latest news

Head coach fired, best player sold.

I'm shocked.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
two mistakes:

1) no more financial problems

2) There are no thoughts of hiring new head coach in the club. President of the club gave a vote of confidence to the head coach saying that :"If the Head Coach is ever leaving, then me and the sponsors will do the same thing"

I guess it's true, the last thing you ever want from your boss is a public 'vote of confidence.'

The President of the club gave the vote of confidence, but as it figured out it is Board of Directors who decide whether Head Coach stays in the team or not. Now they promise new coach by tomorrow and solid transfer budget.

The reason the best player was sold is his desire to leave because HC told players at every training that they are not capable of anything. In these conditions i wonder, how Joseph managed to get first-team football.

I love the tag 'exotic' in this thread haha

It's still unusual to see football players from Canada, but I tell you that we had a guy from North Korea in the team. That was really exotic, lol.

^ Uno, i think the "exotic" tag is probably from the discussion of something Russian...it is a Canadian forum after all...

well, when I sarted this thread i put this tag because of the reasons i listed above )

Let's say it is exotic for Canadians to discuss Russian football as much as it is unusual for russians to see canadian player in their championship

well, when I sarted this thread i put this tag because of the reasons i listed above )

Let's say it is exotic for Canadians to discuss Russian football as much as it is unusual for russians to see canadian player in their championship

Oh, i see, didn't realize you put the tag in...i thought it was auto generated by the forum software...

Ante Jazic is not a household name in Russia? :)

The President of the club gave the vote of confidence, but as it figured out it is Board of Directors who decide whether Head Coach stays in the team or not. Now they promise new coach by tomorrow and solid transfer budget.

The reason the best player was sold is his desire to leave because HC told players at every training that they are not capable of anything. In these conditions i wonder, how Joseph managed to get first-team football.

It's still unusual to see football players from Canada, but I tell you that we had a guy from North Korea in the team. That was really exotic, lol.

I read the article on the KS website and he wasn't really sold by the team. He had a buyout clause in his contract which he made use of to transfer to Krasnodar who offered him a lot more money so the team had no choice in the matter.

On purely selfish grounds it may not be bad for DiChiara since Samsanov was also a midfielder. Not the same position as DiChiara (offensive not defensive) but nevertheless less midfield players won't hurt DiChiara's chances of playing and now KS main priority will be to sign another offensive mid not defensive mid.

I know Maksim Usanov is known by his family probably and no one else.

I read the article on the KS website and he wasn't really sold by the team. He had a buyout clause in his contract which he made use of to transfer to Krasnodar who offered him a lot more money so the team had no choice in the matter.

Well, release clause was activated, but in the Video-interview he said that, if the relationship with the coach were different, he would have stayed in the team and would not accept personal contract offer from Krasnodar.

I see positives for Joseph in the fact that some annoying young russian players who were on loan with the team (such as Kirillov) and who play at the same position as JDC does, might leave with the old coach. That would be cool.

Ante Jazic is not a household name in Russia?

I heard of him, but never thought he's Canadian.

Meanwhile, the new Head Coach was appointed today.

His name is Andrey Kobelev, and his main achievment as a coach is that he won Bronze Medals of Russian Championship in 2008 with Dinamo Moscow (one of the youngest teams that year). One of the most expensive Russian coaches at this time.

On 2nd of July team flies to a training camp in Austria where new head coach will decide who will stay in the team and who will be put on transfer list. Let's hope Joseph can stay in the first team.

It's good to see Joseph facing the challenges of a footballer so early, with a coach who seemed to favour him being fired its up to him to not only show that he should be a 1st or second choice but DM at the time being but also to prove that the club doesn't have to bring anyone into that position. This will be an extremely tough test, but I'm glad the new coach had such a young team with Dinamo in 2008 that seems good at least.

Meanwhile, the new Head Coach was appointed today.

His name is Andrey Kobelev, and his main achievment as a coach is that he won Bronze Medals of Russian Championship in 2008 with Dinamo Moscow (one of the youngest teams that year). One of the most expensive Russian coaches at this time.

On 2nd of July team flies to a training camp in Austria where new head coach will decide who will stay in the team and who will be put on transfer list. Let's hope Joseph can stay in the first team.

Judging from his record at Dinamo, seems like a good choice for coach. Seems like Dinamo fired him prematurely last year right after a victory because they were unhappy with a season start of 2 wins 2 defeats and 3 ties which certainly does not seem bad enough to fire a coach with whom the team had a lot of success. Russia suffers from the short term approach of win now or you are out in hiring and firing coaches.

Speaking of new coaches, my team Shinnik just hired your coach from last year, Yuri Gazzaev. Any opinion on him? Seemed to have had a lot of success coaching Kamaz before KS and his year at KS coincided with club having major financial difficulties.

Speaking of new coaches, my team Shinnik just hired your coach from last year, Yuri Gazzaev. Any opinion on him? Seemed to have had a lot of success coaching Kamaz before KS and his year at KS coincided with club having major financial difficulties.

He's good at building teams that contend for promotion. I can't say that his teams play attractive football, but the most important thing is that they get points. That's the major factor in Tier 2, i believe - to complete the task of being promoted. He is capable, that's for sure.

As for his time being in KS - he just gave up, just like as many other coaches would. There were 3 players who were rumoured to sell matches and disrupt harmony at the club. Yuri Gazzaev should have released them on free just like Tarkhanov did as his first thing as Krylja coach. We're not talking about financial problems at that time, of course. That was a major factor too.

I'm on vacation now and away from my PC so there's some delay with vid.

But still, some updates :

The team is now at training camp in Austria. Good news that Joseph is training with first team even with new coach at head.

proofpic:

20110706v.jpg

Cheers

Bad news:

Joseph left training camp because of upcoming surgery.

The injury is Buboncele if i translate it right way. Hernia in groin or something

Hope he'll get well and go back to training a.s.a.p

• 1 month later...

A semi-selfish question for you UNO but also with a some relation to Canada since he is also a midfielder. My team in 1st Division (2nd tier) has transferred a midfielder from KS who was changing between a starter and sub at KS. Is this a good signing for Shinnik? Does his leaving help DiChiara or are they different styles/sides of player?

Given how the squad is now, do you think he'll be a first-team starter once he's completely healthy?

Hard to say, really. He'll have to compete against a player from 2nd Russian Natioanl Team and two guys from Russia U21. Considering there's a restriction for max. number of foreign players on the pitch, I think he should be way much better than these guys to be in first 11 regulary. But i'd say that he will get his minutes as a sub in half-time or second half when team in need of securing the positive result. To summarise i see him being subbed in regulary for our attacking midfielder, who's a foreigner too. Also consider the fact that he's the youngest midfielder in the first team and there are about 30 matches left to play this season...

BUT, again, everything is possible for Joseph, it's just about his training performance. If he's better than these guys - he'll be a starter.

A semi-selfish question for you UNO but also with a some relation to Canada since he is also a midfielder. My team in 1st Division (2nd tier) has transferred a midfielder from KS who was changing between a starter and sub at KS. Is this a good signing for Shinnik? Does his leaving help DiChiara or are they different styles/sides of player?

Grizzly, Eliseev was pretty good at the start of the season, excellent signing for Shinnik. I'm kinda upset that he was loaned out.

His leaving won't help Joseph, cause Eliseev is Left Winger, and Joseph is a DM.

I also wanted to mention that Grigoryan guy we bought from your team. He was average (if not below average) during the reserves performance. So many people wondered how he managed to get his 8 goals, 5 assists in 20 games.

Joseph was 1 of 2 best performers in Reserves game first half, btw.

update:

Today is the game against Zenith St.Petersburg and Joseph is a sub. Pretty good result for a player who started training this week.

link

live

upd:

unused sub

I'd like to thank uno for the updates and I'm pretty excited about this kid, based upon what I saw in the clips here and other background. It's great to see a (very) young guy getting minutes at a good level. I hope he is healthy and that he gets the call for the first round.

I also hope he gets called for WCQ first round. Must be a step-up from Dunfield to say the least?...

I'd be upset if he isn't Sept 2 might be too close with him just getting back to fitness but he should definitely be there in October if fit and playing as expected. What a great opportunity for us to integrate a 19 year old midfielder just when it seems we are losing strength there.

Archived