OO and Gerba are poachers... IE one dimensional...

Friend works hard... and play with passion, he also draws attention in the box... leaving space

for guys like Simpson and Jackson to make moves i.e. Simpson's goal vs Honduras

With Gerba or OO in front of net that goal does not happen period.. .and not because of Robbie's hand ball ;)

Friend creates a presence that demands attention, this creates space for the other players to attack... and there is no other forward on the MNT who has that effect... not Hume, Gerba, OO, and certainly not Simpson or Jackson...

And Hart.. .who has a better football brain than any of us.. understands this as does.... Arsenal... Liverpool (with Torres) and a host of either teams..

The 1 in a 351, creates space and havoc through speed (DJ Campell, or size Crouch, Friend)

allowing the over lap from the midfield.. the fact that Simpson and Jackson, and Hutch are scoring, is precisely because Friend is doing his job, and that is why he is being consistently called up... learn the game before you post (Period)

The 1 in a 351, creates space and havoc through speed (DJ Campell, or size Crouch, Friend)

allowing the over lap from the midfield.. the fact that Simpson and Jackson, and Hutch are scoring, is precisely because Friend is doing his job, and that is why he is being consistently called up... learn the game before you post (Period)

Problem is he also has a 1 in 351 chance of scoring, strictly statistically speaking.

Glad that Issey is being called as a replacement - not sure is he is an appropriate straight swap for JBB, but he is fairly close and well known to Hart.

Not a prediction but a "dare-to-dream" line-up on my part:

----------Simpson--------------------------

-----------------Nakajima------------------

Johnson---Hutchinson---Pacheco-----Jackson

Klukowski ------ Hainault---McKenna--Peters

--------------Hirschfeld---------------------

Trying to utilise the guys who actually play at club level is admittedly a difficult proposition.

No point bringing in Lars to back-up, but it is on odd situation given that Milan is set to start the GC.

Subs depending on if we are ahead (Edgar/Ledgerwood for Pacheco/Johnson) or behind (Ricketts for Nakajima, Friend for Simpson).

Straith for Mckenna at some point as he is prob not at 100% fitness.

Stalteri to assist coaches and to civilly pass out water bottles.

Hope Hart shows some moxie with his subs and formation - if this is another 4-5-1 with Friend up top up I'm gonna lose my rag.

Not a prediction but a "dare-to-dream" line-up on my part:

----------Simpson--------------------------

-----------------Nakajima------------------

Johnson---Hutchinson---Pacheco-----Jackson

Klukowski ------ Hainault---McKenna--Peters

--------------Hirschfeld---------------------

Trying to utilise the guys who actually play at club level is admittedly a difficult proposition.

No point bringing in Lars to back-up, but it is on odd situation given that Milan is set to start the GC.

Subs depending on if we are ahead (Edgar/Ledgerwood for Pacheco/Johnson) or behind (Ricketts for Nakajima, Friend for Simpson).

Straith for Mckenna at some point as he is prob not at 100% fitness.

Stalteri to assist coaches and to civilly pass out water bottles.

Hope Hart shows some moxie with his subs and formation - if this is another 4-5-1 with Friend up top up I'm gonna lose my rag.

I would use almost the exact same players except this.

Nakajima on the left, Johnson as an holding midfielder and Hutch has a attacking midfielder. I would put Edgar instead of Hainault. The CB position is one where we don't have guys with playing time at that particular position. (Isn't Hainault a left back at Houston?)

451, lol my bad...

as far as Simpson up front... please.. he lacks the presence... honestly...

club success doesn't necessarily translate to international success

look at Messi in the last world cup... he wilted without

his Barcelona team (almost all Spaniards) there to feed him the ball.

And it was Spain who won... with a team made up primarily of his Barcelona teammates...

many teams play 451... and right now Friend may not be the best 1 but he is still the best we have... and frankly our results in the last four have not been that bad with him there... I would even venture to say if he started against greece we might have at least tied because OO was a ghost

Rob Friend played well against Honduras last September. The striker is not really that good but he needs to help the players around him like Josh, Simeon and Atiba. For exemple, at the FIFA World Cup, RvP scored just one goal. He did create a lot to help Sneijder, Robben and company to give them opportunities to score.

Rob Friend played well against Honduras last September. The striker is not really that good but he needs to help the players around him like Josh, Simeon and Atiba. For exemple, at the FIFA World Cup, RvP scored just one goal. He did create a lot to help Sneijder, Robben and company to give them opportunities to score.

I agree.. he has never recovered his form from a few years ago...

Moreover... I think he does help... though he lacks the athleticism at this point to play back to his own box like RvP, or Berbatov and Rooney for Man U...

Though if he were a bit younger he might.

he understands that his role as a Striker is about more than just scoring.

Hopefully his hard work will be rewarded with a goal (as he should have been against Honduras had he not been basically body checked on the goal line)

I don't remember Rob having a good game against Honduras. Apart from being involved in the goal he was loosing possession too easily for my liking. Anyways, he's there now and I hope he plays well against Belarus.

Here's who I would start:

Borjan

Peters--Mckenna--Edgar--Kluka

------Johnson--Pacheco------

Jackson-----Atiba--------Simpson

---------Friend------------------

^ Loyola's line-up is pretty what I'm hoping for, except that I see Lars in goal (since Borjan got to play the Greece game).

If Edgar gets to play CB (as I want to see), I think he and Hainault split 45 mins each, so it doesn't really matter which one of the two starts. I would like to see them both play (maybe even at the expense of some of McKenna's playing time).

Archived