Guest uno

Watching the game. Is Spartak seriously playing Andriy Tikhonov? What year is it? Is Eisenhower still president?

He's a playing coach for SM and it's his farewell game ) he's forty, but still plays better than most our players, lol

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What concerns me more about this lad is that although some are encouraged that he is aware the CSA is monitoring him, by all accounts he hasn't been contacted directly by Hart. If I'm wrong, then please disregard but, despite the eager optimism of most posters here, I look at the facts on the table, fully cognizant of our long and troubled past, and see an incredibly high chance of mismanagement.

- Joseph has been overlooked at the provincial level

- Joseph has been overlooked by every national program

- Joseph has impression that his lack of funds and contacts factored into his being overlooked

- Joseph is breaking into the top tier of a top European league despite lack of national support, funds, etc. presumably on pure ability

- Joseph is young and playing a position filled by aging players at the ends of careers (JDG, Dunfield, Bernier, etc)

- Joseph reads lists for Canadian WCQ squads filled in many cases with players from second and third tier leagues well below his current level of play

- every national team program in the world is on the look-out for even the faintest chance to poach the next up and coming and currently unattached young stars

If I'm Hart I'm negotiating with the CSA for a special stipend to meet with him in person and I'm also bringing him into the squad at the earliest mutually convenient date, October if at all possible

I don't understand why they don't give him reserve minutes if he's just going to be an unused sub..

Why do we have "dead" wingers play every game ?

why do we play with 2 forwards against teams who are much better ? why not play 4-5-1 with 3 CM's in such games? and try to earn at least 1 point for a draw ?

why our defenders keep making stupid mistakes every game ?

why do we play second half better aganst strong teams, and still can't score ?

why we don't have an attacking midfielder in games against weak opponents?

why one of our best attacking players keeps playing for Reserves and not given a chance in First team ?

I look at these questions our fans keep asking and the fact that some players (not only Joseph) who are better than Reserves and not First team yet, don't get match practice seems least surprising in the sequence of weird and illogical decisions from head coach

What concerns me more about this lad is that although some are encouraged that he is aware the CSA is monitoring him, by all accounts he hasn't been contacted directly by Hart. If I'm wrong, then please disregard but, despite the eager optimism of most posters here, I look at the facts on the table, fully cognizant of our long and troubled past, and see an incredibly high chance of mismanagement.

- Joseph has been overlooked at the provincial level

- Joseph has been overlooked by every national program

- Joseph has impression that his lack of funds and contacts factored into his being overlooked

- Joseph is breaking into the top tier of a top European league despite lack of national support, funds, etc. presumably on pure ability

- Joseph is young and playing a position filled by aging players at the ends of careers (JDG, Dunfield, Bernier, etc)

- Joseph reads lists for Canadian WCQ squads filled in many cases with players from second and third tier leagues well below his current level of play

- every national team program in the world is on the look-out for even the faintest chance to poach the next up and coming and currently unattached young stars

If I'm Hart I'm negotiating with the CSA for a special stipend to meet with him in person and I'm also bringing him into the squad at the earliest mutually convenient date, October if at all possible

Direct contact doesn't play role here, i think. Cause, if CSA want to call him up they fax the club. If they want to get DVD with his games for First team and reserves - they fax the club.

-I know that Mr Studin, the president of Joseph's first club, has some connections in CSA, so that can help, maybe

-In a radio interview, when our president spoke about Joseph's potential, he mentioned that CSA didn't contact the club because of Joe's recent injury (so i assume there were some talks between CSA and our club, if not, then how our President knows, why Joe wasn't called up ?)

- I didn't get a response for my letter to CSA U23 coach, so there are two options:

1) he just ignored my letter or he doesn't check his mailbox (forgot his password, lol ?)

2) he knows about Joseph everything he needs and doesn't need advices from foreign pseudo-scouts, lol

- that German site, which always tells us first about all transfers, keeps saying that Joseph played 4 games for Canada U'21, so if that's true, CSA know about lad.

I think we can say for sure about Joseph's future in CMNT when U23 or U21 teams hold their next games. If he's healthy and not called up even to Youth national teams, than he's out of radar completely. I hope for the best, still.

Uno, do you know if it is possible to get my hands on a DiChiara jersey? How much would it cost?

online-shop doesn't ship worldwide so i can see 2 ways:

1) you contact me and we'll think something about me buying and shipping it to you.

shirt without last name, number, sponsor logos etc. costs 2500RUR (~83-85USD)

http://kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?ef,6300000011-12,

you can customize it anyway you want:

Last Name on the shirt adds extra 9$ to price

Number on the back + 8$

Logo on chest +7$

plus delivery (UPS counted price of 105$ [sick!] in 5 days, maybe there are other ways ), needs rechecking though, must be cheaper options

If you're really interested, I can check club shop at the stadium, if they have Shirts already with Number, Last Name and all logos. It might be cheaper, than customizable one, but I'm not sure.

2 option:I saw mr. Studin got blue , autographed shirt in his office

http://www.sports.ru/images/object_35.1314626797.91637.JPG

so you may contact Joseph on Facebook, and ask him if he might get some T-shirts when he gets back to Canada, but I don't want to set him up :), so, if you choose second option - contact him on FB

online-shop doesn't ship worldwide so i can see 2 ways:

1) you contact me and we'll think something about me buying and shipping it to you.

shirt without last name, number, sponsor logos etc. costs 2500RUR (~83-85USD)

http://kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?ef,6300000011-12,

you can customize it anyway you want:

Last Name on the shirt adds extra 9$ to price

Number on the back + 8$

Logo on chest +7$

plus delivery (UPS counted price of 105$ [sick!] in 5 days, maybe there are other ways ), needs rechecking though, must be cheaper options

If you're really interested, I can check club shop at the stadium, if they have Shirts already with Number, Last Name and all logos. It might be cheaper, than customizable one, but I'm not sure.

2 option:I saw mr. Studin got blue , autographed shirt in his office

http://www.sports.ru/images/object_35.1314626797.91637.JPG

so you may contact Joseph on Facebook, and ask him if he might get some T-shirts when he gets back to Canada, but I don't want to set him up :), so, if you choose second option - contact him on FB

Thanks... looks a bit expensive, maybe if some other Vs want this jersey as well we could arrange to ship 3 - 4 at the same time...

no Joseph in today match Squad

he came as a sub yesterday for Reserves, played 35 minutes

links for those who want to watch water polo played with feet, lol

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/88356_krylia_sovetov_dinamo_moscow/

upd:

no, this is very funny, really

players can't even dribble with the ball sometimes

upd2:

what a pity

main DM got injured, and there's no other DM in the Subs

i believe Joseph could've been very useful in such weather conditions

Wow! But that's in Russian so I can't "believe it until I see it." ;)

Here's hoping he is everything it appears he might be or will become! Also, if he can play regularly for an RPL club at age 20 (which isn't happening just yet) he'd be an instant upgrade at DM.

yay!

Joseph got a call-up to CMNT

http://kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/newsprn.cgi?6382

Congratulations!

Thank you uno! Can't wait until he plays a game so we can stop the discussion about whether he will defect and actually talk about what he does on the field.

Questions for you:

1. Is there a chance that Joe will become the starter after your DM got injured?

2. Non-Joe related - how is the attendance at Anzhi games? Did people in Dagestan care about the team before all their big signings?

if he can play regularly for an RPL club at age 20 (which isn't happening just yet) he'd be an instant upgrade at DM.

well, let's wait until he's twenty ))

Thank you uno! Can't wait until he plays a game so we can stop the discussion about whether he will defect and actually talk about what he does on the field.

Questions for you:

1. Is there a chance that Joe will become the starter after your DM got injured?

2. Non-Joe related - how is the attendance at Anzhi games? Did people in Dagestan care about the team before all their big signings?

1. No idea, really. So hard to predict now. Couple of weeks ago i would definitely say that Joseph will play next match as a starter if that other DM still injured... But, the injury of other DM described as a "hard knock". He can miss 1 game or so, i think.

And I am very worried about the fact that Joseph played only as a sub for Reserves last match. With our new coach at charge you can't really tell what it means.

So let's just wait till this Sunday, and we'll see. Maybe the call-up will give Joseph a new positive impulse in training

2. Anzhi had an average home attendance of 11 306 people last season. This season they have 15.530 after 24 games. So, + 4 224 gloryhunters this season, lol ))

But, i must say, they have about 2-3k of their supporters every game when playing away! That is because of fully-paid charter jets (is this correct in English?) for their supporters.

Anyway, Makhachkala is not a football region yet. They mostly visit wrestling.

BTW. We had an attendance of 17k people yesterday, in the pouring rain, second team from bottom, and our stadium was once, in 2004, most visited stadium in Eastern Europe with 24k spectators for average.

Archived