Guest uno

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What type of player is he?

tenacious, nice tackler, nice long pass, good acceleration, futsal technique(had a couple of cool joggles in last Reserves game), in every game he played for 1st Team he tried a shot on goal from deep

There is room for tactical improvement, especially defensive tactics. When attacking he's very intelligent, though.

watch clips on youtube

But, i must say, they have about 2-3k of their supporters every game when playing away! That is because of fully-paid charter jets (is this correct in English?) for their supporters.

BTW. We had an attendance of 17k people yesterday, in the pouring rain, second team from bottom, and our stadium was once, in 2004, most visited stadium in Eastern Europe with 24k spectators for average.

You must be very proud that they upset Dinamo :) and yes, charter jets is correct.

TFCRegina , buckley17 thanks for that

Buckley17 I think you should've asked him to register on V's forum or Twitter to post updates :)

I can't believe that this player was never on any of the youth national teams, U17,U20, incredible. I'm not even sure he was on the Ontario provincial team which at the moment there is only one age group for the provincial team and I think it's at the U15 age group. However, I think I may know why, it's mainly because of the setup. From what I know in coaching youth soccer, at the U11 age group district teams are formed and it is from these district teams that U12 regional teams are formed. Therefore, if you do not make the district team at U11 or make the district team but you don't make the regional team at U12 you are out of the loop, forgotten. It's from the regional teams that the U15 provincial team is formed and it's from the different provincial teams that the U17 national team is formed, therefore, if you follow the current process a player's main chance to make the U17 national team is when he is 11 years old, because if you don't make the district and then regional team you have no way of making the U17 national teams. You can imagine how many players are forgotten. Many players develope later but because they are not on any of the provinvial teams they don't get noticed. I have coached some high level youth teams, but you think I have ever seen a provincial coach or even one of the age level national coaches scouting our league, not even the regional coaches come out to scout. Joseph DiChiara played on a top ranked club team in a very high level youth league a team that won an Ontario Championship but you think anyone noticed him, just incredible. The way the system is set up now many kids are never scouted and fall by the wayside, and then you wonder why a country with so many kids that play does not produce more players, we do but many players go unoticed and give up. Joseph was one of the lucky ones that was able to make a European club team in a decent league and now there was no way they could not have noticed.

I can't believe that this player was never on any of the youth national teams, U17,U20, incredible. I'm not even sure he was on the Ontario provincial team which at the moment there is only one age group for the provincial team and I think it's at the U15 age group. However, I think I may know why, it's mainly because of the setup. From what I know in coaching youth soccer, at the U11 age group district teams are formed and it is from these district teams that U12 regional teams are formed. Therefore, if you do not make the district team at U11 or make the district team but you don't make the regional team at U12 you are out of the loop, forgotten. It's from the regional teams that the U15 provincial team is formed and it's from the different provincial teams that the U17 national team is formed, therefore, if you follow the current process a player's main chance to make the U17 national team is when he is 11 years old, because if you don't make the district and then regional team you have no way of making the U17 national teams. You can imagine how many players are forgotten. Many players develope later but because they are not on any of the provinvial teams they don't get noticed. I have coached some high level youth teams, but you think I have ever seen a provincial coach or even one of the age level national coaches scouting our league, not even the regional coaches come out to scout. Joseph DiChiara played on a top ranked club team in a very high level youth league a team that won an Ontario Championship but you think anyone noticed him, just incredible. The way the system is set up now many kids are never scouted and fall by the wayside, and then you wonder why a country with so many kids that play does not produce more players, we do but many players go unoticed and give up. Joseph was one of the lucky ones that was able to make a European club team in a decent league and now there was no way they could not have noticed.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the CSA... From Joseph's recent interview with rednationonline.com re: playing for Canada in the past.

"I wasn't disappointed. I just figured that they didn't think I was good enough. Before going to Russia, I hadn't played on any big teams or anything that would really get Canada to notice me. Coming to Russia I guess has made the Canadian Team notice."

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the CSA... From Joseph's recent interview with rednationonline.com re: playing for Canada in the past.

"I wasn't disappointed. I just figured that they didn't think I was good enough. Before going to Russia, I hadn't played on any big teams or anything that would really get Canada to notice me. Coming to Russia I guess has made the Canadian Team notice."

Yes but the other poster is correct that there are problems within the system. One of the reasons DiChiara never played on provincial or national rep teams was that many of these programs are not free and his parents did not have the money to pay for them. The national coaches can't be expected to scout every league but there needs to be a better system of scouting at regional and provincial levels so more players like DiChiara are brought to the attention of the national coaches. DiChiara was lucky in the sense that he had a coach who believed in him AND who had connections in Europe. In the vast majority of cases like DiChiara the player never has an opportunity to show what he can do and stops playing or continues only as an amateur. Many of these players may be as talented as DiChiara. There will always be a few who slip through the cracks even in a good system but our current system more or less guarantees this will happen regularly.

Archived