Canada announces roster for Belarus match

loyola

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/\ /\ He did have lots of playing time before injury, maybe that what he meant but not now he could never be considered nor would he except. He is a 90 minute player not 30 or 40. If he can not play those minutes if he was asked too he will decline any offer,. and to get 90 minutes back in his legs it will take him 2 months from april 14th to get them up to steam by then season is over. so he will resume back in Crotone in July.

And keegan he will not score this year if that make you feel any better

thats why im pissed at these comments so ease off.

ThiKu, I do know that Uccello had a cough that was impeding his recent playing time, as per BigBirds updates. My comment was more on a general scale as I can see why he was not called for Belarus (injury), however, from what I recall (correct me if I am wrong) he was no where in the conversation for possible call ups for the Greece game and most were not impressed that Friend got the call again.

I'll just say this about Julian. Stephen Hart wanted Terry Dunfield to play in a "better" league than League Two if he wanted to be called up again. I don't know the level of the Lega Pro 2nd division, but it's a 4th tier league. If Julian was scoring like he did 2 years ago, I think he would be in the conversation. But he's not scoring, and Hart thinks a Rob Friend that plays 2 minutes per game in a second division that has some experience in the top leagues in Germany and Holland is still better than a guy like Uccello who has played at the Serie B as his "highest level". I'm not saying Rob Friend is better than Julian. I don't know. I never saw Julian play TBH.

Don't get me wrong BigBird I've watched a whole Crotone match before just to see if he would get on, I want your son to succeed but you have to be realistic don't give me this "you don't know anything about football" he hasn't been playing, hasn't been capped and most of his professional minutes have come at a level lower than our other pool strikers you have to respect the fact that people aren't going to be throwing your sons name in the conversation. We have successful strikers at the moment, so much so that Iain Hume and Olivier Occean two players who have scored at a good pace at a higher level have been left out of this squad. If what many think Hart is going to do (put Simpson) up top then the competition just got even tougher and we've yet to see Ali G.

I would definitely rather see Uccello than Friend with the national team, just because we know Friend hasn't got it whereas Uccello might, and he's proven in his career that he's worth keeping an eye on. But that doesn't mean I think Uccello is "the answer".

i can tell by your stupid message by the word EVEN score this year i not going there you know nothing about football.

If he was healthy he would have and be leading the scoring title you jerk now bugger off you busting them

Unfortunately he has not as he has been strugglin with an injury to his arm. Casale do not want to cause any problems with loan agreement and conditions attached of his loan from Serie B team Crotone, so he is out for one month till april 14th. Julian suffered a impact blow with cleets has not played since after the first game of his loan in January. He saw limited time tried but was not able to help in his condition and was getting worse he wanted to play but doctors put a stop to it so unless cleared by the doctors to go ahead no games.

I know its hard but try not to take these comments personal. I know he is your son but your reply is a little out of line and I feel like Keegan's question is a valid one. We are looking at your son as we do any other player, and in my eyes at this moment he probably should'nt get a call. I hope he gets healthy gets a ton of minutes and starts scoring a ton of goals and swiftly moves up league ranks and hopefully gets a fair look in the MNT.

no Keegan your wrong and all you can see in front of your nose is IMpact and MLS

I know more then you think I'm in it. and i can read between your lines but I want you to look like the idot not me or littlebird.

Julian has won two titles one in his division as top goal scorer and youngest player ever to win a scoring title in Italy at the age 20/21. He also in 4 years straight was leading goal scorer for his team producing himself 30% 42% 38% 43% of the total output of the teams goals. Teams that where bottom table, which in my opinion is even harder to do. He practically saved Savona from relegation back in 2003/2004 on his own at the age of 18 scoring 50% of the team total goals with 16 one short of the record for the team ever in 105 Years history.

He did it again with Casale where he was noted the highest goal scorer ever for a team that has been in exist stance since the early 1900. 2 players combined the highest scoring dual as well Julian with 24 goals 38% of the 61 goals total and Zenga with 14, 22% never done,.

“But yet you think he is not good enough to be talked about”.

Ever since he has left Canada nobody has never taken that title away from the age of 12 every year winning it.

And by the way while I'm at it, He was leading goal scorer in the same league in the same season in the oysl playing in one team scoring 41 goals and the other 2 years older as a guest player in 6 games netted 16 goals

a total combined 57 goals in one season 22 games.,

“But yet you think he is not good enough to be talked about”..

Secondly he has never been given a chance in the u17, u20, u23 senior men’s, to represent his talents. Which is fine its not our choice nor his but let me tell you we are proud parents of both little bird and to be CANADIAN.

I am at the very very disappointed. And I do now believe this even if Julian was to make it to Serie A you still think . he is not good enough to be talked about

And by the way I’m not saying you and or anyone must talk about him every friggen time, but at the least you cannot ignore him with the work he has done for himself as a canadian to get where he is, and really with out anyone help of any U17 U20 U23 or MENS TEAM if you think about it.

HE WILL CONTINUE HIS DREAM of being that player in Serie A he wants to be and one day to play for Canada and score tons of goals for them and go after Steven Hart record of goals scored for a men's team.

Issued Closed done I said my peace as I see it and only me.

no Keegan your wrong and all you can see in front of your nose is IMpact and MLS

I know more then you think I'm in it. and i can read between your lines but I want you to look like the idot not me or littlebird.

Julian has won two titles one in his division as top goal scorer and youngest player ever to win a scoring title in Italy at the age 20/21. He also in 4 years straight was leading goal scorer for his team producing himself 30% 42% 38% 43% of the total output of the teams goals. Teams that where bottom table, which in my opinion is even harder to do. He practically saved Savona from relegation back in 2003/2004 on his own at the age of 18 scoring 50% of the team total goals with 16 one short of the record for the team ever in 105 Years history.

He did it again with Casale where he was noted the highest goal scorer ever for a team that has been in exist stance since the early 1900. 2 players combined the highest scoring dual as well Julian with 24 goals 38% of the 61 goals total and Zenga with 14, 22% never done,.

“But yet you think he is not good enough to be talked about”.

Ever since he has left Canada nobody has never taken that title away from the age of 12 every year winning it.

And by the way while I'm at it, He was leading goal scorer in the same league in the same season in the oysl playing in one team scoring 41 goals and the other 2 years older as a guest player in 6 games netted 16 goals

a total combined 57 goals in one season 22 games.,

“But yet you think he is not good enough to be talked about”..

Secondly he has never been given a chance in the u17, u20, u23 senior men’s, to represent his talents. Which is fine its not our choice nor his but let me tell you we are proud parents of both little bird and to be CANADIAN.

I am at the very very disappointed. And I do now believe this even if Julian was to make it to Serie A you still think . he is not good enough to be talked about

And by the way I’m not saying you and or anyone must talk about him every friggen time, but at the least you cannot ignore him with the work he has done for himself as a canadian to get where he is, and really with out anyone help of any U17 U20 U23 or MENS TEAM if you think about it.

HE WILL CONTINUE HIS DREAM of being that player in Serie A he wants to be and one day to play for Canada and score tons of goals for them and go after Steven Hart record of goals scored for a men's team.

Issued Closed done I said my peace as I see it and only me.

Trying to make me look like an idiot for having an opinion? Wow I respected you but your name seems to be well earned

Ya hopefully he breaks Stephen Hart's record

I know its hard but try not to take these comments personal. I know he is your son but your reply is a little out of line and I feel like Keegan's question is a valid one. We are looking at your son as we do any other player, and in my eyes at this moment he probably should'nt get a call. I hope he gets healthy gets a ton of minutes and starts scoring a ton of goals and swiftly moves up league ranks and hopefully gets a fair look in the MNT.

Im not asking for him to get a called are you reading my lines or are you just passing wind. his message was clear in his post, this is not a MNT thing it is personal against this forum and myself just tired of this **** ..... thats all and he does not have to move in ranks he is in the ranks already just not Serie A yet

Im not asking for him to get a called are you reading my lines or are you just passing wind. his message was clear in his post, this is not a MNT thing it is personal against this forum and myself just tired of this **** ..... thats all and he does not have to move in ranks he is in the ranks already just not Serie A yet

If we're willing to call up League 1 and League 2 strikers, I don't see why we can't be calling up someone who is nominally with a Serie B side and really playing in Serie C1/C2?. After all, it's about the equivalent level of talent of League 1 or League 2 (C1/C2 that is).

People keep mentioning McCallum in other threads, but if McCallum is worthy of calling, than Uccello definitely is.

If I were Uccello, I'd be thinking long and hard about coming home in time to find a spot with the expansion Impact in time for the 2012 MLS season. A place with the Impact or TFC in MLS would only help his career and his chances with the MNT.

Will be difficult to give up on his Serie A dream but reality is a ***** that must be accepted at some point. He needs to find his level sooner than later.

If I were Uccello, I'd be thinking long and hard about coming home in time to find a spot with the expansion Impact in time for the 2012 MLS season. A place with the Impact or TFC in MLS would only help his career and his chances with the MNT.

Will be difficult to give up on his Serie A dream but reality is a ***** that must be accepted at some point. He needs to find his level sooner than later.

He could still come back be successful with Montreal and always go back to Serie A, Im sure Serie A teams would take notice of a guy who used to score in the lower divisions and then made a name for himself back home, being an international as you said would definitely get him noticed too.

There is no need for neither Bigbird nor Keegan to argue over something that is basically both of yours opinion. This game is all about opinions and there is no right or wrong. One thing that doesnt lie is stats and as bigbird has mentioned Julian has proven that he has the best success rate as a striker for all of Canada. There is no other Canadian professional player playing that has a better scoring rate than Julian. Now that being said Julian is playing at a equivelant to a League 1 level in England. So basically the level he is playing at is much easier to score than a first division in most countries but that still dosent mean that he only scored a few goals, he managed to lead his team in scoring with double figures. Now I'm not biased nor do I have any ties to anyone but I can tell you that I am coach who is striving to bring Canadian soccer to higher standard. And judging from the players being called for national camps, spefically the divisions some of them play out of are at the same level as Julians club. So I dont see why he shouldnt be given an opportunity. Here in Canada we tend to overlook the more technical players and I've seen Julian play as a youngster and he has great technical ability and very clever off the ball. I respect whatever decision Hart makes but us supporters must respect one another and especially to those that are involved in trying to make a difference for our country. Julian is on the right path and he should continue to chase his dream.

Have to agree. When Uccello is healthy he deserves a good run out with the CMNT. Right now he is ill or recovering and should not get called-up due to lower minutes in the last 3 months (it appears). BUT, if healthy and playing ahead of the Gold Cup....why not put him on the roster?

And yes, I would agree - he should try and catch on with any of the Canadian MLS sides if his Serie B dream isn't being satisfied, let alone Serie A.

How many times has McCallum been called up and how many minutes did he get? Vice versa for Uccello? I don't think either should be getting too many minutes or callups until they can be established at higher levels.

If Julian has a dream to play in the serie A and thinks that working his way up the Italian ladder is the best way then so be it, I wish him the best of luck and will cheer for him every step of the way. Realistically though until he is healthy and solidified in at least Serie B then his national team chances will suffer as should other players playing in a 3rd division or lower.

He needs to show what he can do at a comparable level to other players within the national team setup in order to beat them out, where he has been and where he is up to this point is not high enough in my eyes and its completely fair that he has'nt gotten a shake for the MNT, other levels of Canadian national teams I cannot comment on. You do not have to accept what I have to say, but understand that I say these things with no bias and I truely would like nothing more than for your son to be successful at club and national team level.

Sometimes it's just better to play the in form player, especially in the striker position! A striker relies an awful lot on confidence and when the goals start going in for them it is habit forming no matter what level they are playing at! Conversely we've all seen what can happen to strikers when they go "off the boil"! I know Little Bird is having injury/sickness problems at the moment but when he is bagging goals at a regular pace why not give him a chance to prove himself for the MNT? This is not a knock on any of our Canadians but some of the players called are getting next to no minutes in the English Championship so they are essentially playing for the reserves of the Championship when they do play, I don't think that would be considered a higher standard than Series C!

After this lets get back to the orginal topic please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree brennanfan

That option is always open on a loan maybe. It would be up to Crotone thou, I would love to see him during a summer off season to play here. With either White caps, or TFC. its funny watching the first game of the Whitecaps Hassi is exactly the player Julian is and style. What a signing on this player for the CAPS he will do well and will be up there in the scoring title. (perfect pair? maybe). but at this moment and time his dream is still alive and very close to achieve in the the next 3 to 4 years. But thanks for asking.

Champs agreed. take it out of this forum no need!

Thiku

He is completely satisfied with Crotone of the Serie B.......Crotone has always been up front and fair with Julian. There is no question he is in their plans for the next 3 years as they clearly explained to him up front as their primary striker in 2 years .. Look maybe you need some understanding of this. In most of Europe as no different in Italy they just do not use strikers or other positions for the fun of things, as they do in the MLS where the pool is minimum and they tend use very young players at the wrong time in full games as supply is low , Here in most of Europe if you look at most club teams you will find 3 to 4 very experienced strikers of age. 1 in the late 20’s , 2 in mid 20’s and maybe 1 under the age of 23 that is is capable and experienced for a 45 minute half or more . Now depending if that players is a player on loan from another team or if he belong to the club. If the player belong to that club like Uccello they will loan him out to another team in a lower division it does not matter where as long the club get $$$ on the signing for that player and he will play 90 minutes logically otherwise why pay for his loan. Look Julian had 5 request in total in the Jan market 2 from C1 and 3 from C2. He choose his team he played with in the past simple and why not he could have played in C1 and not where he is now. Crotone did not care it was his choice 100%. The concerns in this case are if that player has no requests from any clubs they are released before you can say BOO or just let the contract run out and they give him a release then. Now if that player belongs from another club and he is on loan to Crotone let say, they will keep him over Julian as they get more $$$$$$ to keep him there and pay salaries of players on their team. Further if he should play in a game they get even more coin. When Uccello comes of age he will replace the experienced striker that plays for Crotone now and he will get full games just like the other player he took over the spot or by that time he has establish a market worth and decide if they should keep him or sell him.; etc etc.

if you look at the players that are playing in Europe under the age of 23 all of them are experiencing lack playing time unless out on loan, this is normal and until that player reaches those mid 25 that's the way it is but it does not mean they are not good or do not desecrve a chance it is the way it is. It like to going to the army you cannot become a captain of a group unless you experience the transfer of powers from being a simple soldier to becoming a captain of a group.

if you where to list those players you understand and see the pool of Canadians in similar situation and factual. Its a wider market in Europe then the MLS plus one that has meaning attached to it. And that is a passion of not being relegation first and most and a duty of performance to win by a club to excel at the highest possible level. For the player he has to demo it day in and day out. Unlike the MLS league that has no relegation therefore a signing of a player means nothing to the fans other then just on a team year after year. Sure the winning is a passion for any MLS team but if they did relegate teams trust me they be more careful on every signing of player and the use of that player.

Villus

I always liked him and admire his ambition to start somewhere he will be there soon he is a very talent young man and will be in the running a experienced striker or attacker. But please remember this is not a MNT thing i am talking about that i am upset about Julian not being called to this next game. It the comments that I read without his name not mentioned that kringes my thoughts reading this stuff from this forum. He has been injured for 1 month and none of you even open a small door for me to tell you that after all the work he has done pisses me off. That I had to bring him up .

I will repeat this over and over only one person can make those selection and that is MR. HART end of story and if he does not choose him that is perfectly ok with Julian first of all, and secondly with anyone of our family as well LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR> as I said before Julian could become a Serie A player down the road a even a good player in B and still no call and our position will never change. its a fact of life it happens to many in players around the world///// so lets move on.

I will repeat this over and over only one person can make those selection and that is MR. HART end of story

Agreed. Perhaps another manager would see differently, perhaps not.

Julian, like Hume or Issey, just need to keep working hard at their clubs and producing the goods. Control the things they can control and let the chips fall where they may.

Thiku

He is completely satisfied with Crotone of the Serie B.......Crotone has always been up front and fair with Julian. There is no question he is in their plans for the next 3 years as they clearly explained to him up front as their primary striker in 2 years .. Look maybe you need some understanding of this. In most of Europe as no different in Italy they just do not use strikers or other positions for the fun of things, as they do in the MLS where the pool is minimum and they tend use very young players at the wrong time in full games as supply is low , Here in most of Europe if you look at most club teams you will find 3 to 4 very experienced strikers of age. 1 in the late 20’s , 2 in mid 20’s and maybe 1 under the age of 23 that is is capable and experienced for a 45 minute half or more . Now depending if that players is a player on loan from another team or if he belong to the club. If the player belong to that club like Uccello they will loan him out to another team in a lower division it does not matter where as long the club get $$$ on the signing for that player and he will play 90 minutes logically otherwise why pay for his loan. Look Julian had 5 request in total in the Jan market 2 from C1 and 3 from C2. He choose his team he played with in the past simple and why not he could have played in C1 and not where he is now. Crotone did not care it was his choice 100%. The concerns in this case are if that player has no requests from any clubs they are released before you can say BOO or just let the contract run out and they give him a release then. Now if that player belongs from another club and he is on loan to Crotone let say, they will keep him over Julian as they get more $$$$$$ to keep him there and pay salaries of players on their team. Further if he should play in a game they get even more coin. When Uccello comes of age he will replace the experienced striker that plays for Crotone now and he will get full games just like the other player he took over the spot or by that time he has establish a market worth and decide if they should keep him or sell him.; etc etc.

if you look at the players that are playing in Europe under the age of 23 all of them are experiencing lack playing time unless out on loan, this is normal and until that player reaches those mid 25 that's the way it is but it does not mean they are not good or do not desecrve a chance it is the way it is. It like to going to the army you cannot become a captain of a group unless you experience the transfer of powers from being a simple soldier to becoming a captain of a group.

if you where to list those players you understand and see the pool of Canadians in similar situation and factual. Its a wider market in Europe then the MLS plus one that has meaning attached to it. And that is a passion of not being relegation first and most and a duty of performance to win by a club to excel at the highest possible level. For the player he has to demo it day in and day out. Unlike the MLS league that has no relegation therefore a signing of a player means nothing to the fans other then just on a team year after year. Sure the winning is a passion for any MLS team but if they did relegate teams trust me they be more careful on every signing of player and the use of that player.

Maybe you can just write a book and sell it to the library??? What exactly is it that makes you believe I don't understand the differences between Euro soccer and MLS, promotion/relegation and no promotion/relegation!??? You sound like a typical Euro-soccer snob, addressing the dumb Canadians. Treat people with a modicum of respect and you might be engaged in the conversation you are wanting.

As I said, Julian deserves a call-up when he is playing and if he is scoring. As right now he appears to be playing at a level similar to McCallum. McCallum really isn't exactly a first-choice selection for the CMNT though is he?

I think one also needs to move on from this "He is a Serie B player who happens to be playing on loan at a lower level" attitude. Crotone may very well have plans for Julian to be their main striker and I truly truly hope this comes to fruition. Not just for Julian but also for the CMNT. When it happens, it happens, and until then Julian needs to prove his worth. And yes, absolutely, the CMNT can't be turning away a Serie B player.

It'd be interesting to find out exactly why Hume doesn't fit into Hart's plans and formation tactics. You'd expect that when a guy gets hot you'd want him in your lineup to try and take advantage of the momentum. As for Ali, he's still in preseason. If he shows well for the Impact in the early stages of the NASL season, I'd expect a call up for him for the Gold Cup. Till then, not seeing his name on the roster selection isn't that big a deal to me.

It'd be interesting to find out exactly why Hume doesn't fit into Hart's plans and formation tactics. You'd expect that when a guy gets hot you'd want him in your lineup to try and take advantage of the momentum. As for Ali, he's still in preseason. If he shows well for the Impact in the early stages of the NASL season, I'd expect a call up for him for the Gold Cup. Till then, not seeing his name on the roster selection isn't that big a deal to me.

Assuming he played in all of Canada's games at the 2005, 2007 and 2009 Gold Cup's then his strike rate would be 50% of games played, unbelievable really. That statistic is more impressive than his overall strike rate because he did score 4 over the 2 game set with St. VAG in 2008 IIRC.

Assuming he played in all of Canada's games at the 2005, 2007 and 2009 Gold Cup's then his strike rate would be 50% of games played, unbelievable really. That statistic is more impressive than his overall strike rate because he did score 4 over the 2 game set with St. VAG in 2008 IIRC.

Yup no doubt Ali is a player who can turn it on for a few weeks

I say hart should call up Uccello for the next match since Friend had his chances especially that header that went wide against greece. I always saw Friend as a peter crouch type of player but he cant hold possession like crouch can so he needs a great delivery. We need a striker who can carry the ball in if Uccello is not the answer Hart should do some more scouting. Ocean did not impress me against greece, Lets see how Ricketts does againsta a mediocre opponnent

Archived